New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

Mathieu18
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

I keep mind for the Nikon 50/1.2. Makes nailing focus much better (possible!).

pdmphoto wrote:
I bought one to try on my Olympus OM 50 1.2 lens. Now I need to find a good OM to Leica M adapter. Anyone have a recommendation for the adapter?

Sep 28, 2017 at 06:00 PM
Ken_Cravillion
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

This adapter has always been on my radar. If I were to take advantage of this deal what would be a first lens to get with it?

Sep 28, 2017 at 08:29 PM
scrappydog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

Ken_Cravillion wrote:
This adapter has always been on my radar. If I were to take advantage of this deal what would be a first lens to get with it?

There are plenty of options! I shoot the VC 15/4.5 III, 35/1.4 ZM, and 85/4 ZM and they are all very good.

The 35ZM needs the OptoSigma PCX DIY filter for sharp corners below f/8, but the filter introduces a mid-zone dip prior to f/8.

Sep 28, 2017 at 08:47 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

I ordered One for my CV 35 .

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:06 PM
k-h.a.w
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

GMPhotography wrote:
I ordered One for my CV 35 .

Thanks Guy. Which CV 35 in particular? TIA.

K-H.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:21 PM
Bill Hollinger
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

artur5 wrote:
Sorry fellows, but I'm going to play a bit the devil's advocate part ( or rain in your parade, if you wish).
Don't forget that lenses with internal focusing won't perform optimally with external focusing helicoids. Also, those 4,5mm of extension are clearly insufficient for lenses above 50mm. You have to prefocus manually all the time. Last, but non least, the flimsy mechanical construction ( meaning wobble in the long term ) and the mostly nonexistent customer support from Techart.
I'd say this TAP adapter might come very handy for smallish lenses below 50mm without internal focusing but it's far
...Show more

I just ordered it to try with the 75 f2.0, 90 f2.0 and f2.8 and 135 f3.4 - it won't work with these lenses?

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:25 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

I have the CV 35 1.7 with the PCX front lens

Itís seems that it will achieve infinity

k-h.a.w wrote:
Thanks Guy. Which CV 35 in particular? TIA.

K-H.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Charlie N
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

Bill Hollinger wrote:
I just ordered it to try with the 75 f2.0, 90 f2.0 and f2.8 and 135 f3.4 - it won't work with these lenses?

It'll work, but you may need to prefocus a bit, so it becomes somewhat of a chore. So like a 135 parked at infinity, may have a range of 5m to infinity. Anything closer requires a mixture of MF and AF. With a lens like a 35, you may have the range of 1m to infinity, making it much more easy to use.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:49 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

I can confirm this: The CV 35/1.7 Ultron with PCX 5m front-lens will focus at infinity with TAP! (Parked at MF position)
It's actually at the lens hard stop!

That's with my copies of the CV 35/1.7 and TAP. Let's hope there isn't much variance on this.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:34 AM
DavidBM
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

Mathieu18 wrote:
I keep mind for the Nikon 50/1.2. Makes nailing focus much better (possible!).

I've got a Leicaist OM-M adapter I use for OM 50 1.2 on TAP

be warned though that TAP doesn't work well on this lens wide open at anything other than the centre spot. In fact I've reverted to using it manually. Possibly if Sony brings the eye-AF for adapted lenses firmware to non A9 cameras, TAP may work better for portraits. For some reason I don't understand, even lenses that focus very hesitantly sometimes work well on eyeAF

Sep 29, 2017 at 01:52 AM
pdmphoto
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

DavidBM wrote:
I've got a Leicaist OM-M adapter I use for OM 50 1.2 on TAP

be warned though that TAP doesn't work well on this lens wide open at anything other than the centre spot. In fact I've reverted to using it manually. Possibly if Sony brings the eye-AF for adapted lenses firmware to non A9 cameras, TAP may work better for portraits. For some reason I don't understand, even lenses that focus very hesitantly sometimes work well on eyeAF

Thanks for the recommendation, that is an inexpensive one to buy. Center spot would be fine with me for wide open. Is that with the latest A9 eyeAF enabled firmware?

Sep 29, 2017 at 03:41 AM
DavidBM
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

pdmphoto wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation, that is an inexpensive one to buy. Center spot would be fine with me for wide open. Is that with the latest A9 eyeAF enabled firmware?

No, it's with the latest A7rII firmware, so it is likely better with A9 but I'll never know unless the new focus system comes to the next "r" series body...

Sep 29, 2017 at 04:31 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Techart pro for $249 at B and H, 24hrs only

AGeoJO wrote:
Eye- AF is coming to your legendary alternative lenses. Just a few years back, who would have thought that it would be feasible

Wait, what now? Is this firmware available?

EDIT: Ah I see now. The new A9 firmware makes eye-detect available to the LA-EA3 adapter protocol, which is the same protocol the TAP adapter uses. I can't wait to try this tomorrow (when I can take pictures of a human subject who's awake!)

Sep 29, 2017 at 07:05 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password