• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.28 #2 · p.28 #2 · 1DX II Sensor issues

therealthings wrote:
http://www.therealthings.com/fm/sensorcleaningmachine.jpg

As promised.
For some odd reason, it does not show the image. But the url is the same:
http://www.therealthings.com/fm/sensorcleaningmachine.jpg

That sure is an impressive machine for something I can do on my own in about 2 mins and so far I haven't broken a mirror doing it....

Sep 30, 2018 at 07:04 AM
therealthings
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #3 · p.28 #3 · 1DX II Sensor issues

The description of the machine was:

Robotic machine for cleaning the surface of EOS camera sensors.
Gives consistent sensor cleaning quality and high productivity.
Designed by Canon and patent pending.

Specifications:

Cleaning time:
6 minutes for Full-Frame sensor
3.5 minutes for APS-C size sensor

Cleaning Method:
1) Air only
2) Air and dry swab
3) Air, dry and wet swab

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:39 AM
Chimping
• • •
p.28 #4 · p.28 #4 · 1DX II Sensor issues

therealthings wrote:
The description of the machine was:

Robotic machine for cleaning the surface of EOS camera sensors.
Gives consistent sensor cleaning quality and high productivity.
Designed by Canon and patent pending.

Specifications:

Cleaning time:
6 minutes for Full-Frame sensor
3.5 minutes for APS-C size sensor

Cleaning Method:
1) Air only
2) Air and dry swab
3) Air, dry and wet swab

Wow, interesting to finally see it!!

Just an FYI, I’m sending my 1DX2 in for another sensor cleaning this upcoming week. The sensor splatter is starting to die down a little bit on my now.

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:28 PM
Chimping
• • •
p.28 #5 · p.28 #5 · 1DX II Sensor issues

Just received my 1DX2 back from CPS Canada after a "sensor clean", and it's just as bad as when I sent it in.

I still have hundreds of oil splatter dots in the upper left, and the CPS technician left five obvious and large dust particles scattered around the sensor too.

This is the worst sensor cleaning I've had yet from Canon Canada. Normally CPS Canada does a standup job, with the sensor coming back almost pristine. Very disappointing.

I'm just about the pack the camera up and send it back for them to re-do. Hopefully they'll get it right.

Oct 10, 2018 at 02:15 PM
Chimping
• • •
p.28 #6 · p.28 #6 · 1DX II Sensor issues

I always take an image with the camera before I send it in to CPS.

Having just compared the image I took before I sent it in, and the image I just took after the camera's return, it actually appears that the sensor wasn't even cleaned! Almost all the particles on the sensor are in EXACTLY the same position.

Oct 10, 2018 at 02:27 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.28 #7 · p.28 #7 · 1DX II Sensor issues

Chimping wrote:
I always take an image with the camera before I send it in to CPS.

Having just compared the image I took before I sent it in, and the image I just took after the camera's return, it actually appears that the sensor wasn't even cleaned! Almost all the particles on the sensor are in EXACTLY the same position.

What a joke....Pius's was immaculate when it came back from CPS Canada last fall....didn't last all that long though....

Oct 10, 2018 at 04:56 PM
Chimping
• • •
p.28 #8 · p.28 #8 · 1DX II Sensor issues

arbitrage wrote:
What a joke....Pius's was immaculate when it came back from CPS Canada last fall....didn't last all that long though....

I agree! I sent my camera in back in February and it came back pristine. They definitely can clean these sensors. So, what gives? Anyways, hopefully it gets sorted this time.

I’ve had very good experiences with CPS Canada in the past, some I’m hopeful someone just dropped the ball and that this time the cleaning will actually be done.

Oct 10, 2018 at 09:36 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.28 #9 · p.28 #9 · 1DX II Sensor issues

arbitrage wrote:
That sure is an impressive machine for something I can do on my own in about 2 mins and so far I haven't broken a mirror doing it....

Exactly. I've been cleaning 1D sensors for a long time. First Pec Pads/Eclipse and now the Visible Dust method. Never had any issues and no down time sending it into Canon.

Oct 10, 2018 at 10:07 PM
Chimping
• • •
p.28 #10 · p.28 #10 · 1DX II Sensor issues

Just wanted to do a follow up.

I received my camera back this morning from Canon Canada with a much cleaner sensor. The cleaning wasn’t perfect, and a few spots remain, but it’s substantially better than how it was before it went in.

Unfortunately, this cleaning doesn’t hold a candle to previous cleanings where the sensor came back clean as a whistle. Anyways, it’s good enough and will just get dirty again in no time. So, for now, I’m satisfied.

Canon also got it in and completed the cleaning extremely fast.

Oct 16, 2018 at 01:26 AM
dehowie
• • •
p.28 #11 · p.28 #11 · 1DX II Sensor issues

ggreene wrote:
Exactly. I've been cleaning 1D sensors for a long time. First Pec Pads/Eclipse and now the Visible Dust method. Never had any issues and no down time sending it into Canon.

Cmon mate stop talking camera maintenance basics 101 you should know this thread has nothing to do with keeping a sensor clean.
Dont you know you need to pack a 250Kg glass vacuum chamber in your Think Tank bag for cleaning your 1DxII while travelling.
28 pages of 6 stop over exposed, +100 units of clarity and 2500 units of complete insanity.
Even the Haines locals are fed up with this thread.
If through the oil spatters you can see an Eagle you might get it...

https://photos.smugmug.com/Photography-around-the-Globe/Seabourn-Sojourne-Alaska-Cruise-2018/i-34wtp3z/0/b704f560/X2/IMG_0539-X2.jpg

Oct 23, 2018 at 06:49 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.28 #12 · p.28 #12 · 1DX II Sensor issues

dehowie wrote:
Cmon mate stop talking camera maintenance basics 101 you should know this thread has nothing to do with keeping a sensor clean.
Dont you know you need to pack a 250Kg glass vacuum chamber in your Think Tank bag for cleaning your 1DxII while travelling.
28 pages of 6 stop over exposed, +100 units of clarity and 2500 units of complete insanity.
Even the Haines locals are fed up with this thread.
If through the oil spatters you can see an Eagle you might get it...

https://photos.smugmug.com/Photography-around-the-Globe/Seabourn-Sojourne-Alaska-Cruise-2018/i-34wtp3z/0/b704f560/X2/IMG_0539-X2.jpg

When did you go to Haines?....I know totally off topic but I think this thread has run its course otherwise....

Oct 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.28 #13 · p.28 #13 · 1DX II Sensor issues

If Canon put as much effort into improving their bodies as they did in making that completely over engineered sensor cleaner they would be in a far better place today.

Just saying.

Oct 23, 2018 at 05:09 PM
dehowie
• • •
p.28 #14 · p.28 #14 · 1DX II Sensor issues

arbitrage wrote:
When did you go to Haines?....I know totally off topic but I think this thread has run its course otherwise....

Mate we where up there in mid August. We just missed the King run but picked up the Sockeye dreggs..lol.
Cruise was rather remarkable and for someone who didnt think they woukd have a great time we had an incredible one.
Having spent a fair bit of time in AK but not in the Sth East it was a great introduction and already planning a return..

https://photos.smugmug.com/Photography-around-the-Globe/Seabourn-Sojourne-Alaska-Cruise-2018/i-9phW8WP/0/1209fa5f/X2/IMG_4131-Edit-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Photography-around-the-Globe/Seabourn-Sojourne-Alaska-Cruise-2018/i-WgXhPSb/0/9f5f033f/X2/IMG_0851-X2.jpg

Oct 27, 2018 at 03:50 AM
1       2       3              27      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              27      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.