Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2017 · New TS-E 135葉oo heavy for 5D-class body on tripod?

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · New TS-E 135葉oo heavy for 5D-class body on tripod?

Flowernut wrote:
Good observation. By now Canon has tried the lens on a camera mounted on a tripod as you suggest. It has also probably been out to some of their prerelease testers.

I'm not sure I share you confidence in the camera companies. Nikon had a 70-200 f2.8 lens they made roughly 30 years ago without a tripod collar and it really needed one. I'm a little fuzzy on this but I think Kirk eventually made an aftermarket collar for it.

Canon makes a tripod collar for the 70-200 f4 as an optional accessory.

There were two versions of the 80-200/2.8 Nikkor (AF and AF-D) without a tripod mount.
I used one (#1985) for years mounted on the camera. I bought the Kirk mount, but it was a PITA to use. I still have both around somewhere, but replaced the lens in 1997 with the #1986 that has the tripod mount.

EBH

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Flowernut
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · New TS-E 135葉oo heavy for 5D-class body on tripod?

EB-1 wrote:
There were two versions of the 80-200/2.8 Nikkor (AF and AF-D) without a tripod mount.
I used one (#1985) for years mounted on the camera. I bought the Kirk mount, but it was a PITA to use. I still have both around somewhere, but replaced the lens in 1997 with the #1986 that has the tripod mount.

EBH

Thanks for jogging my memory on that and providing the details. I knew Mike Kirk and Larry West back then and it was a topic with them. As a Canon user it did not effect me so the details had become a little fuzzy. The tripod collar Kirk made tor the canon 2x converter was not the greatest either but it worked and I used it. I think the idea came from a 55mm extension tube Nikon made that had a collar.

Sep 30, 2017 at 08:50 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.