New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Missing images

rjk55425
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Missing images

One of my bodies is a D600, something happened today that I have never experienced or heard of. I always shoot to cards in both slots, today raw in slot 1 and jpg fine in the other. 3 images were missing on the jpg card. I do not delete images in camera, they simply did not write to this card. Have had no issues with this sandisk extreme card but will watch it closely going forward. Now I am doubly convinced of the need to use a dual slot camera.

Sep 27, 2017 at 01:48 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Missing images

rjk55425 wrote:
One of my bodies is a D600, something happened today that I have never experienced or heard of. I always shoot to cards in both slots, today raw in slot 1 and jpg fine in the other. 3 images were missing on the jpg card. I do not delete images in camera, they simply did not write to this card. Have had no issues with this sandisk extreme card but will watch it closely going forward. Now I am doubly convinced of the need to use a dual slot camera.

Sounds like file system damage on the card. Run a check utility on the card. If errors show up correct them. The format the card and give it a workout on your computer. If ok, then format in camera and hope for the best. If a small card and not expensive, chuck it.

Morris

Sep 27, 2017 at 01:27 PM
rjk55425
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Missing images

Morris, is this to be done on the computer using a standard disk utility? Appreciate it.

Sep 28, 2017 at 01:26 AM
DABNIK
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Missing images

Not Morris - but YES - run checkdisk or some such utility on the card on a computer. Correct any errors; format the card using the computer & then format the card using the camera. If there is ANY prob toss the card.
Doug

Sep 28, 2017 at 03:34 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password