FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

jaybird555
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

The Ford Edsel could be the only automobile you値l ever need...

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:05 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

It takes some major vision and talent to make that 50 .95 look more than just the average bokeh monster, a tour through Flickr will tell you all you need to know, people patting each other on the back for pictures of beer mugs with gloriously out of focus backgrounds, etc. I rented the Noct for a few days and found to be oh-so-one-trick-pony, stellar wide open when super careful but beyond that, I found my 50 1.4ASPH is a much better lens for making real images. As far as calibration goes, I have pretty much done my own RF alignments
...Show more

Great points! Again, I am leaning towards 50/1.4 ASPH more, thanks for the recommendations from you guys.
Any input is helpful. Like I said, I'm new to Leica and 28/50 are definitely my top two lenses to go with the M10

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:40 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

It takes some major vision and talent to make that 50 .95 look more than just the average bokeh monster, a tour through Flickr will tell you all you need to know, people patting each other on the back for pictures of beer mugs with gloriously out of focus backgrounds, etc. I rented the Noct for a few days and found to be oh-so-one-trick-pony, stellar wide open when super careful but beyond that, I found my 50 1.4ASPH is a much better lens for making real images. As far as calibration goes, I have pretty much done my own RF alignments
...Show more

I agree I loved my M240's and my favorite lenses were the Mandler designed lenses, 50 Nocti f/1.0, 50 Cron IV,75 Lux, 90 Cron Pre. A few friends had tried to calibrate their M9's themselves but could never get it quite right. I would have loved to be able to calibrate the M240 as it would saved so much time but the tolerances on the M240 were much closer than on the M9.

I am envious of the M10

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:57 PM
chip_master
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

clickmepp wrote:
DP Review published - The Nikon D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/1343695324/the-nikon-d850-could-be-the-only-dslr-you-ll-ever-need

Unless you need high ISO and faster FPS, D850 gives a D5 a run for ISO and brings a ton of extra pixels. Shoot a rhythmic or dance or other similar action with only one chance to get the shot, D8xx isn't going to be the camera I am grabbing 😉

If I had to give up one of my two bodies and could only have one from the Nikon stable the D5 is still it, not saying the D850 isn't simply amazing, but to bring back the shot, the D5 can bring a shot back if you can't the D850 won't for you either!

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

There's a great condition one on the boards by the guy that runs the great website pebbleplace(I believe)! "John Black"

Great points! Again, I am leaning towards 50/1.4 ASPH more, thanks for the recommendations from you guys.
Any input is helpful. Like I said, I'm new to Leica and 28/50 are definitely my top two lenses to go with the M10

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:51 AM
bjornthun
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

If the Nikon D850 is the last DSLR one will ever need, then that will be the last camera Dpreview will ever need to review.

Sep 30, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Wilbus
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · D850 could be the only DSLR you値l ever need.. - DPReview

shoot3r wrote:
If true, this is great for us, the consumers, but I have to wonder what Nikon was thinking. This camera basically makes all their other DSLRs redundant. The price will be a limiting factor, though. What will they do from here on out? It doesn't seem like there's really much more room (or need) for improvement in the DSLR world. Mirrorless?

I remember the same thing being said with the release of the D3 and D700... and most other high end cameras as of late. Simple fact is that most digital system cameras became better then most photographers many years ago, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy new tech to help us make better pictures or make life easier for us.

Sep 30, 2017 at 04:34 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password