New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

XQD card to iPad

anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · XQD card to iPad

Anyone found a solution for transferring D500 Raw files to my iPadPro ver.1 from an XQD card? I'm in Cape Cod next week. I know I can just use my SD and dongle. I don't know if there exists such a connector for XQD. TIA

Sep 25, 2017 at 08:47 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · XQD card to iPad

All the XQD card readers need more power than provided by the standard USB connection cables, so unless you want to plug your camera into one of those, you need the Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter. Plug your XQD reader into that and any power into the USB3 mini-plug

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?fnode=91&fs=f%3Dadapter%26fh%3D4588%252B45b0

Erich

Sep 25, 2017 at 09:54 PM
CanadaMark
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · XQD card to iPad

I use the above posted adapter and it works, however I am using an iPad Pro 10.5" and a CF/SD reader. You also need to plug in external power (the iPad charger) to the adapter/dongle. I can't see why any of that would be different with an older iPad Pro or with XQD, but do note that you will be limited to USB 2.0 transfer speeds on the previous generation iPad Pros.

So what you would do is plug your chosen XQD reader into the female USB port on the adapter, and then plug your iPad charger into the lightning connector on the adapter. Then plug the adapter itself into the iPad and it should work just like your current SD adapter. Not a very 'clean' solution, but it works.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:04 PM
webmstrk9
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · XQD card to iPad

@Elinder is correct, I was using that in combination with the Sony XQD/SD reader for a road trip I was recently on for the iPad Pro 10.5 I have.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:21 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · XQD card to iPad

You guys are great thanks so very much

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:04 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password