New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Ordered the RX1R ii

saxguy

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ordered the RX1R ii

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the RX1R ii. It arrives Tuesday and can't wait to start shooting with it. I'm still not sure if I made the right decision vs. the Leica Q, but it seems once I start looking at images that fear should be alleviated.

Any tips in setting it up? I already know to map the Eye AF to one of the buttons.

I ordered a Lim's grip half case, Sony screen protector, extra batteries, Zeiss 49mm T* polarizer and Zeiss 49mm T* UV filter, Peak Design Leash and Cuff, JJC Lens Hood, and lens mate soft release button.

I still need a flash (I think), but it seems only the HVL-43m will allow me to shoot in both portrait and landscape configurations.

All in all, I'm pretty excited.

Sep 25, 2017 at 02:39 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ordered the RX1R ii

It's a super camera and you are going to love it. Congrats!
I recommend the Godox TT350s for it. Small and powerful.

Sep 25, 2017 at 03:28 AM
oddjobprime

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ordered the RX1R ii

Fred Miranda wrote:

Though this has nothing to do with the RX1Rii, I wanted to thank you for mentiong this flash - after reading this and researching, I decided to order one to use as an on-camera fill flash for events. I have been using the much larger Nissin flash. It works well, but it's bulky.
This Godox tt350 is really amazing - tiny, light-weight, and it has all the controls I need very intuitively laid out and quick to access. Even has HSS and strobe mode - crazy! Seems quite solid as well.
My event bag just got lighter and less bulky, and when on the camera I can barely tell it's there. They hit a home run with this thing, IMO.

Sep 30, 2017 at 05:30 PM
saxguy

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ordered the RX1R ii

oddjobprime wrote:
Though this has nothing to do with the RX1Rii, I wanted to thank you for mentiong this flash - after reading this and researching, I decided to order one to use as an on-camera fill flash for events. I have been using the much larger Nissin flash. It works well, but it's bulky.
This Godox tt350 is really amazing - tiny, light-weight, and it has all the controls I need very intuitively laid out and quick to access. Even has HSS and strobe mode - crazy! Seems quite solid as well.
My event bag just got lighter and less bulky, and when
...Show more

Can you use the evf with it? Mine pops up almost all the way, but the viewfinder doesn't come up high enough to extend. I don't know if I should just nudge it up a bit or not.

Sep 30, 2017 at 05:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

oddjobprime

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ordered the RX1R ii

Sorry, not using it in the RX1 so I wouldn't know.

saxguy wrote:
Can you use the evf with it? Mine pops up almost all the way, but the viewfinder doesn't come up high enough to extend. I don't know if I should just nudge it up a bit or not.

Sep 30, 2017 at 06:06 PM
swldstn
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ordered the RX1R ii

Fred Miranda wrote:

Fred, have you used the TT350s with an A6xxx camera? I'm sure it works I was wondering about it's size and stress on the the hot shoe. I have quite a few Godox flashes compatible with the X radio system so I thought it would make a good addition.

Steve W

Oct 01, 2017 at 12:12 AM
nampramos
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ordered the RX1R ii

Unfortunately that small Godox doesn't allow the EVF to come all the way up, a real shame since it's only missing 1-2mm. The bigger Godox works fine but it's a monster on the RX1RII.

Oct 01, 2017 at 09:12 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password