Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Withdrawn: Nikon Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S, sharp!!

deuxcent

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Nikon Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S, sharp!!

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S

Withdrawn

Price: $1,195.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks
Shipping instructions: UPS tracked and insured

I'm selling this fantastic Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens, my trusty companion on all my photo adventures since 2010.

My entrepreneurial self can state confidently that no other lens has made me as much money. My artistic self can state just as confidently that no other zoom in this price bracket makes portraits look so delicious.

The rubber on the zoom ring is loose, but I never dared send it in to Nikon for fear that some tech would futz with the optics too, which are just stellar. This lens is cosmetically a 7 or 8 (various mild-to-medium scuffs 'n' scratches, a few minor worn-paint areas) and optically a 10. The front element was always protected with a pro AV filter, so the glass is pristine, although there is a large speck of dust visible when you peer down the fat end (rest assured, it doesn't show up in any photos you take with this lens).

This specimen of the venerable 70-200mm

- is sharp, and has
- fast and reliable autofocus
- vibration reduction (VRII) that lets you shoot handheld at 1/30s
- beautiful bokeh
- and a very attractive visual "melting" effect that, at longer focal lengths, renders out-of-focus areas as a wash of lovely color.

Comes with collar, hood, and tripod foot. I may still have the original box but will have to look.

U.S. lens, not grey import. Bought it for $2,285. I just spent close to $3K on its successor, so it's time to let this workhorse go to someone who'll appreciate her just as much as I have.

All people photos taken by me, with this VRII lens, this summer.

$1,195, firm. I pay shipping and insurance.

Sep 24, 2017 at 06:07 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.