New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · D850 or new lens for safari

xGumbyx

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D850 or new lens for safari

Thanks AnnJS. I've been on Malarone before. I'm not sure if it is the Malarone or something else but each time I've been on Malarone I've broken out in a rash that usually goes away in a week or so. This may just be a co-incidence but annoying nonetheless.

I did end up biting the bullet and purchased a D850 and Grip as well. I'm looking at a few different 24-70 2.8 or possibly even a 24-120 f4 that I have found a decent deal on. Time is running out and so is the money!

Nov 24, 2017 at 01:05 PM
Vinnie_VdB
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D850 or new lens for safari

Congratulations on the D850 . Time is indeed running out as we can sniff December already.
I just booked myself another 6-nights safari for January and can't wait to be back in the bush in the Maseke reserve. With the recent warning on malaria and this being the wet season will I be on Malarone for sure.

Nov 24, 2017 at 03:09 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D850 or new lens for safari

For wildlife shooting you have it covered with your two current cameras. I do not know if I would choose the 200-500mm over a 150-600mm lens. When using the 200-500mm on the D500 the combination provides the view angle of a 300mm lens on a full frame camera and I have often found this to long. I actually grab the 80-400mm lens more often for this reason.

I would ask the safari operator which focal lengths get used the most as it can differ by location and distances to animals. Usually lens changes are not an option in a shared vehicle and so zooms are best, in general.

Nov 24, 2017 at 08:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.