Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

~~~ Couple from South India beach ~~~

zurura

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ~~~ Couple from South India beach ~~~

Went for a short weekend trip with a couple of friends for photographing southern India beaches near Mangalore. I used the Fuji XT-20 with the Rokinon 12mm for almost the entire trip.

The first image is shot during the sunset. Pity it rained post this shot as the light was gorgeous but we were enjoying it by sitting in the car.

Surathkal by Gautam Pardake

The second was shot from the same beach the next morning.

Morning Blues by Gautam Pardake

C & C is highly appreciated.
Thanks for viewing.

Sep 24, 2017 at 08:09 AM
dghyams

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ~~~ Couple from South India beach ~~~

Very nicely done! For me, the first shot is outstanding; nothing at all to say could be done better. The second I don't find as compelling; there is somewhat of want for a real subject (is it the lighthouse or the foreground) and the eye is drawn to the brightest area, which is not a subject.

Beautiful spot!

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:10 PM
kwilliam8
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ~~~ Couple from South India beach ~~~

Very nice! I prefer the first image, as well. But the second image is pretty good. Nice exposures and processing in both images. You have some very nice images on your website too! Looking forward to seeing more of your work here!
Keith W.

Sep 24, 2017 at 07:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gordon l
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ~~~ Couple from South India beach ~~~

First shot is awesome. Great job!

Sep 25, 2017 at 12:16 PM
twoflower

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ~~~ Couple from South India beach ~~~

Wonderful photos both of them, Gautam.
Love how you used that mossy rock as foreground interest.
You might want to burn out the areas of water in both the photos, so as to accentuate the motion in the water.

Sep 26, 2017 at 09:22 AM
zurura

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · ~~~ Couple from South India beach ~~~

dghyams wrote:
Very nicely done! For me, the first shot is outstanding; nothing at all to say could be done better. The second I don't find as compelling; there is somewhat of want for a real subject (is it the lighthouse or the foreground) and the eye is drawn to the brightest area, which is not a subject.

Beautiful spot!

Thank you. I understand what you are trying to say about the second image. May be less of the empty space between the rocks and light house could have helped. I planned to use the rock as a holding element and then make the eye travel to the lighthouse. Else burning the water may help, I guess. Let me revisit it in post.
Appreciate the feedback.

---------------------------------------------

kwilliam8 wrote:
Very nice! I prefer the first image, as well. But the second image is pretty good. Nice exposures and processing in both images. You have some very nice images on your website too! Looking forward to seeing more of your work here!
Keith W.

Thank you so much Keith. I am glad that you liked my work. Thanks.

gordon l wrote:
First shot is awesome. Great job!

Thank you Gordon.

twoflower wrote:
Wonderful photos both of them, Gautam.
Love how you used that mossy rock as foreground interest.
You might want to burn out the areas of water in both the photos, so as to accentuate the motion in the water.

Thanks for the feedback. Shall definitely revisit the photos in post processing.

Think 500px kills some of the contrast. I was seeing it a bit differently. My Spyder shall arrive in a few days. I plan to check the colours and contrast of most keepers post that. Thanks once again guys.

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:40 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password