Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Zeiss 15mm Distagon T* f/2.8 ZF.2 (Official Thread)

JohnK007
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zeiss 15mm Distagon T* f/2.8 ZF.2 (Official Thread)

This lens is now available (brand new) for nearly $1,200 from its original listed price:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/850104-REG/Zeiss_1964830_Distagon_T_15mm_f_2_8.html

The Milvus (rubber/plastic) version is $1,000 more.

If you're looking for a primo ultra-wide for your Nikkor, at a super deal, now's the time to pull the trigger.

I will bet a hundred dollars to a donut that, in 3 years, this metal lens will be worth more than the Milvus on eBay.

I am loving mine

Devil's Postpile National Monument

Hard Act to Follow

John Muir Trail

Sep 23, 2017 at 06:42 PM
DougDolde
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zeiss 15mm Distagon T* f/2.8 ZF.2 (Official Thread)

I want one just can't afford

Sep 15, 2018 at 04:21 PM
mysh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zeiss 15mm Distagon T* f/2.8 ZF.2 (Official Thread)

I have owned both the ZF.2 and the milvus of this lens.

The zf.2 is better looks and build. THe milvus has a rubber ring, and the outer material shows fingerprints.

With that said the Milvus version is noticeably better. Better Color/Contrast, less flare and just overall better.

THe Milvus also can be smaller without the removable hood and takes 95mm filters without having to pay $300 to zeiss to cut your lens.

Both lenses are great but if you want the best image quality and can afford either one go for the Milvus. FOr me image quality/Use is more important than looks/build.

Sep 15, 2018 at 04:41 PM
davidrwilliams
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zeiss 15mm Distagon T* f/2.8 ZF.2 (Official Thread)

JohnK007 wrote:
The Milvus (rubber/plastic) version is $1,000 more.

The only part of my Milvus that's plastic are the lens caps. Otherwise, it's a solid weather-sealed metal body and hood (just went through a huge downpour in Venice unscathed) and superb glass.

...Dave.

Sep 18, 2018 at 04:05 PM
JohnK007
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zeiss 15mm Distagon T* f/2.8 ZF.2 (Official Thread)

mysh wrote:
I have owned both the ZF.2 and the milvus of this lens.

The zf.2 is better looks and build. THe milvus has a rubber ring, and the outer material shows fingerprints.

With that said the Milvus version is noticeably better. Better Color/Contrast, less flare and just overall better.

THe Milvus also can be smaller without the removable hood and takes 95mm filters without having to pay $300 to zeiss to cut your lens.

Both lenses are great but if you want the best image quality and can afford either one go for the Milvus. FOr me image quality/Use is more important than looks/build.

Thanks for your review.

I can afford both.

However, IMO, the qualitative difference is negligible, while the Distagon T* will retain the greater re-sale value. The contrast and resolving power are equivalent, and whatever negligible advantage the Milvus offers (1) isn't worth the $1,000 increase in price, and (2) is only at f/8, not at f/4-8.

The Distagon actually performs better wide-open and esp @ f/4

Oct 14, 2018 at 03:06 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.