New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

The Writer

willmeades

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Writer

Got to photograph my friend Kelsey at a downtown coffee shop. She wanted some new photos for her website. Kelsey is an RN/Case Manager as well as a writer (science fiction). Starting off, she was very nervous, but she became more relaxed as we progressed. She reminds me of my oldest daughter, can stand to be in front of a camera!

Sep 22, 2017 at 02:38 PM
Senthilvv28

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Writer

Very nice pictures . Can you share some lens and exposure details. Did you use any lights or post processing fixes?

Sep 22, 2017 at 03:25 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Writer

#3 for me but all are well done. The POV in #1 makes her shoes as dominate as her face; #3 shows a little tension with the closed fist and #4 looks like a fashion shot. I like the lighting in all of them and the young lady is the typical beautiful LA girl... Mike

Sep 22, 2017 at 03:31 PM
willmeades

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Writer

Senthilvv28 wrote:
Very nice pictures . Can you share some lens and exposure details. Did you use any lights or post processing fixes?

sure...after shooting all of these, I used photoshop and portrait pro. I donít take any defaults with Portrait Pro but just kind of found my own style that I like and my clients seem to enjoy. Hereís the shooting specs starting from the 1st photo then down. All shot with Sony A7R2

1st- Sony 85 1.4 lens @ 1.4, 200th/sec. withAD200 flash with bare bulb and soft diffuser.
2nd- Sony 55 1.8 lens @ 1.8 1/200 sec. with a white reflector
3rd- Sony 85 1.4 lens @ 1.4 1/200 sec. with AD200 flash with bare bulb and soft diffuser.
4th- Sony 85 1.4 lens @ 1.4 1/200 sec. with white reflector

Sep 22, 2017 at 03:44 PM
willmeades

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Writer

MikeMancil wrote:
#3 for me but all are well done. The POV in #1 makes her shoes as dominate as her face; #3 shows a little tension with the closed fist and #4 looks like a fashion shot. I like the lighting in all of them and the young lady is the typical beautiful LA girl... Mike

Agree with the point of view! She was sitting on a wall that was about 8 feet above me. I held the camera over my head and used auto eye focus - then just got lucky! #ís 3, 4 were further into our shoot. She was tense and nervous when we started. She doesnít necessarily like being in front of a camera but finds it a necessary evil! She was also running 30 minutes late and was frustrated....but all in all, we got what we needed. It was interesting going through the photos and seeing how she was more relaxed the more we did.

#3 is also my favorite.
Youíll also notice that in the photo below she actually craked a little open mouth smile and her fist is slightly more relaxed.

Sep 22, 2017 at 03:49 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password