Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

New to long exposure shots.....

TooManyShots
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New to long exposure shots.....

Went out again this evening...

sunsetplumbeach0047 by vracing, on Flickr

stairsFinala by vracing, on Flickr

pier1_final by vracing, on Flickr

Sep 22, 2017 at 01:14 AM
01Ryan10
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New to long exposure shots.....

Well...There's Not much to it, but here are some things to consider...

Motion...Be aware of it and think about how you want to portray or even use it. Anything that can move, trees, water, clouds, people, boats...etc..will begin to "ghost".

You're not going to make an uninteresting composition interesting just because you used a longer shutter speed. Use a longer shutter speed to enhance a good composition. Again, water and clouds.

I like to shoot moving water at 1/10th to 1 sec depending on the speed. I also like to show good movement in the clouds when i'm shooting long exposure landscapes.

Sep 22, 2017 at 04:54 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New to long exposure shots.....

I have to agree with Ryan.

Number one might have potential, but it is essentially boring. Some light and a great sky would make all the difference. Pictures two and three do nothing for me and I wonder why they are in landscape.

Looking for, developing an eye, for interesting and compelling landscapes is half the game. Then decide how you want to photograph it.

Now if you are just posting to ask general questions, then the Photo Critique forum is more appropriate. Show the finished work here.

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:52 PM
TooManyShots
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New to long exposure shots.....

Thanks...I thought these shots are OK. My second outing with my ND filters. They aren't meant to blow your minds..... Shooting them on the beach and to realize the sand underneath can move if the tides are rising and wetting the sand. Is not that easy to shoot long exposure shots if you are shooting on the beach. I also realized that high and strong wind can cause blurs in the photo.

Sep 22, 2017 at 02:21 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password