New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

D850 lossless compressed raw 64GB card ~650 potential shots

Edited on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:11 AM · View previous versions

Sep 22, 2017 at 02:08 AM
mysh
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

The shot counters are never right. With lossless compressed and 64gb card you can get around 1000 shots.

I am really happy I made the decision to buy a XQD card on the day preorders went on sale.

Right after placing my preorder I ordered a open box 64gb sony G from adorama for $65. Now it seems nearly impossible to find them.

Sep 22, 2017 at 06:51 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

bbourizk wrote:
Charles
I picked up a couple of 128gb from videopro in Sydney about 4 weeks back. I wanted the 256gb but they didn't have stock and wasn't going to arrive before heading overseas.

They had the 128gb in stock. Best price in Australia and cheaper than buying from the USA.

Thank you

Sep 22, 2017 at 07:11 AM
bs kite
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

CanadaMark wrote:
I've seen them come in and out of stock twice now at B&H, the only reason I didn't buy is I think I have another month to wait for my D850. Just set a stock alert and jump on it when they come in. B&H says 7-10 days for the Sony G's.

You could also consider 64GB cards, which are still going to be able to hold ~1300 D850 RAWs each. Personally I'm going with 64's.

32GB is in stock everywhere if you just need something to tide you over until stock improves. Still good for ~650 RAWs each.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=64+GB+XQD

Mark, are you talking about one of these? If so, which one would you buy?

Thanks

Sep 22, 2017 at 08:24 AM
mach250
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

CanadaMark wrote:
Are you shooting uncompressed? You want to always be shooting lossless compressed. The average D850 file size is just over 50 MB, so you should be getting about 4 times what you are seeing on a 64GB card. Somewhere around 1000-1200 shots, give or take.

Another option is to buy SD cards and give up the huge buffer for the time being, if you're in a pinch. If you are shooting uncompressed though, simply changing that to lossless compressed will probably solve a lot of your storage woes.

If you get 300 now, and you were hoping to double that to 600
...Show more

Why do you recommend compressed instead of uncompressed? My way of thinking is that if there is any compression it may effect the image quality.

Sep 22, 2017 at 08:36 AM
bs kite
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

mach250 wrote:
Why do you recommend compressed instead of uncompressed? My way of thinking is that if there is any compression it may effect the image quality.

LOSSLESS compressed. It is in the name.

Sep 22, 2017 at 09:00 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

mysh wrote:
The shot counters are never right. With lossless compressed and 64gb card you can get around 1000 shots.

I am really happy I made the decision to buy a XQD card on the day preorders went on sale.

Right after placing my preorder I ordered a open box 64gb sony G from adorama for $65. Now it seems nearly impossible to find them.

i'm really happy I've been using XQD for years

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

srboynton

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

newegg shows Sony series G @ 128GB for $356

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:30 AM
reggieb
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

srboynton wrote:
newegg shows Sony series G @ 128GB for $356

You sure that isn't the 256?

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:48 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

no. 2 offers Sony 128GB G at $356. "surge" market prices. and its through a spotty 3rd party

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:54 AM
CanadaMark
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

bs kite wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=64+GB+XQD

Mark, are you talking about one of these? If so, which one would you buy?

Thanks

Personally I'm going with 64GB Sony G series at least for the XQD. If they are out of stock when my camera arrives, I will go with the equivalent Lexar 2933x. I had mostly been looking at B&H because I need other stuff there too, and the cards are WAY cheaper than in Canada, even after exchange and duties.

Sep 22, 2017 at 03:58 PM
CanadaMark
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

mach250 wrote:

What you want is *lossless* compressed. It is literally, 100%, bit-for-bit identical to uncompressed, and mathematically reversible. There is no reason at all to be shooting uncompressed unless you have a very unique post processing situation that requires it (for example if your preferred editing software cannot read a LC NEF). For the vast majority of people using normal software like Lightroom or ACR or CNX or Capture One, you want to be using Lossless Compression.

Sep 22, 2017 at 04:01 PM
84FJ60
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · XQD CARDS-WHERE TO BUY??

The local Best Buy Store here in Denver is where I found some back in May. I bought a Sony 64 GB XQD card there (and they matched the B&H price).

David

Sep 23, 2017 at 03:58 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password