FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Film camera legacy lenses

dalite
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Film camera legacy lenses

A dozen or more years ago I bet a lot of us would have chucked out our legacy lenses (I mean lenses from the days of film cameras) or just stow them away in a container, exiled to the river of forgetfulness. Well, I still have my Olympus OM-D lenses (or at least third party lenses for the OM-D system) and thanks to today's numerous manufacturers of adapters, these lenses can be dusted off the shelves and resuscitated. So here are a few shots. Manual Focus, focus peaking and focus magnification, naturally. No IS, IBIS, VR, VC, etc. etc.

Let's start a thread on this. Maybe we can learn to utilize them better with our current system and have fun. And not mortgage our houses by buying new equipment every 2 years.

Tokina 80-200mm/f4 lens. Push-pull, non-extending zoom. I think it was shot at f5.6

ILCE-6000    ---- lens    1/2000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 21, 2017 at 02:42 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Film camera legacy lenses

Nicely done Dennis. The old glass forces you to use good technique because there are no "helpers" built into those lenses ~ Ron

Sep 21, 2017 at 03:06 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Film camera legacy lenses

Very nicely done.

Birdie

Sep 21, 2017 at 03:08 AM
dalite
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Film camera legacy lenses

Thanks Ron and Roberta. Here is another one.

Vivitar Auto-Macro 55mm/f2.8. Huge file resized, so loss of detail.

ILCE-6000    ---- lens    1/200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 21, 2017 at 03:13 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dalite
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Film camera legacy lenses

Waterfowl.

Tokina 80-200mm/f4. Full size crop

ILCE-6000    ---- lens    1/640s    400 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Resized

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Film camera legacy lenses

Two of my primes are old nikon classics. I have the 180mm f2.8 and the 50mm f1.4. There second generation so they do autofocus yet no stabilization or digital coatings. I purchased them to both save money and for there super sharpness and bokeh.

Three with the 180mm:

053114DSC_9042-1024h by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

050314DSC_4111 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

081713DSC_5224 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

This lens is a gem and as it's not that well known is a bargain and easy to find used.

Now the 50mm is not exactly a wildlife lens yet when my old friend Finger Licking wondered into the exhibit area at the Oceanside Marine Nature Study Area and then stood upon a chair in there presentation area I sat down in a chair directly behind him and took this image:

053114DSC_8979 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

Finger did not return this year and it is assumed that he has passed. He is missed by many

I don't see why anyone should pay for new lenses when these gemms are out there and can be had for 1/4 there price.

Morris

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM
dalite
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Film camera legacy lenses

I don't see why anyone should pay for new lenses when these gemms are out there and can be had for 1/4 there price.

Morris

_______
Agree. And it's fun too. Nice shots of the butterfly and head shot of the egret.

Sep 23, 2017 at 05:31 AM
dalite
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Film camera legacy lenses

As the natives, looking up at the surrounding trees, said to the Jamestown settlers: "Fall!"

Shorter days, cooler nights are causing earlier autumnal colors from my oak tree. Why, it even snowed in the Sierra the first day of autumn. A strange year climate wise.

I checked the color of the brickwork, thinking it was not red enough but it was rendered correctly. The Bougainvillea color and tool shed door brown colors are spot on. In the past, some yellow colors of the A6000 (especially the yellows of black eyed Susan's had a greenish tint, not yellow enough, but the oak leaf yellows here are right). Color temperature for this shot was "default" setting. I did not change it.

Olympus H-Zuiko, 24mm/f2.8, [email protected] 1/125 sec, MF. Morning light. Clock time is incorrect.

ILCE-6000    ---- lens    1/125s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 26, 2017 at 08:45 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password