Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

What Flash For Sony A7r II?

sabeast

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What Flash For Sony A7r II?

What flash would you recommend for Fashion Photography / Street Style Photography / Product Photography? I was looking at the Sony - HVL-F45RM.

Sep 20, 2017 at 01:49 PM
jmmaher
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What Flash For Sony A7r II?

Godox or Flashpoint. Ad200. Much more powerful and versatile. If not this one than any of the Godox options.
Jim

Sep 20, 2017 at 03:42 PM
Jimi3
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What Flash For Sony A7r II?

Yes, definitely look at godox - it's amazing what you get for much less than the price of a Sony flash.

Sep 20, 2017 at 04:38 PM
Duckysaysquack
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What Flash For Sony A7r II?

I've had it with Sony flashes. I made the mistake of buying all Sony flashes when I started out, F43m, f60m, f20m. All of them were expensive as hell and not one had wireless radio which in my opinion is essential for any sort of off-camera event or portrait work. Optical triggering simply doesn't cut it as it doesn't work in any condition other than being close up and in a dark room. Sony came out with some wireless triggers and remote last year. $200 for a stupid remote and ideally you'd want at least two of these and $400 for the trigger.

That said, they were indeed really well made. I really do enjoy the quick shift bounce feature - much better than twisting the flash head. The menus I found were also very intuitive and the buttons were easy to use. But overall the Sony flashes were not worth the price. Until they can get some new versions of the existing flashes with radio enable and cut the price down by half, there are so much cheaper options out there. Godox is def worth taking a look. They sell under Godox, Flashpoint from Adorama, Cheetah, etc are all wireless, compatible with Sony's optical triggering, and significantly cheaper than the Sony flashes. You can literally buy 4 Godox TT685s and 1 R2 wireless transmitter for the price of the f60m!

Sep 22, 2017 at 06:39 PM
Outdoors20

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What Flash For Sony A7r II?

Yes Godox, Flashpoint AD200. I bought 2 and never use my canon flashes anymore. Love that they have receiver built into them.

Sep 22, 2017 at 07:26 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password