Your comments and critiques welcome.

Steve

WAiting for the L

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:44 AM
Fred Amico
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Waiting for the L

I have no idea why, Steve, but when I saw this all I could do was smile, and keep smiling.

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:16 AM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Waiting for the L

Fred Amico wrote:
I have no idea why, Steve, but when I saw this all I could do was smile, and keep smiling.

Admiring eyes Fred. I don't often shoot from "behind", but sometimes body language catches one's attention.

Steve

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:24 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Waiting for the L

There are some interesting juxtapositions.

I just wish you might have taken the time to square it up a bit more. It seems like you've gone kinda slack lately with your attention to your lines. Not sure if it's just moving too quickly, or literally shooting from the hip or ... or if you are putting the skew into things intentionally.

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:42 AM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Waiting for the L

RustyBug wrote:
There are some interesting juxtapositions.

I just wish you might have taken the time to square it up a bit more. It seems like you've gone kinda slack lately with your attention to your lines. Not sure if it's just moving too quickly, or literally shooting from the hip or ... or if you are putting the skew into things intentionally.

Thanks Kent for the astute observation. When I shot this, I was testing a new technique where the camera was hanging around my neck and I pressed the touch screen on the rear, horizontally extended LCD to take the photo. As opposed to bringing the camera up to my eye, which is a dead give away of your intentions. I took several shots, and this was the one I liked the best. The ladies were moving slightly as I framed. Bottom line, I wasn't focused on lining it up the way I should have, but more concerned about not being noticed.

Steve

Sep 19, 2017 at 02:01 AM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Waiting for the L

An adjustment to fix lines...

Waiting on the L

Sep 19, 2017 at 02:10 AM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Waiting for the L

Funny about this image - normally would agree with Kent about straight lines, but for some reason, the tilt doesn't bother me here.

Sep 19, 2017 at 04:33 AM
KCook0
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Waiting for the L

Bottom line, I wasn't focused on lining it up the way I should have, but more concerned about not being noticed.

Erm, you're quite sure that was the Bottom line?

tooweaktoresist

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:09 AM
lighthound
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Waiting for the L

There is something very appealing about this image that I just can't put my finger(s) on.

Seriously though, this is a great shot Steve. Tells the story very well of what life is like in the big Apple. And well... honestly, is easy on the eyes too!

I'm assuming there are non-desired objects or other people to the left and right? It feels rather tight on the sides but I suspect you had no choice.

Dave

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:47 PM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Waiting for the L

lighthound wrote:
There is something very appealing about this image that I just can't put my finger(s) on.

Seriously though, this is a great shot Steve. Tells the story very well of what life is like in the big Apple. And well... honestly, is easy on the eyes too!

I'm assuming there are non-desired objects or other people to the left and right? It feels rather tight on the sides but I suspect you had no choice.

Dave

Hi Dave, and yeah, once I fixed the verticals, not much room on the sides.

This was last Saturday night, waiting for the train to Williamsburg, Brooklyn, which is filled with young people and much going on in terms of night life.

Steve

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Waiting for the L

The first one worked ok for me, sort of tells a story in a catch the moment sort of way.

Sep 19, 2017 at 05:19 PM
lylejk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Waiting for the L

Hope you don't mind my nod to a Dave Hill look, Steve (at least a try anyway).

Sep 19, 2017 at 06:00 PM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Waiting for the L

lylejk wrote:
Hope you don't mind my nod to a Dave Hill look, Steve (at least a try anyway).

https://s19.postimg.org/eqhjjgx83/dh_look.jpg

I like this a lot Lyle! Thanks for posting.

Steve

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:50 PM
DaleBerlin
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Waiting for the L

I really like this Steve. It has a Yin and yang thing going on. I admire your work, and although I don't comment often, I always look. Speaking my mind, I only have 2 nits. I would bring out more detail in the black boots, and I would remove whatever is sticking into the lower right edge. Super shot.

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:59 PM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Waiting for the L

DaleBerlin wrote:
I really like this Steve. It has a Yin and yang thing going on. I admire your work, and although I don't comment often, I always look. Speaking my mind, I only have 2 nits. I would bring out more detail in the black boots, and I would remove whatever is sticking into the lower right edge. Super shot.

Hey Dale, and appreciate your comments and looking. Good point about bringing out more detail in the boots. As far as the shoe on the right, I left it there intentionally. It's a male shoe, pointing in the ladies direction, in my mind's eye with a metaphorical intent.

Steve

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:17 PM
DaleBerlin
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Waiting for the L

Reminds me of a verse from Aqualung. Sure, that makes perfect sense. I'm sorry, but I did not recognize it. Ill bet it is very obvious in the high resolution image.

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:59 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Waiting for the L

Young ladies, dressed to go out, what could be better. Good catch. Now, if I can just figure out how the left lady is standing on those two beer cans ... Mike

Sep 20, 2017 at 09:03 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Waiting for the L

With the heels on the left girl, did she make it safely across the platform?

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:53 PM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Waiting for the L

Rick Joyce wrote:
With the heels on the left girl, did she make it safely across the platform?

Mike and Rick:

I often wonder too. But it's called fashion.

Steve

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Waiting for the L

Nice one
Appealing image, subjects, angling
I wouldn't change anything

Scott

Sep 24, 2017 at 06:54 PM
       2       end