New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

In a test the zoom beat the 18mm in the corners at F 5.6 and down. Sorry was not more specific. I saw that and sold the 18mm bought the 25 F2 since I could use the speed more in the 25 focal length. But if you need F2 18 it's the only game in town. But seriously you might want to look at the Tokina Firin 20mm. Which is extremely good on just about every level and a lot cheaper as well. It's manual focus.

My biggest issue with Batis is just hard to focus on manual except the 135 which I find much better.

Been thinking about buying the Firin again actually for certain shoots

Sep 21, 2017 at 09:18 AM
taemo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

man, that's a really good price on the 21mm loxia!
So tempted to return the one I bought locally from The Camera Store and save ~200US$ but might just help a local shop with fantastic customer service.

Sep 21, 2017 at 09:30 AM
twomblywhite

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

Fred Miranda wrote:
Form-factor definitely Voigtlander 12 but IQ is really no contest even at small apertures.

Fred - I've seen all of the testing you did that shows the incredible performance of the 12-24/f4G but do you have any real world comparison examples? For example the Sagrada Familia image but taken by each lens and thus showing real world situation IQ difference.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

twomblywhite wrote:
Fred - I've seen all of the testing you did that shows the incredible performance of the 12-24/f4G but do you have any real world comparison examples? For example the Sagrada Familia image but taken by each lens and thus showing real world situation IQ difference.

Hi there,
If you are referring to this image:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1454430/5#14188603

I believe the sunstars from the CV are really nice and I would not get the same effect with the 12-24G. However, if I were to print this image big, there would be differences in sharpness for sure. If only presenting on the web, I would go CV all the way for this shot.

One thought about shooting churches handheld is that the CV really needs f/8 for the corners and the 12-24G would be fine wide open, so two stops less noise for this one. We can't have it all!

Sep 21, 2017 at 03:42 PM
jhinkey
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

Oh the 85Lox is always at the top of my disposable income purchases. Now if I could just have more disposable income I'd be all set

Sep 21, 2017 at 06:14 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

jhinkey wrote:
Oh the 85Lox is always at the top of my disposable income purchases. Now if I could just have more disposable income I'd be all set

The new CV 40/1.2 + Lox 85/2.4 sound like a great MF duet.
I'm leaning towards just having the CV 35/1.7 and CV 65/2 APO.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:37 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

I’m thrilled with the CV 35,CV65,Batis 135 combo
I’m also falling for this Llowa 15mm Big time

I do want to see the CV 40 against the Cv 35 and see how they fare against each other

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:41 AM
Parariss
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Price drop: Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses

jhinkey wrote:

Yeah, the problem with disposable income is that it's usually predisposed.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:52 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.