Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use F...

kewlcanon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

http://www.fujirumors.com/nikon-manager-says-professional-photographers-dont-use-fujifilm-nikon-ff-mirrorless-full-frame-trend/

Edited on Sep 18, 2017 at 04:10 PM · View previous versions

Sep 18, 2017 at 04:08 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Whatevers. ;-)

Sep 18, 2017 at 04:09 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

I'll bet there are millions more "non-professionals" buying cameras than "professionals." Their loss.

Sep 18, 2017 at 05:48 PM
Jannik Peters
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

I think the X-T2 is maybe more useful than the A7II that I usually own. One thing is really stopping my enthusiasm.. The camera froze 5 times in 2 days, only the removal of the battery helped. Stuff like that is a real showstopper, if it happens to more people than me. Apart from that, I find the handling and convenience very professional and could imagine to use it for jobs.

Sep 18, 2017 at 06:23 PM
taemo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Jannik Peters wrote:
I think the X-T2 is maybe more useful than the A7II that I usually own. One thing is really stopping my enthusiasm.. The camera froze 5 times in 2 days, only the removal of the battery helped. Stuff like that is a real showstopper, if it happens to more people than me. Apart from that, I find the handling and convenience very professional and could imagine to use it for jobs.

I love the RF body style more but have to say that the X-T2 was almost the perfect camera for me.
Nice EVF, tilting-screen, dedicated shutter and ISO dial.
Never had any freezing issues TBH and I used mine in the rain, snow, heat and salt water splash.

Sep 18, 2017 at 06:30 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

A couple of weekends ago I attended the lovely wedding of the daughter of a friend. It was held just outside Atlanta. The husband/wife photography team were shooting with Canon 5D3's. I had brought along the XE2s that I had rented to test, but left it in the car to use later if the mood struck me and I felt I wouldn't interfere with the pros.

We had arrived a little early and I struck up a conversation with them when they took a break from photographing the reception area. I mentioned the Fuji and they were very interested and asked if they could look at it later. They said they had several colleagues that were transitioning from their Nikon and Canon gear to Fuji setups. They said their friends were happy with the change.

I don't know if the Nikon employee in the story was voicing a personal opinion or repeating a party line, but the fact he called out Fuji makes me wonder if they are noticing a trend they consider troubling. If he really felt that way, he wouldn't have even mentioned it.

It may be related to this statement by Nikon:
“Despite the continuous boom in sales of FPD Lithography Systems […], consolidated operating income as a whole is expected to fall below the previous forecast, impacted by the sluggish and shrinking markets of digital cameras in the Imaging Products Business […]”

Sep 18, 2017 at 06:38 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Keep in mind this was a translation from Japanese and not a direct word for word quote, and we also don't know the exact context it was meant in.

I would say as a whole, more "professional" photographers are still working with DSLRs, though obviously paid work has and is being created with mirrorless as well

If we picked ten wedding photogs at random, ten newspaper staffers, ten sports shooters et al, and polled their gear, I'd expect far more Canikon than Sony, Olympus, Fuji etc

Maybe in 5-10 years that could totally change but given my newspaper was still using 8-10 year old Canon gear in the photo gear pool, it's unlikely to expect a huge adaption of mirrorless

Regardless though, who really cares what someone says ?

Use what you like and what works for you

I read that you can't use flat mountain bike style pedals on a racing road bike. I don't like clipless, so I use mountain pedals and happy enjoy riding my bike even if some "experts" say I 'can't'

Sep 18, 2017 at 06:44 PM
Bubble
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

I don't call myself a pro like other (even though i get paid to shot) but i haven't spend a dime on Nikon in the last 24 months while over 20K for Sony and Fuji in the same period. They can hang on into those hardcore/royal nikon shooter while Sony/Fuji enjoy collecting money from the so call non-pro photographer left and right.

Sep 18, 2017 at 07:28 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

I wonder if I spend a couple thousand on a custom set of Titleist golf clubs if they will come with a PGA Tour Card?

Sep 18, 2017 at 07:43 PM
Steezus
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

I think Millsart is right, the intent of the quote was lost in translation. I just can't imagine him saying something so haphazard.

Still, Nikon has already lost me to Fuji and I couldn't be more excited to shed so much weight since I have to pack my gear in on foot in the mountains or around cities when I travel.

Sep 18, 2017 at 08:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Steezus wrote:
I just can't imagine him saying something so haphazard.

Imagine harder. ;-)

(Spokespersons for virtually all camera companies occasionally get a bit to deep into marketingspeak and say such things.)

But...

...whatevers. ;-)

Sep 18, 2017 at 09:09 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

I didn't bother with the link. Probably some bullshit rant. I am professional, I use Fuji. I use Canon. Game over, man.

Sep 18, 2017 at 09:09 PM
akin_t
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Steezus wrote:
I think Millsart is right, the intent of the quote was lost in translation. I just can't imagine him saying something so haphazard.

Still, Nikon has already lost me to Fuji and I couldn't be more excited to shed so much weight since I have to pack my gear in on foot in the mountains or around cities when I travel.

Why is this so hard for people to digest? He works for Nikon ... What exactly do you expect him to say when speaking publicly about the competition?

Have none of you worked in corporate environment before? This is nothing.

Sep 18, 2017 at 09:28 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

akin_t wrote:
This is nothing.

Amen. ;-)

Sep 18, 2017 at 09:37 PM
Steezus
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

akin_t wrote:
Why is this so hard for people to digest? He works for Nikon ... What exactly do you expect him to say when speaking publicly about the competition?

Have none of you worked in corporate environment before? This is nothing.

It's hard to digest because I have lived in Japan and I am familiar with how easy it is to mistranslate the intent from Japanese to English. It is also out of character for a CEO in Japan to make a statement like that.

The way the Internet works is that you can create lots of traffic to your website by either offering great content or trolling with comments or articles like this to get people riled up. My guess is a journalist saw an opportunity to generate traffic from the troll method.

Sep 18, 2017 at 09:48 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Steezus wrote:
It's hard to digest because I have lived in Japan and I am familiar with how easy it is to mistranslate the intent from Japanese to English. It is also out of character for a CEO in Japan to make a statement like that.

The way the Internet works is that you can create lots of traffic to your website by either offering great content or trolling with comments or articles like this to get people riled up. My guess is a journalist saw an opportunity to generate traffic from the troll method.

You are probably right. But that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun with it.

Sep 18, 2017 at 10:52 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

He probably also does not believe that some Professional Photographers use film or Large Format cameras.

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:04 AM
fishjump
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

He's probably still pissed, that Fuji wouldn't step in and save Nikon.

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:12 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Considering the difficulty I had in trying to find a Nikon pro to sponsor me for NPS membership, I don't think there are many professionals using Nikon any more, either...

Sep 22, 2017 at 03:28 AM
hauxon
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF

Most people who have a large collection of quality lenses won't even consider switching systems because of the hassle of selling it. That includes most working professionals. So he's in a way right. It will take many years before Fuji becomes one of the big players for pros. But it is happening (slowly).

Kind of the same with me and the GFX. I have so many (great) XF lenses.

Sep 22, 2017 at 08:26 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password