Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls
  
 
danski0224
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


You have pet owls too?

Nice



Sep 18, 2017 at 09:40 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


danski0224 wrote:
You have pet owls too?

Nice


Oh yeah, and pet falcons too.


Edited on Sep 21, 2017 at 03:50 AM · View previous versions



Sep 18, 2017 at 10:51 PM
terriwh
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


It's a killer - Outstanding work!


Sep 18, 2017 at 11:46 PM
kmunroe
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


very nice indeed Peter


Sep 19, 2017 at 07:20 AM
Dave_E
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


Owls maybe easy for you Peter. Great shots . Dave and I went out a few weeks ago so Dave could try your old 200-400 it was great. just not a s great as your stuff.

Dave E



Sep 19, 2017 at 06:40 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


Dave_E wrote:
Owls maybe easy for you Peter. Great shots . Dave and I went out a few weeks ago so Dave could try your old 200-400 it was great. just not a s great as your stuff.

Dave E


Thank you Dave, it's good to hear from you again. I am sure you and Dave have got some good shots too. Once I tried using the 200-400 on those raptors, and after the 3 hour in-flight shooting session my left arm was aching real bad.



Sep 19, 2017 at 07:01 PM
Ted ellis
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


Nice IF.



Sep 19, 2017 at 07:05 PM
canon.eos30d
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


You are killing me, Peter. Wonderful images.
- Love their intense look
- Great detail
- 3D popping. Seem like your owls would jump out of my screen
- Great background.
- You have all of my favorite owls.



-Tam



Sep 19, 2017 at 09:14 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



mudlake
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


Amazing.


Sep 19, 2017 at 09:29 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


canon.eos30d wrote:
You are killing me, Peter. Wonderful images.
- Love their intense look
- Great detail
- 3D popping. Seem like your owls would jump out of my screen
- Great background.
- You have all of my favorite owls.



-Tam


Tam, we gotta have you come over here some day, perhaps when I finally prevail on CRC to start lure-flying their Peregrines. They have been hesitating with that, and one reason given to me was the difficulty of photographing the falcon as it attacks the lure.
I told them not to worry about that, there are all kinds of bird photographers who'd like to give that sorta challenge a try.

Besides, even if the Peregrine session number turns out to be too difficult for some, CRC have got other raptors which are easy to shoot in flight such as their BEs.


Edited on Sep 21, 2017 at 03:50 AM · View previous versions



Sep 19, 2017 at 11:36 PM
canon.eos30d
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


PetKal wrote:
Tam, we gotta have you come over here some day, perhaps when I finally prevail on CRC to start lure-flying their Peregrines. They have been hesitating with that, and one reason given to me was the difficulty of photographing the falcon as it attacks the lure.
I told them not to worry about that, there are all kinds of bird photographers who'd like to give that sorta challenge a try.

Besides, even if the Peregrine session number turns out to be too difficult for some, CRC have got other raptors which are easy to shoot in flight such as their BEs.


Oh, my god. this BE is just like "if the look can kill". I love it.
I am saving up for 1DX II now. Hopefully I can make a trip to see you in the near future, Peter.

-Tam



Sep 20, 2017 at 01:06 AM
wonderer
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


That looks like a lot of fun! I'm late to the party but I can see why it would be hard to let go of that lens! These are stunning portraits, knife-sharp just where they need to be!

Great portraits of these majestic raptors, Peter!

Thanks for posting.

--Kim



Sep 20, 2017 at 01:49 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


This is a beautiful set Peter.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on both the lens and body? The first method and most recommended is to use a clean pencil eraser and then a blower to remove the rubber flakes. If that dose not work, you can use a contact cleaner such as tuner cleaner or WD-40. Do not shoot directly onto the contacts. Spray onto a cotton swab and then use that to clean the contacts. Both methods have worked for me with the second my preference.

Morris




Sep 20, 2017 at 01:01 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


morris wrote:
This is a beautiful set Peter.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on both the lens and body? The first method and most recommended is to use a clean pencil eraser and then a blower to remove the rubber flakes. If that dose not work, you can use a contact cleaner such as tuner cleaner or WD-40. Do not shoot directly onto the contacts. Spray onto a cotton swab and then use that to clean the contacts. Both methods have worked for me with the second my preference.

Morris



Thank you Morris, I have cleaned the contacts on my 200 f/1.8 the way you suggest. It is only after I rubbed them with alcohol that the lens came back to life. Now, I am just keeping an eye on it.



Sep 20, 2017 at 02:00 PM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon 200mm f/2, 200 f/1.8 and owls


Great!


Sep 20, 2017 at 02:30 PM
1      
2
       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password