FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Nichols with a Nichols

ejos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nichols with a Nichols

While not really a "nature" entry, this seems relevant and hopefully a bit interesting to this board...

I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Jane Goodall give a talk at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and an extra bonus was Nick Nichols introducing her. He has an exhibition at the gallery and has worked with Dr. Goodall for many years. After his intro, he casually grabbed his camera and walked around taking pictures of the event, and of the crowds surrounding his enormous sequoia prints in the main hall. When he came by where I was standing, I said hello and thanked him for his work. He seemed genuinely thankful for the comment, and oddly, no one seemed to recognize him even though he was just on the podium. As he made his way around, I saw him standing next to one of the giant prints and snapped this picture (he's the one on the second level right next to the print, in front of the security guard).

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-KxRqwLm/0/878d3f63/L/i-KxRqwLm-L.jpg

Later on, I ran into him again and spoke with him for a bit. I asked how he captured those images, and he was happy to share. Very interesting and nice man, and obviously, an incredible photographer.

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:59 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nichols with a Nichols

Thanx for this post ~ Ron

Sep 17, 2017 at 02:37 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.