Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Would an X-T1 be an improvement over an X-Pro1?

GiovanniAprea
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Would an X-T1 be an improvement over an X-Pro1?

Long story short,

fell in love for Fuji colors at the S5Pro time (got two of those and still have one!), thought the X-Trans could replicate that but no way, got an X-Pro1 fascinated by the retro look and tough built along with the optical viewfinder but found out it to be too slow to focus for what I like the most it being candid portraiture and as such being relegated into a shelf along with the 18-55 (nice lens but a little meh), the 14/2.8 (great lens but for landscape/seascape I'd like to sell it and to get a wide angle for my Nikon FF setup as to take advantage of the increased MP and dynamic range count) and the 35/1.4 which would be my ideal one lens kit if it wasn't for the total slowness of the whole system.

Would I get an X-T1 (I know, the X-T2 or the X-Pro2 but I don't want to invest in the Fuji system any longer, would rather sell the X-Pro to monetize and, should I keep, just the camera with either the 18-55 or the 35) along with the 35 can I expect a faster focus lock-on besides any other improvements?

Grazie

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM
you2
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Would an X-T1 be an improvement over an X-Pro1?

IMHO the x-e1 and x-pro 1 are horrible camera to use and I would have avoided the fuji system had the xe-2, x-t1 and x-t10 not come along. Specifically the image quality is the same but I found the focus and evf in the x-pro 1 quite miserable. I simply did not enjoy looking through the view finder (I realize it is a range finder and to a degree you can avoid the evf but there were many situation would a decent evf helps - i'm talking more about the lag/refresh rate than the static image and resolution). The x-t1 has the same image quality more or less - maybe some slight refinement - as the pro1 but the evf is fantastic and the focus is quite decent - though nothing a sports photographer would praise. My only complaint is the x-t1 size (btw if you can find one they are heavily discounted as they were discontinued recently).
-
having said the above many people really like the x-pro1 so it is a matter of perspective and desire.
-
I currently have a x-t10 and my taste leans towards the smaller bodies of the x-e3 and x-t20; though I do prefer the x-t1/x-t2 view finder but i'm will to take a step down for hte smaller body.
-
btw these cameras (even the x-t2) are not going to give the tracking and performance a high end slr but they are overkill for myself so it depends upon needs. The em-1 mark 2 is probably has the best autofocus of the mirror less bodies.

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:50 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password