Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3              9       10       end

Archive 2017 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

hanumanbob wrote:
Sony is so far ahead on technology...

Not really. Each system has its strengths.

Sep 18, 2017 at 08:23 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

Pavel wrote:
It's true that no modern pro uses any of those. They use iPhones. I think you guys may all be behind the times in the new more inclusive concept of Pro. I suspect that some of you made this error because you are past the age of twenty and haven't been relevant to whaz happpnin for a while.

I read the Petal pixel piece. Their low quality English comprehension and high energy leaps to conclusions are only outmatched by their appetite for clickbait out of a tempest in a teapot bit of detail. Are they owned by CNN?

In the genres I work in, the pros (photographers working for paying clients), young and old, overwhelmingly shoot DLSRs.

I'm not discounting the abilities of smartphones. In fact, the smartphone camera tech released in the past year and that we'll continue to see refined (multi-camera blended images with bokeh effects, etc.), will get to the point where it will successfully compete with most interchangeable lens, large sensor imagery. Maybe then you'll start to see pros shooting weddings with these instead of 'real' cameras.

At that point, will it matter who has the best mirrorless implementation, most comprehensive lens selection, etc.?

Pros will use whatever tools produce the required results and each person will have biases around equipment preferences. But there seems to be conservative adoption of new technology. After all, why change just for the sake of the tech if the end results are essentially the same. If the old stuff still works and that's what you have and it's paid off, is it worth switching?

Tech for the sake of tech is very much the realm of forums and predominantly amateurs. Yes, many amateurs produce amazing 'pro' level work with this new gear. But they also have the luxury of answering only to themselves and adapting to the quirks of the gear when it doesn't work quite as intentioned.

Speaking for myself, sensor tech is not at the top of the list. It's welcome, but AF, responsiveness, ergonomics, durability/reliability and service support place higher. The sensor only needs to be competitive. And here, my definition of competitive will likely not match that of others. But that's based on what works best for me now. Maybe in a year or two, it'll be a mirrorless system that truly outclasses all DSLRs and in 10 years it might be some kind of multi sensor/lens piece of hardware from which an infinite range of lens characteristics and 'looks' can be emulated in post.

The forums seem to be echo chambers with a degree of self-reinforced perceptions. I could also say the same thing about sports photographers if that was all I did and the only photo crowd I hung out with. That reality is currently quite the contrast from the many here on Alt who have gone mirrorless. Is one right and the other wrong? No, they're each right...

So who cares if pros don't shoot mirrorless (whether fact or fiction). Does that impede our ability to create the kinds of images we desire with the tools we prefer to use?

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:22 AM
Alexluu627
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

Paul Mo wrote:
But is it?

Yes.

Sep 19, 2017 at 01:39 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

rscheffler wrote:
In the genres I work in, the pros (photographers working for paying clients), young and old, overwhelmingly shoot DLSRs.

I'm not discounting the abilities of smartphones. In fact, the smartphone camera tech released in the past year and that we'll continue to see refined (multi-camera blended images with bokeh effects, etc.), will get to the point where it will successfully compete with most interchangeable lens, large sensor imagery. Maybe then you'll start to see pros shooting weddings with these instead of 'real' cameras.

At that point, will it matter who has the best mirrorless implementation, most comprehensive lens selection, etc.?

Pros will
...Show more

I can't agree with you more

I am very curious how many alt members have been shooting latest DSLR like 5DIV, D810, D5 or 1DXII before give all that up enter Sony or Fuji? The handling, responsive is in a different level.

As much as I appreciate A7RII can offer me lots of thing such as size, weight and 42M IQ with good low light and I like its color as well. However, fundamentally, it is not much of different shooting experience compare to A7R IMHO.

It is always in the way during shooting that no matter AF or MF. I either have to watch aliasing or peaking or hit that magnify button if I am using EVF with manual lens. If I am using AF, I have to change focusing mode constantly to take advantage of EYE AF. if it fail lock, should I switch back to which focus mode: small square or medium square or large one, wide area Auto.

AF-C is simply not there compare to modern DSLR which is most important feature for AF. shooting continually there is no way you know if subject is in focus given the lag of EVF and AF delay play together, Image review only offer 100% and it take few sec to show, scroll around, the lag will drive you crazy. Try D810. I bet 5DIV will be good as well.

All AF lens focus by wire, I hate them. You have no choice to focus at WO and shoot at shooting aperture for some zoom lens. Another bummer. Many cases, I wish it let me choose focus aperture so I can focus WO at hyper-focus point and shoot at f8 or f11 instead of focus and shoot at f8 or f11. I have no way know how camera choose DOF window, is it in front or back within DOF, I have to visually check cross frame, a PITA.

The IS is unpredictable in field, I'd rather exchange it for better DR. I know that 42M back light sensor has poorer DR than A7R because of IS implementation (BSI also have penalty for extra circuits added but D850 prove it can keep up DR even with BSI): floating sensor couldn't get thermal dissipation as good as traditional one.

Dust issue is also way more worse than any DSLR I ever used, I don't need do any clean for years with Nikon but a7R and a7rII have many dust spots with a few lens change already and in body sensor clean couldn't clean it fully.

At the time A7RII first introduced, long exposure has very poor DR (about 1 stop worse than D810) here I am talking about before 30S (doesn't even drop bit yet), after firmware 1.1 update, it start eating star.

And famous lossy compressed raw, for 14 bit file (16k resolution for Canon and Nikon, though Canon couldn't take fully advantage of it), the different value in Sony RAW is less than 2K. If not compressed, about 80M file that take 5~6 sec to write to card.

And continues shooting, or long exposure or silent shutter, drop to 12 bit, IQ degrade. It makes sense from engineer point of view as in those case, the noise may make 14 bit irrelevant but again Nikon prove you don't need do that. You better give them some respect here. (For canon, even with less DR, there is no penalty in those cases compare to regular shooting )

There might be more, I couldn't remember all the problem in field now, and I don't want cover EVF OVF debating here as I feel it might be personal. All above are quirks that either because of some 'innovation' or compromise because of size and feature introduced.

A9 should be a nice camera, but I think it could be a real home run if this one is really a A9R with 14 stop 36/42M sensor 10frame/s without all 12 bit stuff here there, offer ultimate IQ and speed, it will make a lot more impact than now. I really don't see A9 reach that kind of success based on small samplings here in alt forum.

This post has a little bit of tech/gear head involved.

I welcome different opinion and always curious for what are those (have full experience of latest DSLR and decide fully switch to Sony and feel really happy) thinking. I know the size and EVF for some, what else?

Sep 19, 2017 at 03:17 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

zhangyue wrote:

I am very curious how many alt members have been shooting latest DSLR like 5DIV, D810, D5 or 1DXII before give all that up enter Sony or Fuji? The handling, responsive is in a different level.

As much as I appreciate A7RII can offer me lots of thing such as size, weight and 42M IQ with good low light and I like its color as well. However, fundamentally, it is not much of different shooting experience compare to A7R IMHO.

It is always in the way during shooting that no matter AF or MF.
...Show more

Well said - you make some good points.

Sep 19, 2017 at 03:23 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

rscheffler wrote:
Speaking for myself, sensor tech is not at the top of the list. It's welcome, but AF, responsiveness, ergonomics, durability/reliability and service support place higher. The sensor only needs to be competitive. And here, my definition of competitive will likely not match that of others. But that's based on what works best for me now. Maybe in a year or two, it'll be a mirrorless system that truly outclasses all DSLRs and in 10 years it might be some kind of multi sensor/lens piece of hardware from which an infinite range of lens characteristics and 'looks' can be emulated in
...Show more

Hmmm, this sounds sort of like plenty of excuses stated currently in the Canon forum. This is not what I experience: Both amateurs and professionals in my circle of friends moved in recent years to better sensor-related cameras from Nikon and Sony for upgrades. The majority still uses DSLRs, but the amount of mirrorless cameras is continuously growing among them. Many retirees who enjoy travelling bought into the Sony system and love it - so do some younger ones who like it for performance and size. One is using a mirrorless Sony system for wedding and event photography on a professional basis, the other one uses a Sony A7S II for video professionally. Interestingly enough and in opposite from the general tenor in the forums, none of them complained about ergonomics of any kind of mirrorless camera nor did I hear about battery drainage issues which every of often are brought up here. But sensor performance - yes, this is well discussed. On the other hand, I never heard anybody expressing how superior the AF system of any kind of camera is - this is taken as sort of standard these days, all cameras are very good in this aspect in combination with native lenses. The little differences in AF - pointed out as "innovation" in another current thread - nobody really cares about since they are so small.

Sep 19, 2017 at 06:33 AM
bjornthun
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

freaklikeme wrote:
My favorite part is how every Sony camera before the a9 was a failure.

I told my rII it's a failure, but it didn't seem to care.

My A7 II didn't care either.

Sep 19, 2017 at 06:48 AM
bjornthun
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

Paul Mo wrote:
But is it?

Mirrorless is at 35-40% of the ILC market now, six months trailing average. Guess where it will be when Nikon gets serious about mirrorless.

Sep 19, 2017 at 06:51 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

I wonder how important is the professional sector to camera manufacturers. I would think the consumer market is much larger and where the money is. Anyway as mentioned above, photography as a profession is slowly dying, and the camera will eventually be replaced by the smart phone for most purposes.

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:06 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

zhangyue wrote:
I welcome different opinion and always curious for what are those (have full experience of latest DSLR and decide fully switch to Sony and feel really happy) thinking. I know the size and EVF for some, what else?

In short: a switch to mirrorless I never regretted. This said, I also have to express that - as many might know already - I am not into any kind of wedding/studio/event/commercial photography where AF is a must to have. I am into fine arts in a wider range here including landscape, street/urban photography, micro/macro photography, B&W in general, still life etc. What made me move from my 5D MkII to the A7R which I still use were three main points: 1. Sensor performance (Canon didn't have anything close to it in 2014), 2. Adaptability of third party manual focus lenses, 3. Smaller and lighter camera especially for backpacking/travel.
EVF was a given, but I never really worried about it too much compared to my DSLR viewfinder. I prefer the EVF a bit more since it gives me a better "direct" view what the sensor sees which the DSLR only does with LiveView. In low light photography the EVF suffers a bit from delays, but I don't care since I don't do night or astro shooting either.

I am currently a hybrid user photographing with mirrorless, DSLR, and rangefinder cameras in parallel using several brands. The use of my DSLR has become more limited in two niches: for my IR photography with a converted 5D MkII body (my L lenses are superb here in infrared) and for flash photography with two speedlite flashes with my regular 5D MkII. Very rarely I do bird or wildlife photography where AF is required - most of my photography I handle with manual focusing.

Rangefinder cameras are limited currently in my photography to film - I shoot film about as much as I do digital. I believe rangefinder focusing and viewfinder is the best to use for manual focus lenses. I am much faster by doing so than handling focus peaking or magnification on my A7R with the same adapted M-lenses. Well, and for some specific landscape shooting with film I go back to a 4x5" field camera - but this is more special gear and outside of what we are discussing and comparing here.

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:11 AM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

retrofocus wrote:
Hmmm, this sounds sort of like plenty of excuses stated currently in the Canon forum.

Do you really have to belittle other peoples needs, preferences and experience as "excuses" ?

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:44 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

alundeb wrote:
Do you really have to belittle other peoples needs, preferences and experience as "excuses" ?

That's what they are for Canon fanboys - excuses.

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:00 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

edwardkaraa wrote:
I wonder how important is the professional sector to camera manufacturers. I would think the consumer market is much larger and where the money is. Anyway as mentioned above, photography as a profession is slowly dying, and the camera will eventually be replaced by the smart phone for most purposes.

Good points, but I am not so sure about the dying of photography as profession. Photography as profession will become less profitable for sure for each pro since so many others entered this area with the rise of digital photography. I can see some splits in niche areas - as you said by far the largest is cellphone camera usage in general, but I don't know even one cellphone camera shooter which uses this tool professionally. Developing specialized niches for professional shooters are for example video-photography related, then I see a small "renaissance" development - slow but steadily growing since a few years - in analog techniques including film. Even the area of wedding and sports photography gets mixed with a lot of amateur photographers these days, I believe this will continue to be professional photo niches, too. I just named a few.

Nevertheless, I also believe that we won't see this rapid growth in digital photography compared to > 10 years ago. The market is saturated, and consumers (and professionals!) will think twice to vest about $3K for a brand new digital camera with all kind of bells and whistles.

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:22 AM
Wilbus
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

Well this thread got wings real fast

I merely reacted to the part "no pros use" which really should have been "fewer pros use" in reality. Far more pros use Nikon and Canon. But there are lots of pros using Sony, Olympus and Fujifilm as well and the list is growing. Yes, purists will say only 36x24mm sensors or larger will serve pros but it's a big lie.

Image quality, even from smaller sensors, today, easily match and exceed the image quality a few years ago. I have a print on my wall, 100x70cm (40x28 inches, give or take a few) made with a Nikon D80 from 2006. It looks amazing, yes, looking closely one can see some pixels but that's looking closely. Far closer then anyone should look at a print that size. And you know what, at the time, the Nikon D80 really had a sensor with lower quality then many competitors. We've easily reached a line where the sensor quality far exceeds most peoples needs, including most pros.

The simple fact is far more pros, and users over all, still use DSLR, for several reasons. It's not because DSRL's are better or mirrorless systems are worse. The reasons are many. For one thing many stores, at least in Sweden, keep pushing DSLR's even though the customer might be better served by a special mirrorless body. Lack of knowledge is probably a factor, the fear of new things may very well be another one.

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:35 AM
Wilbus
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

zhangyue wrote:

It is always in the way during shooting that no matter AF or MF.
...Show more

You make some very good points, but don't forget you are basing these points purely on Sony. Several of these points don't exist with Olympus or Fuji for example. There is a clear difference between a camera company (Olympus, Fuji, Nikon, Canon etc) and a tech company like Sony. Sony knows their tech but they suck at implementing it in a way that is both ergonomic and well thought through.

I used Sony FF for some time too, while the sensor was great, the camera was not. I bought it and had to clean the sensor right away, it was full of dust. I haven't cleaned the sensor of my m43 cameras a single time for 5 years and I don't have a single speck of dust or dirt on them. Super sonic wave filtering (in camera sensor cleaning) works miracles and is something that other systems, mirrorless or not, could really use.

AF has come a long way, the A9 is according to most tests, up there with the high end DSLRs. Then again, the freaking thing indicates overheating (solved in firmware). But this all feels pretty much "Sony". Let's release something with all the bells and whistles but pay little attention how something is to work with.

All the bad points you bring up are pretty much valid to Sony and very little to the other mirrorless bodies, although those have their pros and cons as well. I for one wish Olympus could make their RAW files 14-bit. Not sure if it's possible but the smaller sensor needs every bit of help it can get even though it already produces superb results.

But here's the thing. My Olympus cameras are fun to shoot with, they work great, they haven't failed me once, even while thunderstorms have tried to drown me. I had the confidence in Nikon while I shot Nikon and I am sure I would with Canon. The Nikons were also fun to shoot with, they inspired confidence and felt good, they worked with me, not against me. As does Olympus. And yes, I use my camera for freelance even though I am not supporting my entire living on photography. I still need my gear to work and produce good results and m43 is more then good enough for that.

One needs to think in terms more then just "Sony vs CaNikon".

But yes, I have high hopes for Nikon and a (hopefully) upcoming FF mirrorless. Hopefully they can get it right.

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:47 AM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

retrofocus wrote:
That's what they are for Canon fanboys - excuses.

Yes, that makes sense. Fanboys will use anything they come over as excuses. When they use other people's needs, preferences and experience as excuses that is up to them. But you really drag this discussion down when you refer to that.

Go to any buying guide for cameras, and you will see that handling, performance and sensor size are top priorities, but almost never sensor performance among cameras with the same sensor size. Nobody I know about outside camera tech insiders ever ask about relative sensor performance. But they really care about what they see in the viewfinder, and if they can see the rear LCD in sunlight, and if the AF is snappy. And AF performance is still an order of magnitude more different between concurrent cameras than sensor performance. There is a very specialized difference between some models of some manufacturers when it comes to dynamic range at low ISO, but even here there is no longer a significant unilateral brand dependency or camera type dependency.

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:52 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

rscheffler wrote:
So who cares if pros don't shoot mirrorless (whether fact or fiction). Does that impede our ability to create the kinds of images we desire with the tools we prefer to use?

Yup.

Sep 19, 2017 at 09:21 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

rscheffler wrote:

Pros will
...Show more

That was post meant to dig at the young and some of their attitudes. Not to be taken seriously - sorry I missed the mark.

It's been driving me crazy what is considered pro, since digital. It used to be a pro was someone who worked in the field full time and derived his income 100% from photography (well, and for many of the early years - the wife ) and the implicit implication was that it was a life time avocation. Now? Slowly it's the guy who shoots wedding six times a year and who hung his shingle three months ago.

I guess my idea of who is a pro is someone full time, who doesn't need to ask the rental store how to mount the flash and turn it on, and doesn't ask "which lens should I buy" at the forums. My line in the sand of respect is the same as in any other business - have you been turning a profit for five years. Yes? Then your a "Pro" - may God have mercy on you.

I think the modern ideas of things drag the whole industry down to fly-by-nigh turkeys you can't be sure to count on.

But ... (and even the above is kind of said tongue-in-cheek) what I've noticed lately via my 17 year old daughter's generation is that our ideas about this are considered dinosaur age. While we two percent of the photo using public postulate about this and that "pro" equipment - it really is that the up and coming generation consider much of our ideas as irrelevant, and the cheese has been moved to new depths. Now, yes, someone with an iPhone CAN be considered "pro". Whether they do it twice a year seems to be an old concept. I guess the word "inclusive" has taken center stage. I shake my head - but whats that got to do with it.

I'm starting to wonder if "pro" is not a conceit, rather than a working shooters title. And if you get distressed that someone looks down on your choice of equipment - perhaps you should examine why that matters to you?

I can see why a "Pro" carpenter might think you aren't seriously serious about the career if you bring a two ounce silver plated claw-ette hammer with a top of the line Ostrich leather, shock absorbing wrap, to the work-site, but if thats what you really want to do while basking in the glow or working with the big boys - rock on - but don't then get so sensitive, is all.

(and the above too, just like my first post needs to be taken with a humor pill and not too seriously. It describes a few here and elsewhere that takes things too seriously (me too often) and I was going to say "you know who you are", but No, no, you normally don't.

It's photography. Only photography, not Cancer research. Put on a 21mm lens back up and see the big picture. The one that's always changing. Fred needs a "I'm only blowing hot air" emoticon. It would quickly be my favorite.

Sep 19, 2017 at 09:58 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

I am a full time pro and I shoot commercial/advertising (no weddings or family portraits) 80% healthcare related though I also have several fortune 500 companies as clients as well as a couple of universities. I shoot entirely Leica digital M. I currently have Leica MM (original), Leica M-E, Leica m262 and Leica M 10. I mostly see Nikon and Canon with other pros but I have seen some Fuji and Sony and I have pro friends that shoot both as well as DSLRs.

I was Canon and sold it all a couple of years back and went all Leica M. No regrets at all. Well, maybe one, that i didn't make the switch earlier. Leica M is a perfect match for the way I see and work. I know this sounds so cliche but it just gets out of my way and lets me create. I am actually thinking of selling the MM and M-E and keeping the M 262, M 10 and picking up another M 10.

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:02 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Apparently no pros use Sony, Fujifilm or Olympus (according to Nikon)

edwardkaraa wrote:

This is very true. I am a niche picky customer and It is not the first time I see the things stuff I like die. Who knows?
---------------------------------------------

retrofocus wrote:
In short: a switch to mirrorless I never regretted. This said, I also have to express that - as many might know already - I am not into any kind of wedding/studio/event/commercial photography where AF is a must to have. I am into fine arts in a wider range here including landscape, street/urban photography, micro/macro photography, B&W in general, still life etc. What made me move from my 5D MkII to the A7R which I still use were three main points: 1. Sensor performance (Canon didn't have anything close to it in 2014), 2. Adaptability of third party manual focus
...Show more

Sensor performance is no longer an issue with 5dIV, after ISO400, it head to head with Nikon and Sony if not better. At base ISO, it might be 2/3 or 1 stop worse, but I don't consider that is limit anymore and I can predict 5DSRII will be great with 5DIV tech. If sensor is only limitation you were with Canon, it looks like no longer an issue.

That is why I was asking if people here have latest DSLR experience?

Size and adaptability are no question goes to Sony, and here rise another point, For big lens, if adapting is my priority I will use Canon.(for more choice) or Nikon (for myself. I still do that) Use OTUS with A7RII is very uncomfortable combination for me. small lens like M, you get penalty because of thick CFA cover.

And you don't use AF much, I don't either, however with Sony AF lens, it leave me no choice. With Nikon AF lens, I have to use it as subject distance increase and I need results fast. It is not about AF but total package and whole user experience of the system make the deal.

For you, the sony package meet your requirement but not mine. If I am focused on Landscape and travel only, I might just choose it, but my post is really give a perspective from different angle to look at it. is it like people here claim: Sony is innovating and Canikon is dying.
---------------------------------------------

Wilbus wrote:
You make some very good points, but don't forget you are basing these points purely on Sony. Several of these points don't exist with Olympus or Fuji for example. There is a clear difference between a camera company (Olympus, Fuji, Nikon, Canon etc) and a tech company like Sony. Sony knows their tech but they suck at implementing it in a way that is both ergonomic and well thought through.

I used Sony FF for some time too, while the sensor was great, the camera was not. I bought it and had to clean the sensor right away, it was
...Show more

I have used Fuji (more) and Olympus (briefly). I bought XE2 (after research) for my father which he likes and help my colleague setup Olympus EM5. If you ask me, there is no way I can compare these two with D810, but I will holding my comments as I don't have experience with XT2 or EM1 or extensive experience with both system etc... I only talk what I know and I won't even talk it if I haven't put it in heavy use.

One thing make Olympus and Fuji out is APS-C, I won't deny my bias for shallow DOF stuff and seek highest performance I can. As one really care about this stuff, I prefer FF. Once I am getting older and wiser, I might no longer care this tech stuff as it really doesn't prevent me get good pictures with any system now.

I could care less about which others prefer but some trolling post make me made that post in mid night.

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:12 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.