New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Fuji x20

Coltrayne
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji x20

Hello everybody... Just picked up an x20 for shooting bands where I can't get a dslr in. Was curious what the highest ISO you guys are comfortable using with this guy. And is there a drip or anything to make it easier to hold? Thank you

Sep 16, 2017 at 03:57 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji x20

Maybe ISO800 if your doing B&W, those 2/3" sensors had quite bad smearing of details at higher ISO

I probably would of gone with the larger 1" sensor cameras for better high ISO performance, along with a bit of a faster lens. Something like a Sony RX100, or Canon G5/9, Panasonic LX100 etc.

X20 is a fun enough little camera if the price is right, but the AF is poor, and the OVF doesn't really prove too useful.

Lensmate does make a custom thumb grip though that really helps the handling. Well worth the cost

Sep 16, 2017 at 04:01 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji x20

it is limited and not meant for fast moving objects and really would not be a good option for shooting bands in low light. but under the right circumstances it will perform. both shot handheld.
from Brian Eno's 77 million paintings art installation in NYC awhile back

Jul 01, 2018 at 11:32 PM
Karel Geertsem
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji x20

1" sensors are disappointing, like the one in my Sony RX100iii. Biggest problem is it flares like crazy, way too contrasty but too low DR, ISO>800....ugh better not. Every now and then I use it - but I always regret not bringing a slightly larger camera like my X-T20, but that might nog get you into the venue.

Jul 04, 2018 at 05:44 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji x20

I don't think so. I guess the one in my RX100v works better then the one on your III. maybe the results vary so widely due to the user?

perspectives are funny things aren't they

Jul 04, 2018 at 06:53 AM
Karel Geertsem
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji x20

sjms wrote:
I don't think so. I guess the one in my RX100v works better then the one on your III. maybe the results vary so widely due to the user?

perspectives are funny things aren't they

...something....something...ad hominem?
If it works for you, that is fine. No need for insults as it seems?

Jul 04, 2018 at 02:13 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji x20

Did I insult you? if so it was not meant. but it is a fact that there is a larger variance in users then in equipment. most limitations in use are predetermined and set by the user.

you did make some bold statements there with no relevant examples to demonstrate the issues you were referring to. that makes it a little challenging to understand, especially with the results i'm getting.

no it is not a D850 but it sure fills in the gaps at the right moment

Jul 04, 2018 at 02:21 PM
Karel Geertsem
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji x20

OP: the new XF10 looks like the right tool - unless you need a zoom/longer focal lenght.

(sjms: yup, the images above look just like what an RX100<something> can do; definitely better than a smartphone in low light but still very much the dreaded "digital" look. Therefore, what you show here is exactly why I always regret using it instead of at least an APS-C. But the camera you have with you is always better - and so on).

Jul 19, 2018 at 04:34 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji x20

talk is cheap now isn't it?

Jul 19, 2018 at 06:54 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.