New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Lens for A7R II

Chuck Coyne
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Lens for A7R II

I second Fred's recommendation of the Batis 85 f/1.8. It is a great compromise for the size and weight with very good AF including Eye AF (only wish it had a focus hold button to map). I've replaced it in my landscape kit with the VC 65 f/2 but I use the Batis for general photography, Travel, portraiture, etc..

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM
gocolts
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Lens for A7R II

In order to cover your focal length range of 50-200, while staying within a budget of $1,200, you might want to consider a 2 lens combo (both can be found used on these B&S boards easily) of the FE 70-200 f/4, and the FE 50mm 1.8. That way you cover your focal length range, yet also have a small & light lens for low-light. You could get both for $1,200 easily.

If looking for a single lens, the suggestions of the 55 1.8 and Batis 85 are excellent. I have both and wouldn't part with either of them at this point.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Mirror
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Lens for A7R II

I would also vote for the 50mm 1.4 Planar, a magical lens. The little 55mm is sharp, but that's it more or less. For my taste it renders too clinical. The Planar has a huge amount of Zeiss Pop, also it's slightly below 50mm (approx. 47mm) which is great. Optional the 85mm G-Master!

Sep 18, 2017 at 03:13 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Lens for A7R II

Mirror wrote:
I would also vote for the 50mm 1.4 Planar, a magical lens. The little 55mm is sharp, but that's it more or less. For my taste it renders too clinical. The Planar has a huge amount of Zeiss Pop, also it's slightly below 50mm (approx. 47mm) which is great. Optional the 85mm G-Master!

Those would be my choice as well but I believe the OP want a new lens for less than $1,200...

Sep 18, 2017 at 04:50 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password