p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Thanks for the update Larry

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Paul Hokanson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Larry,

Thanks very much for the great overview and the pictures. These perches look fantastic!!

A big thanks to Jay, MidAmerican and everyone else invovled is due!!

Paul

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:07 PM
Greg Lavaty
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

What a great story, I love reading things like this!

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:55 PM
quigsby

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Thanks Larry and to all that helped, I was bummed out after hearing about the demise of the trees. Looking forward to some great eagle shooting this winter.

Sep 18, 2017 at 02:18 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Larry, fabulous story and so glad to see the participation by the locals for the temporary perches. Does the the 'L' in L&D 14 stand for 'Larry'

You too do a wonderful job to promote this area and the Eagle viewing, nice job Larry, nice of the whole task force involved with this project and restoration! Nice to hear good news
Karl

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM
JohnKS
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Larry, thanks for the update and kudos to all involved. It truly is a wonderful story.

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

iowacllin

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Thank you Larry for the update. There is an online post about fundraising ~$700 for an eagle metal print which would be presented to the Army Corps of Engineers, Mid American Energy, and Living Lands and Waters for their contributions to eagles at LD14. Is the donation information accurate?

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:20 PM
capnsteve19
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Larry just now seeing this thread thanks for making it and all that donated the time and effort to get these new perches up.

I actually wrote a email to the Army Corps a couple days after the two tree's were torn down hoping for a solution and they wrote me this on March 17

"Hello Mr. Loop,

The information you provided has been passed along to the staff at the Mississippi River Project. They are currently evaluating possibilities for replacement of the trees and are seeking ways to partner with the community for a solution. Planting new trees is an option but the staff realizes that it is a long-term solution. In the meantime they are looking for a short-term option and would like to have the community provide input.

Thank you,

Sam Heilig"

So I did my part amongst many I'm sure to keep the photographers flocking to the Dam in the winter, I stressed in part lots and lots of money the local business's would be missing out on if we have'nt made this a winter destination to get too.

So glad to see these awesome new perches, can't wait for my trip in January. Hopefully the eagles will be fighting for those prime spots overlooking the main fishing grounds in front of us.

I was at Conowingo for the first time a few weeks ago, and they use the power towers all the time to perch, don't see why not with these wood structures, Talons would easily dig into these perches.

Cheers
Steve

Dec 09, 2017 at 12:25 AM
runakid
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Larry -two questions
1. What's the eagle count like now?
2. When is the chili lunch?

Dec 09, 2017 at 12:46 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

Best of luck to you Larry and your eagles. It would be difficult for me not to have an Eagle season.

Dec 09, 2017 at 05:35 PM
armd
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · The Plight of Lock and Dam 14

That's cool information and please pass along thanks to those involved in providing the habitat. Please post some images of the eagles on the new perches when they arrive.

Dec 09, 2017 at 06:35 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password