Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

More DO to come next year??
  
 
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · More DO to come next year??


I for one hope this is more than just another wishful thinking article to drive business to one's website....

http://www.canonrumors.com/multiple-new-diffracitve-optics-lenses-coming-from-canon-in-2018-cr2/



Sep 14, 2017 at 08:33 PM
mitesh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · More DO to come next year??





Sep 14, 2017 at 08:37 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · More DO to come next year??


mitesh wrote:


No Mitesh,,,,,it is really exciting Sell your Olympus, cancel your A9 and D850 orders, repurchase your 1DX's (remember that VF and being able to take sharp flight shots) and get ready for an entire lineup of DO.....just imagine the possibilities.....



Sep 14, 2017 at 08:42 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · More DO to come next year??


The only thing that has made sense in all these years of vacuous prognostication and rumour fabrication is 800 DO.
Was 600 DO feasibility (mockup ?) lens shown by Canon a couple of years ago a subterfuge aimed at confusing Nikon, Pareng Romy and Geoff, whereas in reality they had been working on 800 DO ?

All that matters little to me. The Baitmaster, previously known as The Supertelephotomaster, needs no new Canon gears. I've already got surplus lenses I have a hard time selling, since Mitesh and his American friends have killed the 800L resale market.



Sep 14, 2017 at 09:58 PM
danski0224
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · More DO to come next year??


With all of these new Canon lenses, for sale and rumored, there must be something big coming up in the camera department....


Sep 14, 2017 at 10:02 PM
ggreene
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · More DO to come next year??


I would love to see some DO lenses in a more affordable range then a $15000 600/4 DO. I would hate to think that DO tech is only feasible above $7K.




Sep 14, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Liquidstone
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · More DO to come next year??


The wait for the 600 DO is so long that I have over-saved my pesos (via a two-year instant noodles diet). If the release is delayed further, I might be able to afford a used 1Dx in addition to the 600 DO.


Sep 14, 2017 at 10:42 PM
mitesh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · More DO to come next year??


Sorry to hear of your troubles selling your 800L, Peter. Believe me, I would much rather have been able to sell mine for 50% more than what I got for it. It's one heck of a buyers' market on 800L.

PetKal wrote:
The only thing that has made sense in all these years of vacuous prognostication and rumour fabrication is 800 DO.
Was 600 DO feasibility (mockup ?) lens shown by Canon a couple of years ago a subterfuge aimed at confusing Nikon, Pareng Romy and Geoff, whereas in reality they had been working on 800 DO ?

All that matters little to me. The Baitmaster, previously known as The Supertelephotomaster, needs no new Canon gears. I've already got surplus lenses I have a hard time selling, since Mitesh and his American friends have killed the 800L resale market.




Sep 14, 2017 at 10:43 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · More DO to come next year??


mitesh wrote:
Sorry to hear of your troubles selling your 800L, Peter. Believe me, I would much rather have been able to sell mine for 50% more than what I got for it. It's one heck of a buyers' market on 800L.



Well, no matter, I am developing a change of heart about selling the 800 (and 200 f/2) anyways. It is such a good lens, albeit quite heavy, and I've enjoyed using it even though that happens once in a blue moon.


Edited on Sep 21, 2017 at 03:51 AM · View previous versions



Sep 14, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Liquidstone
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · More DO to come next year??


Love the creamy transition from in-focus to OOF, Pareng Pete.... what Av did you use on this one, and approximate shooting distance?


Sep 14, 2017 at 11:10 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · More DO to come next year??


Liquidstone wrote:
The wait for the 600 DO is so long that I have over-saved my pesos (via a two-year instant noodles diet). If the release is delayed further, I might be able to afford a used 1Dx in addition to the 600 DO.


Pare, with the money saved, why not buy stock in that instant noodle company ?

Then, the more noodles you eat, the higher theirs sales as well as your stock value becomes.

It's a nice positive feedback closed loop system.



Sep 14, 2017 at 11:14 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · More DO to come next year??


Liquidstone wrote:
Love the creamy transition from in-focus to OOF, Pareng Pete.... what Av did you use on this one, and approximate shooting distance?


Thank you Pare....I guess the distance was a bit over MFD...perhaps 25-30 ft.
M exposure mode, the lens wide open, ISO 6400, 1/800 sec (unfortunately, not fast enough for fishing strikes, but I didn't want to go over ISO 6400)



Sep 14, 2017 at 11:17 PM
pshyvers
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · More DO to come next year??


ggreene wrote:
I would love to see some DO lenses in a more affordable range then a $15000 600/4 DO. I would hate to think that DO tech is only feasible above $7K.


Well, they make more sense the longer & heavier the lens is, which means supertelephotos are the best place for DO tech. But the 70-300mm DO, whatever you think of it, sure didn't cost $7k.



Sep 14, 2017 at 11:39 PM
Liquidstone
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · More DO to come next year??


Seems a DO thread is always fast moving at FM.... could be a sign of wide interest.

(Pssst, Canon.... are you listening? You might want to move faster with the release of the 600 DO.)




Sep 14, 2017 at 11:44 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · More DO to come next year??


Liquidstone wrote:
Seems a DO thread is always fast moving at FM.... could be a sign of wide interest.

(Pssst, Canon.... are you listening? You might want to move faster with the release of the 600 DO.)



Yeah its always fast moving with you, Peter and myself commenting. But I'm not sure if us three constitutes a sign of wide interest!!

As per CR we are looking at announcement Aug '18....that tells me release in 2019. Sounds like exactly what I have predicted many times....hopefully CR isn't just reading my posts and making stories off of that



Sep 15, 2017 at 12:07 AM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · More DO to come next year??


Liquidstone wrote:
Seems a DO thread is always fast moving at FM.... could be a sign of wide interest.

(Pssst, Canon.... are you listening? You might want to move faster with the release of the 600 DO.)



Pare, you do know what will happen to the 600 II resale value if and when 600 DO hits the shelves, right ?

As far as 800 resale goes, I'll be able to do an even trade of mine for 24-70 f/2.8 II.



Sep 15, 2017 at 12:18 AM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · More DO to come next year??


arbitrage wrote:
Yeah its always fast moving with you, Peter and myself commenting. But I'm not sure if us three constitutes a sign of wide interest!!



I think Roland ("Netexpress") might be interested in 600/800 DO.



Sep 15, 2017 at 12:22 AM
mitesh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · More DO to come next year??


Yes, I imagine that Roland will be purchasing several copies of each in order to provide us with his valuable "supertelephoto copy variance" analysis, much like he did with 500 II and 600 II.

Regardless, let's stop this talk of new DO lenses, lest we get our hopes up only to be disappointed. Haven't you guys heard that Canon doesn't innovate? Seem to recall reading that in a recent thread...

I'm just going to get the D850 and 600E lens. I heard that Nikon sensors are the best and that Lenscore rates their lenses better than Canon's. I don't want to hear any arguments otherwise, because denial isn't rebuttal .

/s

PetKal wrote:
I think Roland ("Netexpress") might be interested in 600/800 DO.




Sep 15, 2017 at 12:26 AM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · More DO to come next year??


Good old Roland.....whatever little I know of molecular genetics, I owe it to his patient teaching.


Sep 15, 2017 at 12:51 AM
IndyFab
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · More DO to come next year??


arbitrage wrote:
Yeah its always fast moving with you, Peter and myself commenting. But I'm not sure if us three constitutes a sign of wide interest!!

As per CR we are looking at announcement Aug '18....that tells me release in 2019. Sounds like exactly what I have predicted many times....hopefully CR isn't just reading my posts and making stories off of that


But just think of all the fun you could have between now and then using the D850 "Do it All"



Sep 15, 2017 at 01:12 AM
1
       2       3       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password