Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

The Waiting Game
  
 
Dave Dillemuth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Waiting Game


Shortly after making camp in this basin we were whacked by the first of three successive waves of rain and lightening. As the afternoon progressed and we remained holed up in our tent for 5 hours, I was beginning to think my evening shot was going to be a washout. However shortly before sunset the clouds began to dissipate allowing beautiful warm light to bathe the scene for about 10 minutes. The lake was still a bit choppy so I utilized a 6 stop ND filter to smooth the water.

















Sep 14, 2017 at 01:58 AM
harshaj1
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Waiting Game


Wow, sweet shots. I like the first two better but having a hard time deciding between the two. Well worth the adventure.
Harsha



Sep 14, 2017 at 02:01 AM
ben egbert
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Waiting Game


Very nice set, but first for me.


Sep 14, 2017 at 02:07 AM
Fred Amico
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Waiting Game


Agree with Ben - all nice, but the first is special.


Sep 14, 2017 at 03:04 AM
Dave Dillemuth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Waiting Game


harshaj1 wrote:
Wow, sweet shots. I like the first two better but having a hard time deciding between the two. Well worth the adventure.
Harsha


Thanks, Harsha. Appreciate your comment.
---------------------------------------------

ben egbert wrote:
Very nice set, but first for me.



Thank you very much, Ben. Helps me confirm my own thinking.
---------------------------------------------

Fred Amico wrote:
Agree with Ben - all nice, but the first is special.


Thanks very much for commenting, Fred.




Sep 14, 2017 at 03:09 AM
kwilliam8
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Waiting Game


Very beautiful images! I slightly prefer the second image, but all of these are great! A pleasure to view these.
Keith W.



Sep 14, 2017 at 08:13 AM
Milan Hutera
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Waiting Game


The first two are really nice. The vertical doesn't work that well for me. Voted as a featured thread.


Sep 14, 2017 at 08:28 AM
MikeMancil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Waiting Game


Wonderful series, full of color, detail and natural beauty. I have to like the first two best as well. The portrait shot is really just as good technically but it's a personal preference of mine to see landscapes in, well, landscape. That's the way my mind sees them when there. Not saying that's right, just my view. Excellent work though... Mike


Sep 14, 2017 at 01:42 PM
keepclicking
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Waiting Game


Dave, these are really nice!first 2 images are my favorite. In this wait game u were definitely the winner. Thanks for sharing.


Sep 14, 2017 at 01:43 PM
DaleBerlin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Waiting Game


Beautiful set Dave


Sep 14, 2017 at 02:01 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



dbehrens
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Waiting Game


Sweet set and sweet light Dave!

Like the comp/foreground in #2 best. Personally I would consider cropping out half the foreground in #1 (16:9) and #3 (5x7). They are already nice and clean foregrounds (IMO nice green grass is like clear blue skies) but just too featureless in my mind.

Dave




Sep 14, 2017 at 03:50 PM
Dave Dillemuth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Waiting Game


kwilliam8 wrote:
Very beautiful images! I slightly prefer the second image, but all of these are great! A pleasure to view these.
Keith W.


Thanks, Keith. Appreciate your comments and input.
---------------------------------------------

Milan Hutera wrote:
The first two are really nice. The vertical doesn't work that well for me. Voted as a featured thread.


Thanks, Milan. Appreciate your comments and support.
---------------------------------------------

MikeMancil wrote:
Wonderful series, full of color, detail and natural beauty. I have to like the first two best as well. The portrait shot is really just as good technically but it's a personal preference of mine to see landscapes in, well, landscape. That's the way my mind sees them when there. Not saying that's right, just my view. Excellent work though... Mike


Thanks very much, Mike. I agree with your view on landscape vs portrait orientation.
---------------------------------------------

keepclicking wrote:
Dave, these are really nice!first 2 images are my favorite. In this wait game u were definitely the winner. Thanks for sharing.


Thanks, KeepClicking. Appreciate your taking time to comment.
---------------------------------------------

DaleBerlin wrote:
Beautiful set Dave


Thank you, Dale. Most appreciated.
---------------------------------------------

dbehrens wrote:
Sweet set and sweet light Dave!

Like the comp/foreground in #2 best. Personally I would consider cropping out half the foreground in #1 (16:9) and #3 (5x7). They are already nice and clean foregrounds (IMO nice green grass is like clear blue skies) but just too featureless in my mind.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Appreciate the comments and the constructive critique. Have to play with your cropping suggestions.




Sep 15, 2017 at 01:04 AM
RMC cichlids
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · The Waiting Game


This is a great set of images Dave, love the 1st one overall and the 2nd I'm digging the foreground. The long exposure on both are very well done.


Sep 15, 2017 at 01:10 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · The Waiting Game


Very pretty with the second my pick David

Morris



Sep 15, 2017 at 01:55 AM
Dave Dillemuth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · The Waiting Game


RMC cichlids wrote:
This is a great set of images Dave, love the 1st one overall and the 2nd I'm digging the foreground. The long exposure on both are very well done.



Thanks much. Appreciate your comments/thoughts on these.
---------------------------------------------

morris wrote:
Very pretty with the second my pick David

Morris


Thank you very much, Morris. Appreciate your comment.



Sep 15, 2017 at 03:01 PM
tmiller9
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · The Waiting Game


Dave
I keep coming back to this - very pleasing set to look at - well done.

Todd



Sep 15, 2017 at 04:29 PM
01Ryan10
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · The Waiting Game


Awesome! Sony sensor?


Sep 15, 2017 at 07:15 PM
Steezus
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · The Waiting Game


Wow, those are amazing shots. Where is this area located?


Sep 15, 2017 at 08:26 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · The Waiting Game


Your patience paid off nicely. Love the images!!


Sep 15, 2017 at 08:40 PM
Dave Dillemuth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · The Waiting Game


tmiller9 wrote:
Dave
I keep coming back to this - very pleasing set to look at - well done.

Todd


Thanks much, Todd. Appreciated.
---------------------------------------------

01Ryan10 wrote:
Awesome! Sony sensor?


Thanks, Ryan. 5DSR. I upgraded to this body about 12 months ago and anguished over whether to move to Sony because I primarily shoot very contrasty mountain scenes. I frequently use a .75 GND and exposure blend so dynamic range has not been an issue. On the plus side the detail and sharpness of the 5DSR files are incredible.
---------------------------------------------

Steezus wrote:
Wow, those are amazing shots. Where is this area located?


Thanks much, Steezus. Sierra Nevada backcountry.
---------------------------------------------

Kee Woo Rhee wrote:
Your patience paid off nicely. Love the images!!


Thanks, Kee. Appreciated.



Sep 16, 2017 at 12:59 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password