New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              26      
       28       end

D850 Delivery Status?

butlerkid
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.27 #1 · p.27 #1 · D850 Delivery Status?

I'm now watching Steve Perry's video review of the D850.....and it is still sitting in the box on my desk!

Edited on Nov 10, 2017 at 06:46 PM · View previous versions

Nov 08, 2017 at 10:54 PM
SF Traveler

Upload & Sell: Off
p.27 #2 · p.27 #2 · D850 Delivery Status?

Also just got mine delivered from Murphy's Camera today. I talked to Don there and was only on the wait list a short time before getting a call from him telling me they had a D850 if I still wanted one.

He did confirm that they don't know next shipment dates or quantity that they would be getting similar to other retailers and that the last two shipments to them varied significantly.

Overall, I was really happy with the service and even more so in getting my new D850!

Thanks everyone for the suggestion to try Murphy's.

Edited on Nov 10, 2017 at 02:59 PM · View previous versions

Nov 10, 2017 at 05:21 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.27 #3 · p.27 #3 · D850 Delivery Status?

Murphy's is awesome. I was also on the wait list at Camera Canada just south of Toronto. They called me today to let me know that I could get a D850 if I wanted it, but I passed given that I'd already obtained one from Murphy's. You might want to check them out - $3350 USD. Their wait list seemed manageable.

Nov 10, 2017 at 09:28 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.27 #4 · p.27 #4 · D850 Delivery Status?

SF Traveler wrote:
He did confirm that they don't know next shipment dates or quantity that they would be getting similar to other retailers and that the last two shipments to them varied significantly.

Apparently a widespread problem.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Nov 10, 2017 at 03:13 PM
Vinnie_VdB
• •
p.27 #5 · p.27 #5 · D850 Delivery Status?

Nikon Belgium did tell their clients that the worst is over in getting the D850 but (there is always a but) they could not name numbers. At the rate of camera's received in my usual shop will I get mine around Christmas (ordered it like 2 weeks ago). Fingers crossed I can get my hands on one soon

Nov 10, 2017 at 03:45 PM
nuclearjock
• •
p.27 #6 · p.27 #6 · D850 Delivery Status?

henryp wrote:

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

This has always been a problem with Nikon Henry. To say their responses to customer/dealer inquiries are vague would been an understatement. I remember trying to get info on a 600VR delivery a few years back was like trying to summon the messiah. It's not like this is a first time occurrence or solely a D850 issue. I hope Nikon delivers an entire boat load of D850's to B&H before the holidays so all your pre-orders can be cleared and you can start selling them off the shelf. Unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen

Nov 10, 2017 at 05:23 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.27 #7 · p.27 #7 · D850 Delivery Status?

Henry,

This dealer [whom I purchased from after cancelling my order with B&H] was incredibly transparent and told me their estimate, last shipment date, along with where I was in the que. The problem most have with your [BH] handling of this release isn't the factors you can't control [ie delivery shipments from Nikon] but your lack of transparency in regards to the likelihood of us receiving a D850 from you. I understand from these past pages you don't see a single issue with your handling of the release, but others have handled it differently and as a result they have garnered mine/and others heres business.

henryp wrote:

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Nov 10, 2017 at 05:46 PM
stevenas
• •
p.27 #8 · p.27 #8 · D850 Delivery Status?

I ordered mine from Roberts on 9/26, got it on 11/9. So glad I cancelled my B&H order!!
Good luck.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Artisador
• • • •
p.27 #9 · p.27 #9 · D850 Delivery Status?

I ordered my D850 from Roberts on 10/26 and it just came today, 2 weeks later.

I am sooooooo glad I canceled my order with B&H after 2-1/4 months of being kept in the dark.

And get this: The box arrived in a beautifully packed box taped with fiber reenforced paper caution tape perfectly applied, with fragile stickers, and professional labels. Inside, the Nikon D850 box was floated precisely in the middle and buoyed py packing peanuts carefully packed all around. It was a joy to unbox. Not like how “the other” place does it - throw it in a box tight to one side and wob up some paper in there and let it go.

Amazingly, John Scott, a sales manager at Roberts told me that since I placed my pre-order online and a few days ago got a message saying to call them, that in no uncertain terms, I would receive a well packed free shipping box with a brand new D850 in it, and he was 100% correct. No BS, no excuses, no marketing strategy stories, no paranoia about “the competition”, just good old fashioned, really friendly, really honest, quality service.

What a breath of fresh air, and how refreshing to be off that awful who-knows-how-long waiting list at B&H with no way of knowing how much longer the wait would be. 2-1/4 months as opposed to 2 weeks. And no more lame excuses about how their business model is more important than the customer.

I am shocked at this treatment and this turn of events at B&H. But I have done what possibly too many to count other customers have also done, and voted with my wallet. No company that puts their own greed ahead of the customers will get my business. It is in times like this that we see the true nature of these companies surface. If something is overbooked, why not share the wealth, spread the other equally important commodity around, called GOOD WILL, which goes a long way as been said, through the ages.

I got my camera, and I highly recommend Roberts. Thanks John McFadden and John Cote for the suggestion to go to Roberts. Couldn’t be more pleased.

Nov 11, 2017 at 01:43 AM
voidsherpa
• •
p.27 #10 · p.27 #10 · D850 Delivery Status?

Artisador wrote:
I got my camera, and I highly recommend Roberts.

Roberts in Indy is in my state, ironically i'm not a fan of them. Mainly because their used store is crap in crap out with item ratings being a bit higher than they should be, consistently, from my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Nov 11, 2017 at 09:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

D4765
• •
p.27 #11 · p.27 #11 · D850 Delivery Status?

voidsherpa wrote:
Roberts in Indy is in my state, ironically i'm not a fan of them. Mainly because their used store is crap in crap out with item ratings being a bit higher than they should be, consistently, from my experience. Your mileage may vary.

i purchased from Roberts eBay store and made a purchase of a floor sample Acute 1200 and a D/4 head. Great price and had it in 3 days. Also both items had a full one year warranty and were in like new condition. My D850 is on order with them now,

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:58 AM
gdsf2
• • •
p.27 #12 · p.27 #12 · D850 Delivery Status?

Artisador wrote:
I ordered my D850 from Roberts on 10/26 and it just came today, 2 weeks later.

I am sooooooo glad I canceled my order with B&H after 2-1/4 months of being kept in the dark.

And get this: The box arrived in a beautifully packed box taped with fiber reenforced paper caution tape perfectly applied, with fragile stickers, and professional labels. Inside, the Nikon D850 box was floated precisely in the middle and buoyed py packing peanuts carefully packed all around. It was a joy to unbox. Not like how “the other” place does it - throw it in a box
...Show more

Like many of us, I ordered from B&H the day of release, then cancelled my B&H order, ordered locally, and got the camera in a few weeks. And I know everyone is having fun ripping B&H a new one over thier policy on pre-ordered items. But let’s let it go now, please.

The lesson learned is this: When we see a high demand item is open for pre-orders we instinctively go to B&H, Adorama, or Amazon to place our order. So thier queue gets very long. These large retailors do get a larger allocation of these items then smaller retailors, but not enough larger allocation to clear their queue as quick as smaller retailors. So, for new, high demand items, order from smaller outlets.

Learn from this experience for next time and just move on.

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:15 PM
shayray

p.27 #13 · p.27 #13 · D850 Delivery Status?

District camera got some in today. I was on their waitlist so another one is available.

Nov 12, 2017 at 02:03 AM
butlerkid
• • •
p.27 #14 · p.27 #14 · D850 Delivery Status?

Any good news on grips starting to show up?

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:59 PM
nuclearjock
• •
p.27 #15 · p.27 #15 · D850 Delivery Status?

butlerkid wrote:
Any good news on grips starting to show up?

Mine came a couple of weeks ago, NPS.

Nov 13, 2017 at 03:10 PM
butlerkid
• • •
p.27 #16 · p.27 #16 · D850 Delivery Status?

I asked one of the smaller stores about deliveries of the D850 grip.

Their response? They had received 60 D850's.......but only 2 grips!

Wonder WHY NIkon is having trouble shipping grips. They are not that much different than grips for the D810......smaller connecting wheel, shorter screw.....

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:48 PM
rick2906
• • •
p.27 #17 · p.27 #17 · D850 Delivery Status?

I order mine last Saturday, and it will arrive tomorrow!! Can't wait!!

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Mrudo

p.27 #18 · p.27 #18 · D850 Delivery Status?

rick2906 wrote:
I order mine last Saturday, and it will arrive tomorrow!! Can't wait!!

Care to share the vendor?

Nov 15, 2017 at 02:05 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.27 #19 · p.27 #19 · D850 Delivery Status?

Mrudo wrote:
Care to share the vendor?

I read on FB that Procam in Detroit had 2 in stock as of last Sunday.

Nov 15, 2017 at 03:52 PM
stuuke
• • •
p.27 #20 · p.27 #20 · D850 Delivery Status?

butlerkid wrote:
I asked one of the smaller stores about deliveries of the D850 grip.

Their response? They had received 60 D850's.......but only 2 grips!

Wonder WHY NIkon is having trouble shipping grips. They are not that much different than grips for the D810......smaller connecting wheel, shorter screw.....

2 for 60? That's crazy.

Nov 15, 2017 at 04:59 PM
       28       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

28       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password