New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              16      
       end

D850 Delivery Status?

Blakehfreeman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.17 #1 · p.17 #1 · D850 Delivery Status?

Yes yes... everyone on here cancel their orders!!! BH is terrible!!! (One of my preorders is there and I need a shorter line in front of me! 😇 )

Oct 20, 2017 at 07:48 PM
accuseal

Upload & Sell: Off
p.17 #2 · p.17 #2 · D850 Delivery Status?

Best Buy apparently has stock. I ordered yesterday and got my tracking number today.

Oct 20, 2017 at 08:01 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.17 #3 · p.17 #3 · D850 Delivery Status?

prosumerhacks wrote:
Thanks Henry for the post. The packing standards have been steadily declining with orders placed in the last few years. Itís disheartwning to know that you could sent a package on its way without proper packing no matter how tough the unit is built. Not exactly what we are playing for, are we?

I don't understand this response. Henry said that manufacturers provide excellent protection in their default product packaging. If that is true (and in my experience, it is), why do you think an additional level of packaging is essential? To me, that's just waste - extra plastic, cardboard, styrofoam, and other non-biodegradable materials. Heck, with many new products, I would probably be OK with nothing more than a brown-paper parcel wrapping around the original package - that would preclude any risk that a smaller box packed in a much larger box would rattle around while being shipped across the country or world.

Moreover, I don't think we are "paying" for packing in most circumstances, at least not directly. B&H charges the MSRP (or sometimes less) for an item, covers the cost of standard (and in some cases expedited) shipping, and gives you the option to return the item. In fact, if you walked into the brick-and-mortar store and bought what you wanted without the shipping package, you'd pay the same, and even have to pay New York sales tax.

Oct 20, 2017 at 08:44 PM
henry albert
• • •
p.17 #4 · p.17 #4 · D850 Delivery Status?

Arka wrote:
I don't understand this response. Henry said that manufacturers provide excellent protection in their default product packaging. If that is true (and in my experience, it is), why do you think an additional level of packaging is essential? To me, that's just waste - extra plastic, cardboard, styrofoam, and other non-biodegradable materials. Heck, with many new products, I would probably be OK with nothing more than a brown-paper parcel wrapping around the original package - that would preclude any risk that a smaller box packed in a much larger box would rattle around while being shipped across the country or
...Show more

B&H is prone to putting whatever you order into a much-too-large box with much-too-little padding. That allows your order to bounce around willy nilly inside the large box, the individual items crashing into each other and the outer box. It's happened to me a few times, the last a D500.

Oct 20, 2017 at 09:29 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.17 #5 · p.17 #5 · D850 Delivery Status?

I've spent probably $10k at BH over the past ten years and never once had this issue...

henry albert wrote:
B&H is prone to putting whatever you order into a much-too-large box with much-too-little padding. That allows your order to bounce around willy nilly inside the large box, the individual items crashing into each other and the outer box. It's happened to me a few times, the last a D500.

Oct 20, 2017 at 09:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

henry albert
• • •
p.17 #6 · p.17 #6 · D850 Delivery Status?

Blakehfreeman wrote:
I've spent probably $10k at BH over the past ten years and never once had this issue...

Good for you. Your point is what?

Oct 20, 2017 at 09:38 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.17 #7 · p.17 #7 · D850 Delivery Status?

Did you actually read my comment? Pointing out I've never received something from them poorly packed. Not sure why you're being so condescending with your reply.

henry albert wrote:
Good for you. Your point is what?

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:34 PM
kdrk888
• • •
p.17 #8 · p.17 #8 · D850 Delivery Status?

I have recently bought several lenses from B&H and Adorama, same thing: the box is too big and they put only a piece of bubble wrap in it, there is plenty of space for the lens box to slide around. I really hated it. These are $2000 + lenses (each), you don't know how much the lens box could bounce around in the big box from their warehouse to UPS, and my house. It may cost them an extra 20 cents to put another piece of bubble wrap in the box.

Oct 21, 2017 at 04:03 AM
traylorc
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.17 #9 · p.17 #9 · D850 Delivery Status?

kdrk888 wrote:
I have recently bought several lenses from B&H and Adorama, same thing: the box is too big and they put only a piece of bubble wrap in it, there is plenty of space for the lens box to slide around. I really hated it. These are $2000 + lenses (each), you don't know how much the lens box could bounce around in the big box from their warehouse to UPS, and my house. It may cost them an extra 20 cents to put another piece of bubble wrap in the box.

I have had the same complaint about B&H...I have had numerous purchases packed in boxes where there insufficient packing. It is one of the reasons I only consider B&H if I cannot get the item I want from either Amazon or Adorama.

Oct 21, 2017 at 05:25 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password