New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              24      
       26       27       28       end

D850 Delivery Status?

Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.25 #1 · p.25 #1 · D850 Delivery Status?

Blakehfreeman wrote:
Murphys Camera came through! I put my name on their list about 10 days ago and should have my Camera on Wednesday!

Yup! Same here! Mine shipped today!

Nov 06, 2017 at 08:37 PM
Artisador
• • • •
p.25 #2 · p.25 #2 · D850 Delivery Status?

I have come to the end of my rope with B&H. Whether they can deliver or not, I just don't want to do business being kept in the dark. Iam just not happy with their service any more and my studio has been a customer for well over 15 years.

From receiving damaged paper that was poorly packed ( a huge deal over that), to this well over 2 month wait with no word at all from them except sorry, just turned me against them.

I will no longer buy from B&H.

Getting my camera elsewhere. Period. (And the rest of the items that made up a total order around $5,000.)

That's it. Finished. Fini.

/rt

Edited on Nov 07, 2017 at 07:48 PM · View previous versions

Nov 06, 2017 at 09:15 PM
shayray

p.25 #3 · p.25 #3 · D850 Delivery Status?

Anyone get anything from District Camera?

Nov 06, 2017 at 09:53 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.25 #4 · p.25 #4 · D850 Delivery Status?

I'd call Kim at Murphys, it's clear they got a shipment today and have been receiving a steady stream of cameras!

502-485-1500

shayray wrote:

Nov 06, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.25 #5 · p.25 #5 · D850 Delivery Status?

Glad you got yours too! Just happy they weren't yanking my chain when they told me how many on the waitlist etc!

Arka wrote:
Yup! Same here! Mine shipped today!

Nov 06, 2017 at 10:04 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.25 #6 · p.25 #6 · D850 Delivery Status?

Got an email from Roberts today to call as my camera is arriving and to call to give them my cc details. I pre-ordered about 2 weeks ago and didn't really expect to hear back so soon. The camera should be arriving at their warehouse tomorrow and be in my possession by Wednesday or Thursday latest.
Even though I eventually cancelled my preorder with BH 3 or so weeks ago when my day one order did not process with there third delivery, I have no beef with them. I have bought tons of stuff from them and they've always been professional. When these hard to come by items hit the market they are flooded with pre-orders and simply can't deliver in a way that I'm sure they and we would like. Their business model works just fine and both in house customer service and Henry Posner are class acts...to amplify what Henry has said...they don't know exactly how many and when cameras are arriving...obviously they aren't the only ones as that's why I got an email today saying my camera from another shop is arriving tomorrow. The retail shops take the brunt of the complaints when it is actually Nikon that should be. If Nikon could produce an adequate supply and convey to the retailer how many and when they would be receiving them I am positive the communication between retailer and customer would be better. JMHO
Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Nov 06, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.25 #7 · p.25 #7 · D850 Delivery Status?

Blakehfreeman wrote:
Glad you got yours too! Just happy they weren't yanking my chain when they told me how many on the waitlist etc!

Thanks for sharing the tip!

Nov 06, 2017 at 10:30 PM
shayray

p.25 #8 · p.25 #8 · D850 Delivery Status?

On their list now. Thx
Iíll probably get 4 calls on the same day. Haha

Nov 06, 2017 at 10:40 PM
nuclearjock
• •
p.25 #9 · p.25 #9 · D850 Delivery Status?

shayray wrote:

I buy all my gear from them. I've had my D850 for about three weeks now.

Nov 06, 2017 at 10:56 PM
boshek
• • •
p.25 #10 · p.25 #10 · D850 Delivery Status?

Edited on Nov 07, 2017 at 11:16 AM · View previous versions

Nov 07, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

boshek
• • •
p.25 #11 · p.25 #11 · D850 Delivery Status?

shayray wrote:

over a month ago, call Eldar.

Nov 07, 2017 at 11:16 AM
Laslo Varadi
• •
p.25 #12 · p.25 #12 · D850 Delivery Status?

shayray wrote:

I have bought a lot of gear from them including the D850. Excellent customer service, great selection of equipment, competitive prices. I usually go to the Burke, Va store but they have a location in Washington, DC also. I highly recommend District Camera.

Nov 07, 2017 at 01:32 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.25 #13 · p.25 #13 · D850 Delivery Status?

eyelaser wrote:
Even though I eventually cancelled my preorder with BH 3 or so weeks ago when my day one order did not process with there third delivery, I have no beef with them. I have bought tons of stuff from them and they've always been professional. When these hard to come by items hit the market they are flooded with pre-orders and simply can't deliver in a way that I'm sure they and we would like. Their business model works just fine and both in house customer service and Henry Posner are class acts...to amplify what Henry has said...they don't know
...Show more

Thank you. I appreciate this.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Nov 07, 2017 at 02:52 PM
nuclearjock
• •
p.25 #14 · p.25 #14 · D850 Delivery Status?

Laslo Varadi wrote:
I have bought a lot of gear from them including the D850. Excellent customer service, great selection of equipment, competitive prices. I usually go to the Burke, Va store but they have a location in Washington, DC also. I highly recommend District Camera.

^+1

Nov 07, 2017 at 03:03 PM
MasonJarr

p.25 #15 · p.25 #15 · D850 Delivery Status?

I was way up in the Yukon with no internet service when the pre-orders opened. By the time I got back home to get one on order almost 3 weeks had passed and I was way down on the big shop's list. Last week I started putting my name on some smaller shops' lists. I just got a call this morning from Murphy's in Louisville and in two or three days I'll have a D850 in hand. I've spent a LOT of money with one of the big retailers, but that didn't give me any priority for getting a camera so my loyalty went out the window.

Nov 07, 2017 at 04:45 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.25 #16 · p.25 #16 · D850 Delivery Status?

Glad someone else had a great experience with them! They were great and were professionals the entire process!

MasonJarr wrote:
I was way up in the Yukon with no internet service when the pre-orders opened. By the time I got back home to get one on order almost 3 weeks had passed and I was way down on the big shop's list. Last week I started putting my name on some smaller shops' lists. I just got a call this morning from Murphy's in Louisville and in two or three days I'll have a D850 in hand. I've spent a LOT of money with one of the big retailers, but that didn't give me any priority for getting a camera
...Show more

Nov 07, 2017 at 05:31 PM
butlerkid
• • •
p.25 #17 · p.25 #17 · D850 Delivery Status?

On Nov 1, I contacted Eldar at District camera.....then decided to call Murphy's also.

Today I got a call from Murphy's - my D850 will be shipped today! wooHOOO! Staff at Murphy's is excellent, especially Henry!

A few years ago I bought my D800 from Murphy's. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Nov 07, 2017 at 06:13 PM
MasonJarr

p.25 #18 · p.25 #18 · D850 Delivery Status?

butlerkid wrote:
On Nov 1, I contacted Eldar at District camera.....then decided to call Murphy's also.

Today I got a call from Murphy's - my D850 will be shipped today! wooHOOO! Staff at Murphy's is excellent, especially Henry!

A few years ago I bought my D800 from Murphy's. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Henry is who I dealt with, also. So I'll second your comments.

Nov 07, 2017 at 06:53 PM
Artisador
• • • •
p.25 #19 · p.25 #19 · D850 Delivery Status?

I've been a long time customer of Roberts (John McFadden introduced me to them many years ago) and when John Cote mentioned them in a previous post, I thought I'd give them a call. I also called Murphy's.
No problems with either of these companies at all. Totally transparent, totally upfront about their waiting lists and delivery schedules. In fact, the owners of both companies are friends with each other as are many of the sales people. They send customers back and forth to each other when something is out of stock. Roberts just barely inched out Murphys and my D850 is on its way now. Less than 8 business days wait.

How amazingly refreshing dealing with business out in the open and not being cut off from simple information.

I highly recommend both Murphys and Roberts.

I really can no longer recommend B&H even though having been a customer for over 15 years.

Go to the "smaller" shops - way better transparency, much quicker service.

/rt

Nov 07, 2017 at 07:57 PM
ariel777
• • •
p.25 #20 · p.25 #20 · D850 Delivery Status?

Service Photo in Baltimore just received a shipment; I placed my order and it will go out today. Excellent resource....reliable, dependable and upfront.

Nov 07, 2017 at 08:12 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password