New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       14              16       17       end

D850 Delivery Status?

Todd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · D850 Delivery Status?

Hmmm, ok

Oct 03, 2017 at 05:54 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · D850 Delivery Status?

ckcarr wrote:
Don't worry!

Here comes the next shipment!

I think we know why diglloyd's D850 sensor is tilted now!

Oct 03, 2017 at 06:03 PM
Wayne Willison
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · D850 Delivery Status?

BestBuy's return policy is too rich for my blood. I'm on the list for the D850 and they sent an email saying the wait is over. As I began the payment process I read the return policy just to make sure it hadn't changed. It did change, now if you open the camera box to check out the new purchase and there's a problem it'll cost 15% restocking fee to send it back.
I called Bestbuy and was told the new policy was implemented about 6 months ago. I then explained I wouldn't be able to check the camera without opening the box. She acknowledged that but said the new policy stands.

Wayne

Oct 04, 2017 at 09:12 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · D850 Delivery Status?

Wayne Willison wrote:
BestBuy's return policy is too rich for my blood. I'm on the list for the D850 and they sent an email saying the wait is over. As I began the payment process I read the return policy just to make sure it hadn't changed. It did change, now if you open the camera box to check out the new purchase and there's a problem it'll cost 15% restocking fee to send it back.
I called Bestbuy and was told the new policy was implemented about 6 months ago. I then explained I wouldn't be able to check the camera without
...Show more

Thanks for posting this. Best Buy used to have the most restrictive return policy, then changed it due to competitive pressures. Looks like they're backsliding to their old ways. Here's a page I found with their policy:

Best Buy Return Policy

Oct 04, 2017 at 09:15 PM
Wayne Willison
• • •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · D850 Delivery Status?

Yep. They mean it. I shudder to think I might have paid without rereading it.

Oct 04, 2017 at 09:28 PM
gdsf2
• • •
p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · D850 Delivery Status?

But you can exchange it without any fee within 15 days. If they do not have a replacement available they would have to refund your payment I would imagine.

Oct 04, 2017 at 11:25 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · D850 Delivery Status?

It's not for defective merch. Only for merch that people buy, open and decide they don't want. The 30 day renters on here. I've exchanged multiple lenses there this month and they waive the 15% restocking for defects/issues.

snapsy wrote:
Thanks for posting this. Best Buy used to have the most restrictive return policy, then changed it due to competitive pressures. Looks like they're backsliding to their old ways. Here's a page I found with their policy:

Best Buy Return Policy

Oct 04, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Wayne Willison
• • •
p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · D850 Delivery Status?

Blakehfreeman, have you recently asked for and received a refund for defective merchandise at any point?

Oct 05, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · D850 Delivery Status?

That's what I said... for those who don't trust me see attached:

Scribbled personal identifying items and circled the "restocking" fee... aka $0:

Wayne Willison wrote:
Blakehfreeman, have you recently asked for and received a refund for defective merchandise at any point?

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:38 AM
Jim Turner
• •
p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · D850 Delivery Status?

gpelpel wrote:
According to the rumor site the 3rd wave is already shipping. 4th wave scheduled around 10/14.

Called my dealer today, I am in the top 10 of the list and was told I had a high percentage chance of being in the 3rd wave. Unfortunately they don't have a shipment notice from Nikon yet.

Has anyone received an update from their dealer? I was hoping to see more deliveries today.

Oct 05, 2017 at 01:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gpelpel
• •
p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · D850 Delivery Status?

Called a couple days ago and was told 10/14.

Oct 05, 2017 at 02:37 PM
T_Gordon
• • •
p.13 #12 · p.13 #12 · D850 Delivery Status?

Jim Turner wrote:
Has anyone received an update from their dealer? I was hoping to see more deliveries today.

I got this from BuyDig yesterday

"
New message from: buydig Top Rated Seller(474,557RedShooting Star)

Hello,

I hope that this message finds you well. I am reaching out to let you know how sorry we are about the situation with your open NIKON D850 order. Nikon originally promised that we would be receiving these at the end of September (On or around 9/30). However, due to the issues Nikon has had with their inventory of this exciting new release, they have had to change their commitment to us once again. While they are currently not able to provide us with an exact date of delivery, they have assured us that we will definitely be receiving these before the end of the month (October).

We understand how inconvenient and unacceptable this buying experience with us has been. Our customers satisfaction is the foundation of our business and we really do care about each and every customer. We strive to ensure every experience is a positive one and knowing what a bad experience this must have been for you we are really hoping we can make this up to you.

If you are willing to accept our sincere apology and wait the extra time it will take us to deliver, I would love to offer you a couple great items for your D850, completely free of charge.

#1 Sandisk Extreme PRO SDXC 128GB UHS-1 Memory Card - Great for 4K video for the D850!

#2 Kodak 18-180 Power Zoom Flash with Extra Large Display - This is a really great flash that is compatible with all Nikon DSLRs

Of course, if you prefer, we can always cancel your order at any time and refund your entire purchase. If you choose to cancel we really hope you'll give us another chance in the near future to prove to you how valuable our customers are to us.

Any questions at all please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your time!

-Best Regards

Customer Support
Buydig.com

Phone Line 1-800-617-4686
Hours of operation: Mon-Thu 10AM-7PM
Fri 10AM-2PM Sun 10AM-4PM EST"

Oct 06, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.13 #13 · p.13 #13 · D850 Delivery Status?

A couple of comments about buydigs letter:

1. Hire a proof reader
2. Please ask B&H to send me a memory card for my trouble!
3. Love that they are throwing Nikon under the bus on this one! 😭🚍

T_Gordon wrote:
I got this from BuyDig yesterday

"
New message from: buydig Top Rated Seller(474,557RedShooting Star)

Hello,

I hope that this message finds you well. I am reaching out to let you know how sorry we are about the situation with your open NIKON D850 order. Nikon originally promised that we would be receiving these at the end of September (On or around 9/30). However, due to the issues Nikon has had with their inventory of this exciting new release, they have had to change their commitment to us once again. While they are currently not able to provide us with an exact date
...Show more

Oct 06, 2017 at 03:14 PM
Andre Y
• •
p.13 #14 · p.13 #14 · D850 Delivery Status?

I was just at my local dealer (Samy's, a large regional chain of stores in California), and was told I was 9th on the list. I placed my preorder on September 8, and before the initial release in August, they apparently had 120 preorders.

Oct 06, 2017 at 06:11 PM
cohenfive
• • • •
p.13 #15 · p.13 #15 · D850 Delivery Status?

In case anyone in the SF bay area is looking, a new in box D850 just popped up for sale today on cl..sounds legit, from Adorama with receipt. He's only asking list, so it won't likely last long at $3300...I'm not affiliated, just emailed the seller to see if it seemed real.

Oct 07, 2017 at 02:26 PM
gpelpel
• •
p.13 #16 · p.13 #16 · D850 Delivery Status?

cohenfive wrote:
In case anyone in the SF bay area is looking, a new in box D850 just popped up for sale today on cl..sounds legit, from Adorama with receipt. He's only asking list, so it won't likely last long at $3300...I'm not affiliated, just emailed the seller to see if it seemed real.

Just sent an email to the seller. Crossing fingers

Mine is supposed to arrive the week after the 14th but after our camera club trip to the Eastern Sierra. If the CL ad is genuine and not sold yet the timing would be perfect.

Thanks for posting this opportunity.

Oct 07, 2017 at 03:14 PM
gpelpel
• •
p.13 #17 · p.13 #17 · D850 Delivery Status?

cohenfive wrote:

Thanks cohenfive! I have the D850 in hand.

Oct 07, 2017 at 07:57 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.13 #18 · p.13 #18 · D850 Delivery Status?

I am waiting on the stork. They don't deliver babies anymore so I am hoping to get a visit with a new D850 in beak.

Oct 07, 2017 at 08:04 PM
prosumerhacks
• • •
p.13 #19 · p.13 #19 · D850 Delivery Status?

BestBuy is taking new orders now.

Oct 08, 2017 at 06:06 AM
cohenfive
• • • •
p.13 #20 · p.13 #20 · D850 Delivery Status?

gpelpel wrote:
Thanks cohenfive! I have the D850 in hand.

Glad I could help.

Oct 08, 2017 at 12:44 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password