New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              16       17       end

D850 Delivery Status?

MikeInPa

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D850 Delivery Status?

After initial deliveries last Friday has anyone received any this week or even a hint of when they might get one?

Edited on Sep 13, 2017 at 09:35 PM · View previous versions

Sep 13, 2017 at 09:09 PM
CanadaMark
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D850 Delivery Status?

Rumor is the next shipment is September 15th and my dealer said their allocation will be smaller than the initial shipment. I am far enough down the mile-long preorder list that I have about another month to wait.

Sep 13, 2017 at 09:11 PM
bhermz
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D850 Delivery Status?

My dealer is also "rumored" to get a shipment Sept. 15 which is the batch I "should" get my camera from. I am hoping this ends up being true as I leave Sept. 20 for Europe! Not a bad way to put a new toy through its paces.

Sep 13, 2017 at 09:16 PM
MikeInPa

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D850 Delivery Status?

I too am taking a much needed vacation very soon. I'm probably going have to rent something if mine is unlikely to appear before I leave.

Have a great trip to Europe.

Sep 13, 2017 at 09:37 PM
boshek
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D850 Delivery Status?

bhermz wrote:
My dealer is also "rumored" to get a shipment Sept. 15 which is the batch I "should" get my camera from. I am hoping this ends up being true as I leave Sept. 20 for Europe! Not a bad way to put a new toy through its paces.

my dealer told me the same thing-when he calls me for my cc I'll believe it. I have a wedding to shoot and all I have is the Fuji and I haven't fallen in love with it yet. If this 850 is the cat's meow I'll get rid of the Fuji and buy another one of these

Sep 14, 2017 at 05:46 PM
Brad Barr
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D850 Delivery Status?

Mines on a fedex truck.
Nps rocks for this. If u can become a member you should for this reason alone.

Sep 14, 2017 at 09:38 PM
Todd
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D850 Delivery Status?

I am not a full-time photographer nor do I Soley make my money from that business with my camera. Is that the only requirement that you have to have to become a NPS member? Can you become a member even if you don't make all of your money from photography?

Brad Barr wrote:
Mines on a fedex truck.
Nps rocks for this. If u can become a member you should for this reason alone.

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:05 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D850 Delivery Status?

Don't see why I would want to become an NPS member just for the early delivery of a new camera once every three or four years...

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Todd
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D850 Delivery Status?

I wasn't concerned about that, I heard they have great benifits against lost and stolen gear and other privileges. But I wouldn't join just for quicker delivery on gear...

ckcarr wrote:
Don't see why I would want to become an NPS member just for the early delivery of a new camera once every three or four years...

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:32 PM
bhermz
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D850 Delivery Status?

Bummer. Next delivery was pushed from today to the 19th. Even that date is not guaranteed. Should be interesting if I can get the camera in my hands before my flight at 7pm on the 20th! Keep me in your prayers!

Sep 15, 2017 at 03:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dj R
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · D850 Delivery Status?

bhermz wrote:
Bummer. Next delivery was pushed from today to the 19th. Even that date is not guaranteed. Should be interesting if I can get the camera in my hands before my flight at 7pm on the 20th! Keep me in your prayers!

good luck
you said Eu, nice. where are you going?
consider adding a tether to your camera bag, if you're going to have really valuable stuff in it, as I believe you are

Sep 15, 2017 at 03:27 PM
bhermz
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · D850 Delivery Status?

Dj R wrote:
good luck
you said Eu, nice. where are you going?
consider adding a tether to your camera bag, if you're going to have really valuable stuff in it, as I believe you are

Barcelona-> Croatia (Dubrovnik, Hvar) -> Slovenia (Postojna, Bled) -> Vienna

I learned my lesson early on regarding valuables and traveling. 10 or so years ago (has it really been that long!), I was on my first ever overseas trip for a college course. At the time, i just had a point-and-shoot, I think one of the first CoolPix style cameras. My friends and I were taking turns taking pictures of each other in front of one of the sites in Rome and a man came over offering to take a group photo of us. My ever so trusting self, didn't think twice and offered over the camera. As i'm sure your mind has already predicted, he took some steps back as we composed ourselves for the photo and he took off. That dude was fast! Needless to say, i'm not so trusting anymore. The D850, if I am lucky enough to bring with, will have to be pry'd out of my cold, dead hands before I let anyone else touch it!

If any of you have any can't miss locations at any of those cities, don't hold back! Cheers!

Sep 15, 2017 at 03:42 PM
Spectro
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · D850 Delivery Status?

ckcarr wrote:

Well, if you've ever had gear stolen and customer commitments then you would understand the value of NPS. This happened to me in 2009 when I had a backpack full of my best gear stolen from a supposedly "secure' room. I came back to town and walked into Nikon to explain my dilemma. I walked out ten minutes later with enough gear to carry on and my only commitment to NPS was to bring it back when I had my gear requirements sorted.

I also regularly sign out lenses that I can't justify purchasing such as 600mm f4 for baseball playoffs when I know I won't be able to move around like I can for regular season games.

I requested a specific lens this year for ski racing that wasn't available so my NPS rep borrowed a personal one from another Nikon employee for me to use.

Ask Canon shooters what they get for their paid CPS membership. It doesn't compare.

Sep 15, 2017 at 04:11 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · D850 Delivery Status?

Todd wrote:
I am not a full-time photographer nor do I Soley make my money from that business with my camera. Is that the only requirement that you have to have to become a NPS member? Can you become a member even if you don't make all of your money from photography?

NPS membership page

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Sep 15, 2017 at 05:37 PM
boshek
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · D850 Delivery Status?

Delivery delayed, just heard from my dealer. no ETA given

Sep 15, 2017 at 06:03 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · D850 Delivery Status?

Every time I get an email from B&H I think it might be a shipping notification but instead it's just a marketing message

Sep 15, 2017 at 07:02 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · D850 Delivery Status?

Time sure flies. It's been almost 30 days since I placed an order at my vendor of choice, and that was as soon as the camera went on-line there...

Sep 15, 2017 at 07:09 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · D850 Delivery Status?

My guess is I'll receive my pre order from B* PhotoVideo early 2018..

Sep 15, 2017 at 07:23 PM
bhermz
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · D850 Delivery Status?

boshek wrote:

Yea, count on the 19th for the next delivery. But, no one really knows how many each dealer will receive...

Sep 15, 2017 at 07:34 PM
JeepWrangler

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · D850 Delivery Status?

boshek wrote:

The delivery scheduled for today is delayed until the 19th - according to DPReview.

Sep 15, 2017 at 07:36 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password