Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the S...

CanadaMark
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the Sony Fanboys ...

I think when people are worried about the sensor manufacturer, it's more so that they just want the exclusive performance characteristics that certain companies like Sony can provide. The manufacturer does matter to some extent, because certain technologies and patents would not be available otherwise and some of those technologies directly translate into class leading performance. If you look at the D850 sensor, it is full of Sony exclusive characteristics (see my earlier summary) and without those, they probably would not have been able to improve upon the D810 sensor while adding 30% more resolution.

Neither Nikon nor Canon completely make their own sensors so it mostly comes down to the design, and what they have in their 'tool box' of technology and patents to work with. After that, who physically builds the sensor doesn't matter at all so long as they are capable of executing the design (or modification of an existing part) without compromise.

Sep 19, 2017 at 05:49 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the Sony Fanboys ...

Yeah I was going to say the same thing...

sjms wrote:
here in lies a question are there not stockholders in any of these companies here?

Sep 22, 2017 at 04:37 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the Sony Fanboys ...

What must one do to be asked to leave a forum?

sjms wrote:
I was asked to leave the sony forum awhile back. it was just short of a threat. so I did.

Sep 22, 2017 at 04:39 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the Sony Fanboys ...

Arka wrote:
What must one do to be asked to leave a forum?

when one challenges a concept. it is human nature to fear and then lash out against a challenger to your beliefs.

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the Sony Fanboys ...

What a weird thread, y'all.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:37 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the Sony Fanboys ...

Absolutely!

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:49 AM
gdsf2
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally) ... for All the Sony Fanboys ...

The title should read:

The Truth about Nikon Sensors (finally)...for all the Sony Fanboys...fron a Nikon Fanboy

Talking about the pot calling the kettle black.

Sep 23, 2017 at 03:30 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password