New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Big thanks to some folks- sorry for length

Pibblepictures

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Big thanks to some folks- sorry for length

New to this forum, as I usually just keep my head down and do my own thing. I'm an enthusiast (GWC I guess, aspiring to something more) who shoots shelter/rescue dogs and my kid's sports on the weekends, and if my heart can stand it, I do the occasional "end of life" or Rainbow Bridge photo shoot, but can only do maybe one a month on those at best. my wife really implores that i stop, as I am a total mess when I get home..... Zero aspirations of ever making money doing these things. I do it for fun (with the kids) and to give back (to the shelters. I lost all my gear in Hurricane Harvey at a time when the dogs I love need me the most....and so I turned to FM for help.

I'm not going to name names, but I have been furiously buying new gear to replace what was soaked in the hurricane....which was pretty much everything, and every seller here has helped me out in some way, and expressed their concern and support. Without exception, all the folks I have worked with are class acts, Aside from some drywall damage and some mold, the house will be fine (needed a new kitchen floor anyways), and more importantly, my family was safe, but lost of lot of "stuff".. Part of making sure they were safe entailed abandoning material things without hesitation. It is, after all, just stuff. Even gear. . OK, admittedly finding my brand new MKiv under what is basically basically diseased runoff water was hard to take....but again, just stuff.....

So really just wanted to thank the overall community for their support, because it seems to be . So many are worse off than we are. arI am looking forward to getting back to helping the shelters find forever homes for displaced dogs (Ok, fine, cats too....), but have been touched by how many in this little community share a love of pups, especially rescues, and feel like I I have found a home. So thank you.....

When I get back up and running, I plan to post many shots of my rescues (i lost EVERYTHING because I didn't trust online/cloud storage....dumba**), and hope to learn from the expertise offered on this site. Never been so jazzed to be a part of a community like this before, and just had to say something.

Best to you all,
Brad
"Pibblepictures"

Sep 12, 2017 at 07:04 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big thanks to some folks- sorry for length

Sorry for your loss, glad you found some comfort here. I've 'been around the block'
and FM totally rocks. Just "hide" those few that annoy and post away. Best of luck.

Sep 14, 2017 at 06:20 AM
Jim8EL
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big thanks to some folks- sorry for length

Brad, I'm glad you and the family are safe. You're right, the other stuff is just stuff. I know how it feels. My family and I had to deal with Agnes '72. Lost everything in the house, and had 11 feet of water in our business. It took quite a while to sort it all out and recover from that loss. But, the family was fine and the rest just took care of itself with a lot of work. The city never really recovered though. Best of luck to you.

BTW, Texans really showed their stuff. Nice work.

Sep 14, 2017 at 02:40 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.