New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Croatia - Split and Dubrovnik

k4nch1

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Croatia - Split and Dubrovnik

Does anyone got spot recommendation in Split and Dubrovnik - Croatia??

Thanks,

Vic

Sep 12, 2017 at 08:06 PM
JohnC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Croatia - Split and Dubrovnik

Stay in Split Old Town so you can walk to Diocletian's Palace early in the morning, it is mobbed at sunset. Highly recommend Trogir about an hour to the north and Kastel and Solin along the way are worth a stop. Mostar in Bosnia is between Split and Dubrovnik and so a detour through there makes sense if you are driving. The Croatian countryside is very reminiscent of Tuscany. Of the coastal towns near Dubrovnik, the village of Ston has the second largest stone wall after the Great Wall of China and Korkuia is a perfectly preserved Venetian town and birthplace of Marco Polo. Enjoy a stop in any of the vineyards along the coast, they have agreat view of the Adriatic even if the wine itself is mediocre.

Oct 01, 2017 at 04:59 PM
keepclicking

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Croatia - Split and Dubrovnik

Just got back from my 4 week road trip that started in Slovenia and ended I. Dubrovnik. In Split stay in the old town, get out early in the morning to shoot the palace, streets, and all the iconic locations inside the walled city. One day rent a car and drive to Bosnia to see the bridge. From Split u can take a ferry ride to Hvar. In Dubrovnik, I would recommend staying inside the old town. Get up early to photograph, be sure to walk the wall (go early or late afternoon after the cruise crowd is gone). B sure to have a drink at Buza bar. From Dubrovnik you can do a one day trip to Montenegro Bay of Kotar. I have posted pictures Dubrovnik's picture on my flickr account "eparul". PM me if u have any questions. This was my 3rd trip to this beautiful country.

Oct 05, 2017 at 01:42 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password