New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji X100 low light

Coltrayne

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X100 low light

Was thinking about picking one of these up for shooting bands that don't allow dslr into shows. What are your thoughts on this camera at 3200 iso+?

Sep 11, 2017 at 07:08 PM
benee
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X100 low light

The original X100? I'd pick up an X100S or T for this kid of work. Better low light, faster AF.

Sep 11, 2017 at 07:15 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X100 low light

Coltrayne wrote:
Was thinking about picking one of these up for shooting bands that don't allow dslr into shows. What are your thoughts on this camera at 3200 iso+?

This would not be ideal for the X100's. I would strongly suggest a used A7s providing the venues allow it.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM
Alexluu627
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X100 low light

Not sure how the x100f would do, but I own a x100t and it can't focus at night lol. Reminds me of a dslr made before 2008.

Noise isn't unusable passed 3200, but so many better options now of days. If you shoot jpegs though 2000+ will give you porcelain skin affect which is great for asians and no one else hahahahahahhaha

Coltrayne wrote:

Sep 13, 2017 at 01:18 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X100 low light

X100f is especially useable at iso3200, just like the other 24meg sensors, and the AF works well. Problem I think you'll find is that the 35mm equiv FoV is going to be really wide, especially if your shooting from out in the crowd.

I used to work photographing concerts for Kerrang! Magazine in the UK, and have done hundreds of shows. Even with full access in front of the barricades I typically would use a 85mm f1.8 or a 70-200/2.8. I'd carry a second or third body with something wider for the occasional shots but even being as close as I was I usually wanted something wider.

You can certainly get some cool overall venue shots with a x100, but I think as a whole you'll just be disappointed spending so much money on a camera and likely not capturing what your after, not to mention worrying about a $1300 camera the whole show.

I'd look into one of the 1" sensor pocket zoom options, they all shoot great 4K video, and have fairly fast lenses with decent reach. Won't be as good at high ISO of course, but with video you can shoot with a slow shutter anyways. Tilt screens are always helpful too for holding above the crowd.

Again, x100 is a fun camera, and if it's a local bar band and you can get right on the stage, you'll get great shots, but if your talking venues that don't allow dslr and your not credentialed, your likely not shooting from anywhere where the focal length will work well IMO

Sep 13, 2017 at 06:01 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password