New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

censorship

R.H. Johnson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · censorship

also include offensive content such as bullying or intimidation of an individual or group, racial discrimination, hate group paraphernalia, graphic crime scene or accident images, cruelty to animals, murder and self-harm.

the low hanging fruit images meets the criteria of offensive content:

1. bullying or intimidation of an individual or group
2. racial discrimination
3. hate group paraphernalia
4. graphic crime scene
5. accident image (from a demented perspective)
6. cruelty to animals (again from a demented perspective) lol
7. murder
8. self-harm (from a demented perspective) as well

under these censorship rules the photos of low hanging fruit from the tree technically could not be posted in any of the forums on FM.

this i not what the internet was designed or implemented for. it is what the internet has devolved into. it was freedom of information that drove the internet in the beginning. an information highway devoid of capitalist corporate influence. it is a sad depiction when we as individuals do not have the moral fortitude to stand against censorship for profit. and fight for the right of freedom of artistic expression devoid of profit.

Edited on Sep 13, 2017 at 03:30 AM · View previous versions

Sep 12, 2017 at 04:29 PM
4meNex7
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · censorship

PhilPDX wrote:
You are missing the point completely. Today we are banning artistic nudity, tomorrow a sponsor comes along who doesn't like images of mating animals, next week someone demands that photos of swimmers at a sporting event need to be removed because they show too much skin. Would you be okay with such a development? I wouldn't.

-Phil

It makes no difference what I or anyone else is "okay" with. The owner of the site will determine the rules. Those so upset by it may move on, others will stay and continue to enjoy and learn from the wealth of great photography here. Nudity is a very small part of what this forum is. Anyone that feels their artistic freedom has been violated can find other places to express it.
Much to do about nothing.

Sep 12, 2017 at 04:52 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · censorship

Berkyboy wrote:
.....speaking of irony, this is the "clickable" ad I'm now seeing attached to this thread

Steve

, talk about hypocrisy, let alone irony I can only speculate as to how that got by the "censors."

Sep 12, 2017 at 04:57 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · censorship

anthonysemone wrote:
, talk about hypocrisy, let alone irony I can only speculate as to how that got by the "censors."

Nothing to get by, thats the advertiser, they don't want any competition here to detract from their goods! :P

Sep 12, 2017 at 08:33 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · censorship

anthonysemone wrote:

Those ads are based on search history.

Sep 12, 2017 at 08:40 PM
Big Appa
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · censorship

Sorry, it just ain't complicated, Fred's forum, Fred's rules.

Ed

Sep 12, 2017 at 08:55 PM
bwalwork
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · censorship

I'm not one who would normally get involved in such discussions. However, on this occasion I find it disappointing that the censorship of nudity is an issue.

I do portraits and occasional artistic nude photo sessions and workshops. Generally, the quality of the imagery and the commentary on FM have proved to be both educational and inspirational, helping me to make better images.

If we were to use Model Mayhem as a comparison, Fred's site would be considered suitable for kindergarten kids to view. Seldom is there anything on FM about which anyone should be concerned (and many images are linked, giving the choice to view or not).

Now, using television for comparison, it has often distressed me that the killing of other human beings with every imaginable weapon is okay for viewing, but someone's butt crack must be blurred out because it's offensive. Give me a break!

We've seem to have lost our sense of life's values! Sorry about the rant!

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:16 PM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · censorship

very well stated, bwalwork.

Sep 13, 2017 at 03:14 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · censorship

If you don't like the "censorship" of this site which Fed provides for FREE to you, then pay to start your own site and post whatever the hell you want, no censorship.

Sep 13, 2017 at 03:32 AM
PicGuy

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · censorship

Big corporations are pushing hard all over the internet to control content and feed people a PC diet of thought control BS. They are using the threat of taking away ad money to accomplish their goals. Look at what is going on at YouTube if you need proof. People have been ignoring what has been going on for years and now it is getting to the point where nearly everyone is being impacted by it.

If you want to fight back then refuse to buy products or services from these big corporations that are pushing censorship. I don't use Google as a default search engine anymore. If enough people did this then they would not be an accomplice to promoting web censorship. Also, pay attention to who you are voting for because most politicians are in the pocket of these big corporations. If you want to have an impact on stopping this exercise in extreme thought control then do something besides posting on a forum. Stop giving these society controlling corporations your money and vote for politicians that respect free speech in deed and not just give it lip service during campaigning.

BTW, there are hardly no complaints, if any, about content on sites like this. They sought out Fred and decided it was time to screw with him. I don't blame him for what he has done. If you want to fight back then hit these corporations in their wallet. It is the only vulnerable point they have for us to exploit.

Sep 13, 2017 at 04:11 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · censorship

Would the half of you posting "Fred's site, Fred's rules" and such please read the sticky in which Fred unambiguously states that these aren't his rules and he didn't want to make this change either?

Sep 13, 2017 at 11:25 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · censorship

Lee Saxon wrote:
Would the half of you posting "Fred's site, Fred's rules" and such please read the sticky in which Fred unambiguously states that these aren't his rules and he didn't want to make this change either?

Why? It is Fred's site, it is Fred's rules. He may not have wanted to make these changes, but he did. Regardless of the reasons, we must accept it.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · censorship

no we don't have to accept it. nor do we have to form our own site. we do however have the right to voice or opinions on said matter. if you don't like our opinions don't read them.

just like in the image link provided above, there were laws that allowed caucasian americans to perform such vile inhuman barbaric acts on people of color and get away with it by the law. did it make those vile barbaric acts right? no it didn't, did it?

it took the people united in protest to rid the country of the laws that allowed such barbarity. now flip the script and fast forward to what's going on here. fred as an individual has no force in this matter. however if we the members of this site stood behind him in this fight. we could and can provide him the force that is necessarily required to go to those advertisers and say my membership rejects your thought patrolling controlling parameters and rules you want me to implement on my site. sirs you are about to lose a lot of buying customers because they are so pissed off that they are going to boycott your entire product line. force that gives fred miranda the force needed to stand up and fight back.

1st we the participants most become aware of the insidiousness of censorship. make a commitment to to stand with this fine young man fred miranda to fight for what is right. it sickens me to hear leave, get your on site, etc sounds like lizards basking in the sun sheep ready to be lead to slaughter.

weak minded fools. too dumb to see. now if he does not want to fight the good fight that's on him. but if he needs one like me to join in his endeavor a good fight. then i take the commitment. i got his back, end of line.....

Edited on Sep 14, 2017 at 02:37 PM · View previous versions

Sep 13, 2017 at 02:03 PM
4meNex7
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · censorship

Chicken Little! Chicken Little! The sky is falling!

Sep 13, 2017 at 03:23 PM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · censorship

sheep.....

Sep 13, 2017 at 03:35 PM
PicGuy

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · censorship

4meNex7 wrote:
Chicken Little! Chicken Little! The sky is falling!

When censorship runs amuck, it is only a matter of time before they censor something YOU care deeply about and censorship is certainly running amuck these days.

Sep 13, 2017 at 08:07 PM
Rob Tracy
• •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · censorship

After reading this thread I looked up the policy for Google Ads / AdSense.

"Google ads may not be placed on content that provides tips regarding sexual performance or discusses some treatments of sexual health issues. Examples include, but are not limited to:

sexual health advice related to pregnancy, childbirth, or family planning"

I doubt it's as restrictive as this ad company. https://www.halal.ad/

Google, saving the children and tracking your every move online since 1998!

Sep 16, 2017 at 04:29 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · censorship

I appreciate all the comments posted on this thread. However, the People Photography board is a 'presentation' only board. Only images should be posted here. The "Forum and miscellaneous" board is dedicated to these type of discussions. This thread has been moved there.
Thanks for your cooperation and understanding,
Fred

Sep 16, 2017 at 05:37 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · censorship

Andre Labonte wrote:
Why? It is Fred's site, it is Fred's rules. He may not have wanted to make these changes, but he did. Regardless of the reasons, we must accept it.

The internet is full of these comments and I don't understand a one of them.

I understand people who come into this thread because they're happy Fred made the change or mad that he made it. Happy to discuss with them.

I don't understand taking time out of your day to wade into a debate and say "y'all shouldn't take time out of your days to debate this." Just roll your eyes and ignore us. But people do it all the time. Hashtag flummoxed.

Sep 16, 2017 at 09:50 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · censorship

Lee Saxon wrote:
The internet is full of these comments and I don't understand a one of them.

I understand people who come into this thread because they're happy Fred made the change or mad that he made it. Happy to discuss with them.

I don't understand taking time out of your day to wade into a debate and say "y'all shouldn't take time out of your days to debate this." Just roll your eyes and ignore us. But people do it all the time. Hashtag flummoxed.

Sep 19, 2017 at 05:17 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password