New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Napali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii

newjerseysurf
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Napali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii

for some reason i am just not very happy with how many of my photos from Hawaii turned out. granted, the timing wasn't always great (sometimes midday, overcast, etc.) but other than that i just feel they lack a real sharpness or crispness to them.

here are a couple of the "better" ones. i would love your thoughts. keep in mind, i am a true amateur, just getting into photography.

these were after a bit of Lightroom post-processing (usually just bumping up the dehaze and contrast a bit as well as blacks and shadows).

thanks in advance!

Sep 10, 2017 at 07:41 PM
doubleuely
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Napali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii

I really like #1, the depth in the photo from left to right is very nice. I was just in Hawaii at the end of July, the NaPali coast was amazing.

Curious what your settings were, and I'm guessing you were shooting from a boat?
You might be able to get more details with some sharpening. I have been using the Nik collection filters (now free) and they can really crispen up the images.

Also as you stated you were shooting mid day, a polarizer filter can help a lot.

Just remember it is a learning process and have fun with it! Remember what works and what images you like and build off that.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:35 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.