New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Canon Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm Fine Art border

Jayteepix

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm Fine Art border

How to circumvent the 30mm border imposed when selecting Fine Art Paper 1 or 2

I'm printing @ A3 on Canson Infinity - Rag Photographique 310gsm2 I'm using Canson's profiles for this paper and printer combination. I think this limitation is to minimise the chance of getting head strikes on thicker papers.

I'd like to make prints as large as possible on A3 leaving just a small margin as I am matting them for framing.
I just seem to be unable to "CON" the printer into letting me do this and still use the Canson profile .

I tried lying about the paper size by setting A3+ it started to print ok but ran off the end of the paper.
I hope this problem description makes sense and would love to hear any solution or suggestions.
Thanks

Sep 10, 2017 at 01:59 PM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm Fine Art border

The media type and the ICC profile are different and can be selected independently.

Try selecting Matte Photo Paper media type and select Minimize Abrasion in the driver Maintenance section.

See if you like the output.

Sep 10, 2017 at 09:01 PM
Jayteepix

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm Fine Art border

jrhoffman75 wrote:
The media type and the ICC profile are different and can be selected independently.

Try selecting Matte Photo Paper media type and select Minimize Abrasion in the driver Maintenance section.

See if you like the output.

Well JR this advice was very much appreciated.
I followed your instructions and got what I wanted and quality didn't seem to suffer.

This is a great relief as the 60mm was preventing me from properly exploiting quite a bit of expensive paper given that I'll be mounting in 50 x 40 cm frames.

Thank You!
Jamie

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:00 AM
josh paris
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm Fine Art border

Curious if anyone have found away or made a hack of some sort to print full bleeds on the Pro 100?

I would love to be able to scale a few pano's to a larger print size but butting sheets together... or better yet print of a roll with Pro 100.

Sep 28, 2017 at 02:08 AM
mikek200
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm Fine Art border

I was getting the exact same error message.
Another qimage user suggested ,to use in the media setting.."Matte N"-it worked for me.I was using a MOAB paper called Somerset Museum Rag 300,a beautiful paper.

Also,please note,,,seems Canon tech support is very opposed to us,using paper other than Canon paper.,and using other printing programs other than Photoshop,Lightroom.....I use ,Qimage.& have been for about 11 years??.
When I told the girl at canon,{after waiting 55 minutes on hold},,she had to look up what program was"-she had never heard of it".
Yesterday was one hell of a day-Good Luck,

Mike

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:02 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.