New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

I'd like to ask shooters here who have an X-pro2 a favor. Can you check the menu system and see if it is possible to assign the front lever button, the one that changes the bright lines, to another function? In particular, is it possible to set it to Focus-ON? That would solve my last obstacle, but in reading the manual I don't see mention of that.

The X-T2 seems to suggest that any function button can be set to Focus-On, but I'd really prefer the X-Pro2 as it stands now. Come to think of it, if anyone with an X-T2 could double check that the front can be set to initiate focus, I'd be really appreciative.

It's sort of important to me. I may move to Nikon for the way the D850 can be set up, but my heart bleeds Fuji.

(and both models drive me crazy enough on how the rear button layout is arranged for back-focus that no normal configuration is an option for me. Thus either a long and optimistic wait for the X-Pro3, and maybe even an X-T3 - or just back to Nikon )

Thanks.

Sep 09, 2017 at 11:11 PM
jecottrell
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

It is customizable, but not to focus.

Very limited choices:
SHUTTER TYPE
Preview EXP./WB IN MANUAL MODE
PREVIEW PIC. EFFECT
BRIGHT FRAME SIMULATOR
BRIGHT FRAME BRIGHTNESS
NONE

Sep 10, 2017 at 12:05 AM
benee
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

As I understand it, you're essentially wanting to use that button to activate autofocus focus (like back-button focusing). Sorry but it can't be done on the XP2. You can change the type of autofocus(single point, zone, etc). But you can't use it to initiate autofocus. You have to use the AFL or AEL button on the back to initiate autofocus.

Sep 10, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2017 at 12:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DaveG_NJ

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

Coming from Nikon and using back-button focusing, I found the buttons on the XT1 and XP2 really difficult to find - they're so flat. The AF-L under your thumb is awkward to hit even if you could find it without looking. The AE-L is a little easier to feel. I'm playing with the half-release, manual focus approach. Jury is still out on that technique.

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

Might be a firmware feature down the line, because on the X100F, the front button part of the selector can be assigned to be an AF-ON button

Generally if Fuji adds a feature to one camera, they usually seem to add it to others down the road

Sep 16, 2017 at 03:25 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do you have an X-Pro 2? Double check favor

millsart wrote:
Might be a firmware feature down the line, because on the X100F, the front button part of the selector can be assigned to be an AF-ON button

Generally if Fuji adds a feature to one camera, they usually seem to add it to others down the road

Thanks for that info. I'm in the process of trying to figure out if to keep Olympus or Fuji while I get the D850 in a few months and the back button focus is my biggest "issue" My favorite all time camera is my X100s, but in the last few days I'm considering selling it due to that as well as the fact that I shoot 80 percent Infra Red now.

But I was worried about regret later. I read the manual just yesterday, and it made not mention of this ability that I could find. That makes it good to know as it weights heavily in my decision making (wrecking) process.

I've been testing front button focus on my Olympus gear and it works surprisingly well, despite the change in muscle memory. My daughter is left eye dominant and so back button was out of the questions for her on such small cams. Why is there no perfect setup, perfect system?

Sep 16, 2017 at 09:15 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password