Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Leica digital rf owner in Dallas able to do a small favor?

jacquesvroom
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica digital rf owner in Dallas able to do a small favor?

Leica-Savvy DFW FM Village:

I have a Zeiss 35mm f:1.4 Distagon I have used for a few months on a Sony body. I would like to be sure it focuses to infinity on an M10. I would be happy to meet you wherever you say in the greater DFW area, anytime you say in the next few days (except tomorrow, Sept 7, from 1200 to 1500). I'd hand you the lens and an SD card; then ask you to focus on something/anything at infinity and shoot. I'd ask for the lens and sd card back and let you get back to your happy life.

Alternatively, anybody know a camera retailer in or near Dallas who might do this? I'm pretty sure Eugene, at Competitive Camera, would do me this favor, but I'm also pretty sure they don't carry Leicas. Last Leica body I had was an M2R, sold about 25 years ago. I am no longer even-remotely Leica-smart.

Also, alternatively, unless somehow the M10 focuses "differently" at infinity from other digital Leica rangefinders, this experiment could work with ANY Leica digital rangefinder body. Yes? Maybe?

Any helpful thoughts or suggestions highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jacques (Jack) Vroom
Near SMU

PS You could check my Buy + Sell feedback for references. You could check Google for lack of violent-crime or bunko/grifter history! AFAIK, there are only 2 Jacques Vrooms in the USA; my son and I. I am the "Jr.", with hair. He is the "III", without hair!

Sep 07, 2017 at 03:41 AM
joakim
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica digital rf owner in Dallas able to do a small favor?

Any digital M will of course do.

Sep 07, 2017 at 11:42 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica digital rf owner in Dallas able to do a small favor?

You might also want mention that make sure the m10 you tried have correct RF focusing.

Last time I demo M10 in Leica SF store, their M10 actually back focused, my brought lenses 35lux v2, 90apo and their demo lens 50APO all back focused on that M10 but was perfect on my M240p.

jacquesvroom wrote:
Leica-Savvy DFW FM Village:

I have a Zeiss 35mm f:1.4 Distagon I have used for a few months on a Sony body. I would like to be sure it focuses to infinity on an M10. I would be happy to meet you wherever you say in the greater DFW area, anytime you say in the next few days (except tomorrow, Sept 7, from 1200 to 1500). I'd hand you the lens and an SD card; then ask you to focus on something/anything at infinity and shoot. I'd ask for the lens and sd card back and let you get back to
...Show more

Sep 07, 2017 at 02:49 PM
jacquesvroom
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica digital rf owner in Dallas able to do a small favor?

Done. Thank you.

Sep 08, 2017 at 12:24 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password