Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

esanchez
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

The 90mm F2 is $949 new. So $250 for the OIS is not bad. I bought my 90mm f2 for $800 used. So maybe wait for the 80mm 2.8 used to drop to $1000-$900 would be a better buy?

Sep 07, 2017 at 05:24 PM
AZ Photo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

itai195 wrote:
Wonder if that 200/2 will cost over $5500 like the Nikon and Canon equivalents?

I'll probably pick up the 80mm macro at some point, once the price goes down a bit.

Since I started shooting with Fuji cameras I've noticed that lens prices just go up

Sep 07, 2017 at 05:52 PM
Snopchenko
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

The 8-16/2.8 is unbelievable, a lens to change the systems (or to adopt a second one) for. This from a longtime Canon shooter...

Sep 07, 2017 at 08:03 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

Too many X devices for me to keep track or remember what they are.

Sep 07, 2017 at 08:05 PM
itai195
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

AZ Photo wrote:
Since I started shooting with Fuji cameras I've noticed that lens prices just go up

At least the f/2 lenses are fairly inexpensive. I don't generally mind a $1200 lens if it's one I'll use, but for macro I don't quite use it enough. I can wait for a lower price.

I'm sure there'll be lots of griping about the prices and sizes of the upcoming 8-16 and 200mm. The 8-16mm is almost certainly on my wishlist, though. And along with it, I suspect I'll need to invest into a larger filter system again.

Sep 07, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cgrille
• •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

A disadvantage I've just noticed is the changing in placement of the different buttons on the back of Fuji cameras. As a second camera to a X-E2(s) I would be confused with the X-E3 by the placement of 'Q' and 'AE-Lock'.
To any other Fuji camera line every position of AE-Lock, AF-Lock and Q (and joystick) is different and could be a problem in hectic situations.

Sep 08, 2017 at 11:27 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

cgrille wrote:
A disadvantage I've just noticed is the changing in placement of the different buttons on the back of Fuji cameras. As a second camera to a X-E2(s) I would be confused with the X-E3 by the placement of 'Q' and 'AE-Lock'.

No problem. Upgrade to all new bodies!

Sep 08, 2017 at 12:35 PM
cgrille
• •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

dmacmillan wrote:
No problem. Upgrade to all new bodies!

In that moment Fuji presents an exchange promotion 'old to new' only for delivery costs.

Sep 08, 2017 at 01:16 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

leighton w wrote:
I would warn you not to compare the XE2S to the XE3. They're going to be different animals. The XE3 should be (on paper anyway), much better all around than the XE2S.

I got a chance to play around with the XE2s last night (photos to come). It's so teeny! I had no idea it was that much smaller than the XP2 or XT2.

That's potentially a good thing. My wife has fussed about me dragging the bid DSLR around when we travel. I showed her the XP2 and XT2. She thought they weren't small enough to matter. She asked me why I just don't take my old Lumix LX7. While it's a fine little camera, I was at a loss of how to effectively point out its shortcomings while making a case for the XE3.

I did the right thing, though. I mounted my vintage 90mm Summicron on the XE2s and took some photos of our cats. I then used the Fuji app and downloaded them to my iPhone. In 3 minutes I had them up on Facebook. She's always loved the "Leica look" and remarked that the new photos had the magic. She's warming up to the idea.

I could certainly live with the XE2s. From all the reviews and data I've seen, the XE3 will be even better, from IQ (a given) and capture. Since I have the XP2 and XT2 as a point of reference, I didn't notice focus capture being that much slower. It was noticeably slower writing the image and getting ready for the next shot.

I have to admit I'm really spoiled by the XT2 viewfinder, but I found the XE2s viewfinder manageable. I'm willing to go with the smaller viewfinder in exchange for the diminutive size of the camera.

Sep 08, 2017 at 01:26 PM
sputnik
• •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Anyone excited about tomorrows announcments?

I got to play with the 80 macro today at a Fuji demo. What a beatiful lens. That will definately end up in my bag sooner or later. I really like the OIS which my 90 is lacking. The X-E3 was also nice as a compact alternative to the other bodies.

Sep 08, 2017 at 05:41 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password