New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

How do I "outsource" my editing?

ZachOly
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do I "outsource" my editing?

I edit on two computers: a workstation and a laptop. Both running the latest version of LR.

I want to use my laptop as my "outsourced" computer.

What do I need to send to my laptop from my workstation in order to achieve that?

Sep 05, 2017 at 06:17 PM
RAF09
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do I "outsource" my editing?

If you want to only see the finished files on your laptop you would just export them from your workstation in the size and format of your choice. They could go in any folder you choose, it wouldn't have to be LR as they would be for viewing or sending to a offsite printer etc.

Sep 05, 2017 at 08:19 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do I "outsource" my editing?

ZachOly wrote:
I edit on two computers: a workstation and a laptop. Both running the latest version of LR.

I want to use my laptop as my "outsourced" computer.

What do I need to send to my laptop from my workstation in order to achieve that?

your question and title don't make sense .

your title is "how do I outsource your editing" but the question seems ro relate to wanting only finished images on your laptop .

tou 'outsource' your editing is to get someone else to do it for you . there are many people who do this . their charges vary a lot

if you want to only show finished edited images on your laptop in LR :

you can either export your images as Jpegs or tiffs and then view them on the laptop or if you still want to use LR you could export the images as a Catalogue .
you will then have a CAT file (.lrcat) and image files that can be transferred onto the laptop

Sep 05, 2017 at 08:54 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How do I "outsource" my editing?

I think it will work like this....

To edit the images on your laptop, just transfer the raw files to it.

On the laptop, import the images and do all of the editing that you want to and then export the finished image(s) as a library (a very small library) with its own catalog.
Use the menu command file>export as catalog and choose your options. The export will have the catalog and library, and the image files will have their folder hierarchy too.

Then transfer that library to your workstation and import it into Lr on the workstation with file>import from another catalog.

Doing it this way will transfer all edit commands from the laptop to the workstation and incorporate them into Lr so that you can continue editing if you want to. It also does not generate new jpeg or tiff or psd files because each Lr has only the raw file and the edit commands, ratings, etc. that you applied to it.

Afterwards, relocate the files if necessary from within the Lr on the workstation computer, and delete the exported library on both computers as they are presumably of no further use.

There is another way but this one has the advantage that the main Lr library on each computer retains its independence from the other, and they do not need to be "synchronised" with each other.

Sep 09, 2017 at 09:45 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password