Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...
  
 
kwbarnes
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


It is an AMA rule for AMA members at AMA events, or AMA sanctioned flying sites. Doesn't cover non-AMA members, or AMA members not flying at AMA events, or AMA sanctioned flying sites.

It's not a law, rule, or regulation of any governmental agency. Has as much relevance outside of an AMA flying field, or event, as Disney park rules do when you aren't in a Disney park.

If it was a law, rule, or regulation of any government agency, the current speed record wouldn't be 519 MPH. Or, at least no one would be talking about it, and posting videos to you tube.







Sep 07, 2017 at 02:33 AM
Cicopo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


This isn't the place to debate policy & laws so I'll end my side by saying I wouldn't recommend sending someone to an event that wasn't sanctioned or could be considered unsafe for spectators.


Sep 07, 2017 at 03:28 AM
ITR010342
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


Herb wrote:
A few more...


What is up with the noise in the last image of the F-18 here? There is a noiseless box with lots of noise outside...



Sep 07, 2017 at 06:27 PM
Herb
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


ITR010342 wrote:
What is up with the noise in the last image of the F-18 here? There is a noiseless box with lots of noise outside...


that was a photo my wife took with her 7DII, she had the ISO set at 1600 and I used Topaz DeNoise on it in PS....not sure how it didnt do the entire photo....I noticed it after posting.....



Sep 07, 2017 at 10:07 PM
bcguy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


Well, you sure didn't disappoint! I love that F4U Corsair!!


Sep 09, 2017 at 05:25 PM
Herb
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


There are more on my website, www.herbturner.smugmug.com

Look for the USA folder, then '17 Cleveland Air Show with a picture of the F18 Hornet

bcguy wrote:
Well, you sure didn't disappoint! I love that F4U Corsair!!




Sep 10, 2017 at 01:12 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Milan Hutera
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


Two weeks ago, I was extremely frustrated. I took 800 photos at the airshow, planned to take about 500 max.

And here I read about somebody who was hitting the buffer limit on 1DxII (I think it's 90+ RAWs and unlimited JPEGs...).... .... I don't think I"ve taken more than 3 consecutive frames except for the situations where the plane or a copter was releasing the flares.

Some of these are nice, some are quite blurry....



Sep 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Herb
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


Milan Hutera wrote:
Two weeks ago, I was extremely frustrated. I took 800 photos at the airshow, planned to take about 500 max.

And here I read about somebody who was hitting the buffer limit on 1DxII (I think it's 90+ RAWs and unlimited JPEGs...).... .... I don't think I"ve taken more than 3 consecutive frames except for the situations where the plane or a copter was releasing the flares.

Some of these are nice, some are quite blurry....


That might have been me......spray and pray! Ha! . Few blurry.....but lots of photos, I pick the best of a bunch and ditch the rest....I went two days, on day one I had my 5DIV and the second day I used my 1DxII. The 5DIV hit the buffer when saving to both cards, not often, but it did. As suggested on this forum, I set the write of jpegs to the SD card and the RAW to the CC card. That did make it last longer.

On the second day I used the 1DxII and there was never a time when I would hit the buffer limit......but I did feel like the camera was much faster FPS wise when I just switched to saving JPG rather than both.....probably psychological....



Sep 10, 2017 at 03:31 PM
Milan Hutera
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


Herb wrote:
That might have been me......spray and pray! Ha! . Few blurry.....but lots of photos, I pick the best of a bunch and ditch the rest....I went two days, on day one I had my 5DIV and the second day I used my 1DxII. The 5DIV hit the buffer when saving to both cards, not often, but it did. As suggested on this forum, I set the write of jpegs to the SD card and the RAW to the CC card. That did make it last longer.

On the second day I used the 1DxII and there was never a time when
...Show more

Just out of curiosity, what was the total number of shots you took on each camera?



Sep 10, 2017 at 03:51 PM
Herb
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


Milan Hutera wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what was the total number of shots you took on each camera?
hmmmmm, I am guessing but based on what I remember the total files was about 5,000. On the first day that was a 50/50 mix of jpg and RAW. The second day was also about 5,000 but was about 4,000 of jpg. Of course I am relying on my memory and that is very dangerous! 😜




Sep 10, 2017 at 04:13 PM
Herb
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


I should add that when my wife and I went to the Monaco Grand Prix this year we had a combined 10,000 shots. That's a lot of photos and there are shots that had I not followed the car shooting I wouldn't have gotten this series....



İHerb 2017





İHerb 2017





İHerb 2017





İHerb 2017





İHerb 2017




Sep 10, 2017 at 04:20 PM
Milan Hutera
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Shared experience from two days at the Cleveland Air Show...lots of photos


Herb wrote:
hmmmmm, I am guessing but based on what I remember the total files was about 5,000. On the first day that was a 50/50 mix of jpg and RAW. The second day was also about 5,000 but was about 4,000 of jpg. Of course I am relying on my memory and that is very dangerous! 😜



So you took about the same amount of photos in two days that I took in the most intensive 2.5 months of my photo career...



Like I said, whenever I take more than 500 photos a day, I get uneasy, my heart starts to race and I'm getting a rash... so I'd most probably end up in a hospital with 10 times the amount...



Sep 10, 2017 at 07:59 PM
1      
2
       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password