end

Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

engardeknave
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

gdanmitchell wrote:
;-)

Something tells me you think I'm referring to something other than the necessity of entertaining subjects during shoots to keep them focused and connected with the camera. Your creepy ass winky face tells me this.

Oct 25, 2017 at 01:17 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

It is amazing what some people can read into an emoticon.

But, no, as a father of three grown children and someone old enough to wish for a few grandkids and someone who enjoys being silly to get small kids to smile, I just smiled and chuckled a bit when I read it. :-)

Edited on Oct 25, 2017 at 05:46 AM · View previous versions

Oct 25, 2017 at 03:29 AM
thenoilif

p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

gdanmitchell wrote:
It is amazing what some people can read into an emoticon.
I just smiled when I read it. :-)

It amazes me how some people are amazed when others don't understand them when they read or communicate things improperly

= wink (when you know something is a joke or has hidden meaning)
= smile (literally means you are happy)

But hey nobody is perfect. We all make communication mistakes sometimes right <:-l

Oct 25, 2017 at 03:43 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

Okay guys, enough is enough! Let's get back to the OP's original post.

And before anyone says "who made you the thread police", I'm not. I just hate the thought of this site turning into another site we all know.

Oct 25, 2017 at 09:59 AM
thenoilif

p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

leighton w wrote:
Okay guys, enough is enough! Let's get back to the OP's original post.

And before anyone says "who made you the thread police", I'm not. I just hate the thought of this site turning into another site we all know.

2nd comment on this thread where I've seen someone thumb their nose at 'the other site'. Whats up with you guys on this site? This is not much different than the other. Same discussions, same angry and pretentious posters, same 'my lens is bigger than yours', same product biases, and same consumerism promotion. The only difference I see is that this site seems to have more grumpy older members who think they own the place.

Oct 25, 2017 at 03:20 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

thenoilif wrote:
I don't think positioning the camera away from your face is going to be less intimidating in regards to the GFX. It's the size that is distracting and the GFX camera and lenses are beasts.

Beasts compared to what?

Oct 25, 2017 at 04:45 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

thenoilif wrote:
2nd comment on this thread where I've seen someone thumb their nose at 'the other site'. Whats up with you guys on this site? This is not much different than the other. Same discussions, same angry and pretentious posters, same 'my lens is bigger than yours', same product biases, and same consumerism promotion. The only difference I see is that this site seems to have more grumpy older members who think they own the place.

The other difference is that you would have been banned by now on that "other" site...

Oct 25, 2017 at 04:47 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

thenoilif wrote:

The difference is that this thread is the first time I had ever seen someone call another user a liar. As far as I can tell, you may not be a good fit here. We are not a combative community here. Moreover, we rarely ever use such inflammatory language as you have. And yes, it has riled up many folks to reply in kind. Own the place? Odd viewpoint. I like to look at it as that there are certain well-respected members who have invested time and knowledge, and gone on to share their images for the betterment of the group. And yes, that does indeed bring a sense of ownership to the forums. We are civil folk. We also allow for people to have different experiences, tastes, desires, and expression than our own. So we refrain from the definitive statements. Most everyone here prefers to contribute rather than to argue.

Oct 25, 2017 at 04:56 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

TheEmrys wrote:
The difference is that this thread is the first time I had ever seen someone call another user a liar.

You must be new here.

Just kidding! ;-)

Now, perhaps we can all go back to discussing cameras? I think it is worth a try!

Oct 25, 2017 at 05:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

engardeknave
• •
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

Having played with the GFX for a night, it is absolutely fantastic. I would love this camera even if it had the same sensor as the A7RII.

I'm amazed to see they've implemented a feature I've wanted since I was shooting with the 5D2. This is the ability to autofocus while zoomed into the AF area. And it only takes a single button press to zoom in 100%.

Face/eye-AF will move the box to the correct area automatically. If it doesn't there is a touch screen, a joystick, and separate AF areas for portrait and landscape.

I was only getting about 85% in focus with Sony's eye-af (which was really good), but this will likely result in 100% focused images, since I'm checking it as I take each shot.

Then there's three auto-iso modes with upper and lower iso limits, as well as a floor for shutter speed. I don't know how much of this is inherited from other Fujifilm cameras, but this is all really great stuff. I think I will be using this camera for a while.

Oct 25, 2017 at 06:39 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

engardeknave wrote:
Having played with the GFX for a night, it is absolutely fantastic. I would love this camera even if it had the same sensor as the A7RII.

I'm amazed to see they've implemented a feature I've wanted since I was shooting with the 5D2. This is the ability to autofocus while zoomed into the AF area. And it only takes a single button press to zoom in 100%.

Face/eye-AF will move the box to the correct area automatically. If it doesn't there is a touch screen, a joystick, and separate AF areas for portrait and landscape.

I was only getting about 85% in
...Show more

In face/eye AF mode, the metering pattern automatically switches to expose for the face. I think this feature is a nice compliment to the face/eye detection mode as well.

Oct 25, 2017 at 06:55 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

^^^

Those GFX features are quite interesting. (I've been watching them and I've considered the camera.) FWIW, the OP's question had to do with the XT2 (and XT1) as options. I may have missed something, but I didn't think he was asking about the GFX.

That said, the GFX (and other miniMF cameras) are interesting alternatives to full frame systems for some photographers. I think that there are, in fact, some threads already running on that subject.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017 at 08:25 PM
thenoilif

p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

molson wrote:
Beasts compared to what?

I also should have included 'serious lack of reading comprehension skills' in my site to site comparison.

Oct 26, 2017 at 04:06 AM
AlanD
• •
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

I know they make the Hasselblad HC line, but I have never seen any evidence or could even find any claims that they make either of the Zeiss lines.

The Touit Macro patent is Fujifilm’s. The other two are patented by Zeiss. Never heard about the Batis though...

Oct 26, 2017 at 02:49 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

Just fun to think about: Sony/Zeiss using Fujifilm lens technology while Fujifilm uses Sony-built sensors.

Kinda' makes the whole camera "Brand Wars" stuff even more ludicrous than it already was...

Oct 26, 2017 at 05:54 PM
rbf_
• • •
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

gdanmitchell wrote:
Just fun to think about: Sony/Zeiss using Fujifilm lens technology while Fujifilm uses Sony-built sensors.

Kinda' makes the whole camera "Brand Wars" stuff even more ludicrous than it already was...

Very true I really can't stand the "Brand Wars'.

Oct 26, 2017 at 09:27 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · Trying out Fuji as a Sony-user

I believe the Batis lenses are Tamron designs. The 85/1.8 for sure. I haven't kept up with Sony since I bought into Fuji.

I would live for Zeiss to port the Batis line over to Fuji. The 85/1.8 would be stellar. The 25, 18, and 135 would all be welcome, too. It isn't like they don't already have the mount technology.

gdanmitchell wrote:

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:02 AM
1       2       3              6      
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password