New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Need some opinions???

mikek200
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need some opinions???

I've been an Epson owner since 2011
I print mostly for my own please,with an occasional print made for family & friends..
I am thinking of switching to another manufacturer..but undecided as to which one
I currently have the Epson 3000,& it gives me beautiful results,,with maybe a clog issue ,now & then.
Whats the general opinion,on what model,make,..I'm looking at the the epson P600,13x19 is about as big as I want to go-now,with printing.

Any suggestions,Canon maybe??,don't want to go over $1200-1300-,, size is an issue,I'm on a desktop setup

Thanks,
Mike

Sep 03, 2017 at 10:32 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need some opinions???

Dumb question on my part but, if you get "beautiful results" with the 3800 why do you want to go thru the $$ and hassle of a different printer? I flog my 3880 continually and yeah it has to be taken out back on occasion and have the nozzles smacked out of it, but I get excellent prints from it. Tis limited to 17x22, but I have neither the room nor the money for anything bigger.

Just curious.

Robert

Sep 03, 2017 at 11:23 PM
mikek200
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need some opinions???

Because,I'm interested in seeing what the differences are, with the new black inks,and the improvement with the Yellow,...-I'm referring to the EpsonP600/800.
Yes,you make sense...its a why bother decision?
Thanks,
Mike

Sep 03, 2017 at 11:31 PM
dclark
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need some opinions???

There are some pretty good mail in rebates for both Epson and Canon printers. They were to expire Aug 31 but I see they are extended to Sept 30. For example the Canon Pixma Pro 100 is only $129 after mail in rebate. I just bought the Canon Pro-1000 for $999 after $300 rebate, to replace my Epson printer. I considered the Epson 5000 or P800. My Epson gives good prints but I use too much ink and time clearing clogged nozzles, so I am going to give the Canon thermal ejectors a try. The prints I have seen from both the Epsons and the Canon are very good.

Dave

Sep 04, 2017 at 05:55 AM
mikek200
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need some opinions???

dclark-excellent post,many thanks,this will give me a chance to try ,these Canon inks.

Mike

Sep 04, 2017 at 01:14 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password