1       2      
       end

Archive 2017 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

dehowie
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

darryn patch wrote:
it'll be either a 1DS3 or a 1Dx depending on how much I have to fork out for a telephoto gota buy the whole shebang lens body back pack tripod head cards and I got 10K Aussie to do it with

The IQ on the 1Dx is better than the 1DsMk3 for my uses for several reasons.
First its fps will enable you to get frames missed by the Mk203.
The files are far more editable taking heavy work without artifacting.
The AF is outstanding in all but dark conditions where it is simply good to very good.
Having used the 1DxMk2 a lot there is still not a huge amount to split them and i woukd happily use a 1Dx tomorrow if one of mynMk2's broke down.

Sep 10, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

Have had three of them and NO AutoFocus issues with any of them.

Still excellent image quality that is not beat at lower ISO settings.

Will have one of them on here for sale shortly as I'm clearing out stuff. Can only carry and use so much at a time and would rather have someone use the gear than have it sit.

The 1DsMkIII is excellent. Built like a pro body should and the batteries give a lot of images before you need to recharge. More than 2,000 from my experience - and that is from 117 degrees above to 43 degrees below zero. The camera works, the batteries work and if you can't get good images from it you aren't trying.

Sep 10, 2017 at 04:58 PM
darryn patch
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

Toady we bought a 1Ds MkIII with about 30K on the shutter came with 2 batteries and 2 Lexar PRO 600x 16GB CF cards, free registered shipping all for $1500AUD didn't think he'd accept my low ballish first offer

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Canon-EOS-1Ds-Mark-iii-Body-Great-Condition-inc-2x-Pro-CF-cards-2x-batteries/272845527431?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649

which is about $1200USD

all in all I think I got a great deal, just hope that a box with a brick in it doesn't arrive?

Sep 14, 2017 at 01:11 AM
SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

I had both the 1D MKIII and the 1Ds MKIII. It was the MKIII that was associated with poor bright light AF. Canon fixed it though thru recalls. However, the 1Ds MKIII has a tiny buffer so best to see that is OK for your needs.

Sep 18, 2017 at 08:38 AM
hvu2012
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

I have 1DsIII. However, mine has problem of so-called "shutter bounce" which leave white line on top of image when shooting horizontally or on the left image when shooting vertically. This only happens when I shoot wide open with high shutter speed above 1/1000. However, this line is very small so that I can crop out when processing images.

I heard the cost to replace the shutter is more than $500! So I'll stick with this problem for now and no big deal. I love the color of 1D series, even though I have several 5D III which I use to shoot wedding day.

Sep 22, 2017 at 01:20 PM
whumber
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

hvu2012 wrote:
I have 1DsIII. However, mine has problem of so-called "shutter bounce" which leave white line on top of image when shooting horizontally or on the left image when shooting vertically. This only happens when I shoot wide open with high shutter speed above 1/1000. However, this line is very small so that I can crop out when processing images.

I heard the cost to replace the shutter is more than $500! So I'll stick with this problem for now and no big deal. I love the color of 1D series, even though I have several 5D III which I use
...Show more

I had a shutter and mirror box replaced in a 1Ds3 back in 2014 and it came out to $327.30 including shipping and CPS Gold discount on labor. I don't have the camera any more but looking back on some of the images that came out of it just now I'm tempted to grab another one as they really are something special.

Sep 22, 2017 at 03:17 PM
hvu2012
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

whumber wrote:
I had a shutter and mirror box replaced in a 1Ds3 back in 2014 and it came out to $327.30 including shipping and CPS Gold discount on labor. I don't have the camera any more but looking back on some of the images that came out of it just now I'm tempted to grab another one as they really are something special.

Yeah I agree with you about 1Ds III. I still like its color it produced even though I shoot mostly with 5DIII now. I only use 1DsIII when I shoot bridal session outdoor.

Oct 04, 2017 at 11:01 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

hvu2012 wrote:

I heard the cost to replace the shutter is more than $500! So I'll stick with this problem for now and no big deal. I love the color of 1D series, even though I have several 5D III which I use
...Show more

Some of the 1DsIII's had shutters that failed prematurely and had nothing to do with Canon's recall. Toshio replaced mine at 80,000 clicks for about $350.

In the very near future the 1DsIII will be removed from the parts availability list and you will be out-of-luck.

T F Camera repair - 4 Oliver Ct, East Brunswick, NJ 08816 - - Toshio (732) 238-8806

Oct 04, 2017 at 11:11 AM
stevesanacore
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Canon 1DS mkIII did it have AF issues

I missed quite a few action shots in low light because of the AF hunting on my 1DS3. I found the 1DX and 5Dmk3 much improved. Other than that it was rugged and made nice images.

Oct 04, 2017 at 11:30 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.