Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · What's the best Leica M adapter for Fuji X?

chuck77
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What's the best Leica M adapter for Fuji X?

I am looking for a good Leica M adapter for Fuji X, maybe something with close-focus ability if it exists.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Sep 03, 2017 at 12:06 AM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What's the best Leica M adapter for Fuji X?

chuck77 wrote:
I am looking for a good Leica M adapter for Fuji X, maybe something with close-focus ability if it exists.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Hi. I have had experience with two adapters. The Fotodiox Pro Leica M/Fuji X adapter and the Fuji branded Leica M adapter. So my sample size is two

I have had zero issues with the Fuji branded adapter. The Fotodiox Pro adapter would not allow correct infinity focus (infinity actually matching infinity marking on the lens) and I had to add shims to achieve the correct thickness of the adapter to achieve accurate focus.

I have documented that adventure over in another forum thread here if you are interested:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/5976#13963601

I found out about the issue on the Fotodiox adapter after a return period, so I decided to fix it myself.

One thing to note on the Fuji adapter... Because of the electronic connection it provides, the internal baffles are more restricting than some of the 3rd party adapters so it does limit some lenses to be mounted. Fuji provides a compatibility list here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/mount/fujifilm_m_mount_adapter/compatibility_chart/

If you get a Fotodiox within specs it works great and costs much less than the Fuji. But the Fuji is rock solid. But neither offer close focus beyond the capability of the adapted lens.

Hope this helps.

George

Edited on Sep 04, 2017 at 12:33 PM · View previous versions

Sep 03, 2017 at 08:52 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What's the best Leica M adapter for Fuji X?

While I'm not looking to adapt lenses to my Fuji, I do appreciate a thoughtful response and the effort made to provide great information. Thanks George!

Sep 04, 2017 at 11:28 AM
Mike Tuomey
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What's the best Leica M adapter for Fuji X?

Greg, I have several M lenses which I use on an X-T1 occasionally (35 & 50 Lux and 75 APO). I have had no issues at all with the Fuji-brand adapter.

I understand the Rayqual adapters sold by Cameraquest are good. The VM close-focus adapter is only M- to Sony E-mount iirc. Would like to have that functionality for the X bodies.

Sep 06, 2017 at 07:59 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What's the best Leica M adapter for Fuji X?

I'd be interested in a tread of shots with adapted Leica or Zeiss M lenses on Fuji. I've always liked the Zeiss M lenses and would actually consider buying one or two if the results were as good as the Fuji lenses in the corners, for alternative options and for the mechanical focusing.

Sep 24, 2017 at 04:58 AM
guardado1213
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What's the best Leica M adapter for Fuji X?

Hey Chuck,

I've had great luck with Kipon's offering for Leica M to Fuji. Kipon's adapter has a helicoid which allows the lenses to focus closer than usual. Build quality is good and it isn't very expensive.

My other suggestion would be Fuji's own adapter. The benefits are that it will automatically switch the camera to "shoot without lens" setting. Very helpful if you're like me who forgets where in the menu that setting is. But as George mentioned, it does limit which lens you can use.

-Juan

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.