New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Nikon D850 What more do you need?
GradyBaby

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=245&v=pp2NMRkgOM0

Sep 02, 2017 at 10:49 PM
milkod2001
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

great camera 4 sure but this is just another paid advertisment

Sep 02, 2017 at 11:37 PM
GradyBaby

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

What's the difference? If it was a pro member doing the video with no affiliation to Nikon would it be different?

Sep 02, 2017 at 11:58 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Need? Nothing. I don't even "need" the D850. I sure do "want" it, however.

If I can have it super-sized and with chocolate sprinkles all for no extra charge, I'll take built in GPS, please.

Sep 03, 2017 at 12:17 AM
joefoo
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

In a perfect world it would have had the hybrid viewfinder and would do everything mirrorless does so we wouldn't have to read about how it doesn't over and over and over and over...

Sep 03, 2017 at 12:23 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

This camera reminds me a lot of the Nikon F6, even if it's the last true optical finder Nikon... what a way to go. Also, I don't understand people who think it's stupid to want optical. I shoot B&W jpeg on occasion, with the assumption I'm saving a color raw... and I'd be annoyed looking at a black and white image in the viewfinder.
joefoo wrote:
In a perfect world it would have had the hybrid viewfinder and would do everything mirrorless does so we wouldn't have to read about how it doesn't over and over and over and over...

Sep 03, 2017 at 02:50 AM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Blakehfreeman wrote:
Also, I don't understand people who think it's stupid to want optical. I shoot B&W jpeg on occasion, with the assumption I'm saving a color raw... and I'd be annoyed looking at a black and white image in the viewfinder.

That's a pretty broad statement to be backing up with an *extreme* edge case. That's really the main thing that comes to mind when you're gonna list one reason to stick to OVFs?

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:14 AM
ahaug
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Wouldn't want more. I want less. give me the d5 in a smaller body. I need to keep hope alive

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:15 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

I'll be more narrow.. I've shot and owned a Sony A7R side by side with my Nikon for a few years. I don't like when I pick a color profile or white balance etc and see the image shift in the viewfinder. I want to see the world as it is... and visualize the end result.

I see DAILY the comment that the best reason for a EVF is to see your final image in viewfinder - and I don't agree. Seemed like a pretty clear example of why I prefer the optical viewfinder.

Lee Saxon wrote:
That's a pretty broad statement to be backing up with an *extreme* edge case. That's really the main thing that comes to mind when you're gonna list one reason to stick to OVFs?

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:26 AM
EltonTeng
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Other than the camera in my hands at home... no.

Haven't upgraded since getting a D4 in 2012. It may be time to look into upgrading.

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

timbyers

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Personally, I would like a sensor that would be a square (1:1) out of the image circle instead of the 2:3 rectangle we have now.

The D850 square crop of the 2:3 image is nice, but its throwing away a lot of potential pixels.

It would also be nice to have the option of having an inverted image like we had in the days of the waist level viewfinder.

Probably a niche item, but I would pay dearly for it.

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:43 AM
Kubicide
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

What more do I need? An updated general purpose zoom for traveling with the D850 - say, an E version 24-120 or similar.

Off topic: add me to the list of those that prefer optical viewfinders. I really tried to like EVF's but came back to DSLRs after trying Fuji's and a couple of others because I wanted to see the live action. Like Blakehfreeman, for me there is a major feeling of being disconnected from reality when staring at the electronic screen of the EVF. The optical VF feels right. And being a tech-geek I found this surprising!

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:45 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Blakehfreeman wrote:
I'll be more narrow.. I've shot and owned a Sony A7R side by side with my Nikon for a few years. I don't like when I pick a color profile or white balance etc and see the image shift in the viewfinder. I want to see the world as it is... and visualize the end result.

I see DAILY the comment that the best reason for a EVF is to see your final image in viewfinder - and I don't agree. Seemed like a pretty clear example of why I prefer the optical viewfinder.

Hmm . . . I've never seen a comment suggesting that the best reason to have an EVF is to see the final image.

Actually and OVF and EVF are different versions of the world (the world being the image that the lens is projecting onto the image sensor) and you can pick which camera has which kind of viewfinder to view the world either of those ways.
An OVF clearly does not let you see the world "as it is" since your eye adjusts to light levels and compensates for color casts that make it through the OVF. Also an OVF typically doesn't let you see true depth of field for fast glass. The frame is also slightly cropped/un-cropped, etc.

An EVF is a whole different interpretation of the image being projected onto the sensor since you are seeing an image projected by a screen via some optics that's some representation of the image falling on the sensor. Color casts, light levels, etc. can all be off, though things like DOF, flare, ghosts, dust bunnies, etc. are faithfully represented.

Take your pick, but neither an OVF or EVF lets you see the world "as it is".

Sep 03, 2017 at 04:53 AM
pieceofdebri

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

I want a button that rotates the sensor so I don't have to change how I hold my camera when shooting verticals. It looks stupid.

Sep 03, 2017 at 05:06 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Honestly I just need my D810 and go out and take some more shots The D850 will be great and just make getting those special moments easier but there is no rush.

Sep 03, 2017 at 05:43 AM
Alexluu627
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

i want this camera to be 2000 bucks like when I bought my d810 in 2015 :P. The extra 1300 bucks can go into a 105mm f1.4 purchase lol!

People want to say this is a steal of a price, but I don't believe it. Too many good cameras out there.

Sep 03, 2017 at 06:16 AM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

I need it cheaper and 60MP

Sep 03, 2017 at 12:23 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

D850 will certainly be good, but for the same $3300 you could get a used D810 and D500.

I think their MSRP is quite fair, but I would find it hard to pass on a D810/500 in favor of a D850.

Sep 03, 2017 at 12:40 PM
Spectro
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

^ I agree and am sure many retailers will try to get us to trade our D500/810 combos for D850 and grip. Other than the D850 having the D500 ergonomics and AF, which I love, that could be an expensive switch when considering depreciation.

Sep 03, 2017 at 01:01 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Nikon D850 What more do you need?

Spectro wrote:
^ I agree and am sure many retailers will try to get us to trade our D500/810 combos for D850 and grip. Other than the D850 having the D500 ergonomics and AF, which I love, that could be an expensive switch when considering depreciation.

Come to think of it, my current 4 Nikon DSLRs have a used value of right around the same as one D850 (D800, D800, Df, D7100).

Sep 03, 2017 at 01:52 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password